rumor

Gaga's career in China is basically over

politicqxs

Featured Posts

politicqxs

Pop star Selena Gomez has quietly canceled her August tour dates in Guangzhou and Shanghai, if rumors are to be believed she was forced to do so by the Chinese government, and not just because they don't like her music.

The reputable-sounding "Shady Music Facts" has posted a photo of the American pop princess looking up into the eyes of none other than the Dalai Lama:

Due to this image of her & the Dalai Llama. Selena Gomez has been BANNED from China. Her shows there are cancelled. pic.twitter.com/HKE70fIRxS

— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) April 18, 2016

The picture appears to be from two years, when both Gomez and the Tibetan spiritual leader were in Vancouver to host We Day, a youth empowerment project that takes place in cities around the US and Canada. According to a Daily Mail report, the singer captioned the pic: "words of wisdom. #speechless." Here's another pic:

If Gomez was in fact banned from China because of her photos with the Dalai Lama, she would be in some celebrated company. Last year, a Maroon 5 concert in Shanghai was canceled, possibly because one member went to His Holiness's b-day party.

Later in year, Bon Jovi's much-anticipated China-tour was scrapped, again among much intrigue. Diehard Taiwanese fans said they sent pics of the band performing five years ago in front of a backdrop of the Tibetan spiritual leader to Chinese authorities, so that the Shanghai and Beijing concerts would be canceled and Bon Jovi would be forced to perform another night in Taipei. It worked, sorta.

Fellow American band Linkin Park was banned from China for six years after members were photographed getting chummy with the Dalai Lama at a conference in Los Angeles. And Bjork famously ended her song "Declare Independence" by shouting "Tibet! Tibet!" at a 2008 show in Shanghai, earning her the boot.

The former Bieber-babe actually started a Weibo account back in 2012. Currently, she's up to almost 900,000 fans. Yesterday, she made a bilingual post saying that "I can't wait to see everyone on the revival tour!"

If anyone knows Gomez's catalog, now is the time to insert your own pun.

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/04/22/selena_gomez_banned_dalai_lama.php

SelenaChina.jpg

giving up sodomy and moving to 🇦🇪 converting to ☪ and marrying four girls

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre

F*CK THE GUVERMENT. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

crisTEAne
5 minutes ago, Licq said:

i hope gagz will

because kindness comes

and without gagz, it will be

in china

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

It's not like she had a huge Chinese fanbase and LG5 is gonna flop because of the loss.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Andrew Warhola
8 minutes ago, Licq said:

The reputable-sounding "Shady Music Facts" has posted a photo

Did they just throw shade at Shady Music Facts? :deadbanana:

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

People there will probably pirate it anyway. :v:

Why does Chinese people hate Tibet so much?

I remember when Bjork shouted "Tibet!" in her concert and everyone booed her. Is it that bad?

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

10 minutes ago, gagzus said:

why does china hate him?

cuz he's a separatist, he made a insurrection in Tibet 03/14/2008

politicqxs
9 minutes ago, Red said:

It's not like she had a huge Chinese fanbase and LG5 is gonna flop because of the loss.

katy-perry-signs-album-copy-in-china.jpg

288pdgx.jpg

giving up sodomy and moving to 🇦🇪 converting to ☪ and marrying four girls

PopThatArt
19 minutes ago, Licq said:

Pop star Selena Gomez has quietly canceled her August tour dates in Guangzhou and Shanghai, if rumors are to be believed she was forced to do so by the Chinese government, and not just because they don't like her music.

The reputable-sounding "Shady Music Facts" has posted a photo of the American pop princess looking up into the eyes of none other than the Dalai Lama:

Due to this image of her & the Dalai Llama. Selena Gomez has been BANNED from China. Her shows there are cancelled. pic.twitter.com/HKE70fIRxS

— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) April 18, 2016

The picture appears to be from two years, when both Gomez and the Tibetan spiritual leader were in Vancouver to host We Day, a youth empowerment project that takes place in cities around the US and Canada. According to a Daily Mail report, the singer captioned the pic: "words of wisdom. #speechless." Here's another pic:

If Gomez was in fact banned from China because of her photos with the Dalai Lama, she would be in some celebrated company. Last year, a Maroon 5 concert in Shanghai was canceled, possibly because one member went to His Holiness's b-day party.

Later in year, Bon Jovi's much-anticipated China-tour was scrapped, again among much intrigue. Diehard Taiwanese fans said they sent pics of the band performing five years ago in front of a backdrop of the Tibetan spiritual leader to Chinese authorities, so that the Shanghai and Beijing concerts would be canceled and Bon Jovi would be forced to perform another night in Taipei. It worked, sorta.

Fellow American band Linkin Park was banned from China for six years after members were photographed getting chummy with the Dalai Lama at a conference in Los Angeles. And Bjork famously ended her song "Declare Independence" by shouting "Tibet! Tibet!" at a 2008 show in Shanghai, earning her the boot.

The former Bieber-babe actually started a Weibo account back in 2012. Currently, she's up to almost 900,000 fans. Yesterday, she made a bilingual post saying that "I can't wait to see everyone on the revival tour!"

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/04/22/selena_gomez_banned_dalai_lama.php

SelenaChina.jpg

"American pop princess"? Hahahahaha. Bitch where?

Go see A Star is Born

GloZell Green

Whatever, I'm sorry but China is not a huge factor in her sales. What I'm worried about is her tour, Hong Kong gave her 7 million for the BTWB tour gross, but I'm sure she can find other places.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Andrew Warhola
11 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

"American pop princess"? Hahahahaha. Bitch where?

You're aware of the fact that you can leave a comment without quoting the whole OP, right?

she's a party girl with a bad habit for drugs

malazam

Which career anyway? The only thing important there is Hong Kong for tour and with Gaga's relevancy in the music industry and touring power right now, she won't go there for a long-looong time :neyde:....

9 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

Whatever, I'm sorry but China is not a huge factor in her sales. What I'm worried about is her tour, Hong Kong gave her 7 million for the BTWB tour gross, but I'm sure she can find other places.

Who needs China when you have Japan

Who needs Hong Kong when you have Saitama

:v:

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived