💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

I don't get why so many people turned their backs on Gaga during ARTPOP...

JAMES1993

Featured Posts

It was a mess from start to finish, It all seemed rushed and it looked like she was not ready or in the mood after breaking her hip for a big comeback and a long era. she wasnt fighting for that album, I remember when she disappeard in the middle of the era? Who does that? Imagine if Katy perry disappeard like that after her first flop uncoditionally? Her era would have been a fiasco too. Gaga should have never done that, even if it was a mess she could have released more music videos and gracefully wrap it like it is, but instead she dissppeard in the middle of the era and was too weak to even continue after that.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JAMES1993
7 hours ago, Ronk said:

The album was way under-promoted.   The leak caused an early release that didn't coincide with all the careful planning designed for maximum impact.   Thus, the era was off of a messy start.  It was deemed cool to hate on Gaga, and the media and critics propagated this by panning ARTPOP.   They wanted to follow the trend rather than leading, so they claimed ARTPOP was not that good.  "Bandwagoning", as Klou mentioned.  Media and critics planted a seed of doubt in listeners minds and influenced what the listeners thought of it.  Many who pay no attention to what others think loved the album and still do.

The leak happening, actually caused "Applause" to be released august 12th a day before my birthday. So to me that was a blessing. I do agree once trot carter as fired I believe that set alot of sstuff planned for the album.back, causing gaga to end the era way to.early. And she made g.u.y. With bobby as a final goodbye to ARTPOP. And to show her fans she is taking full control of her music and will come back to take over. 

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. -Chaos Theory

2 minutes ago, JAMES1993 said:

The leak happening, actually caused "Applause" to be released august 12th a day before my birthday. So to me that was a blessing. I do agree once trot carter as fired I believe that set alot of sstuff planned for the album.back, causing gaga to end the era way to.early. And she made g.u.y. With bobby as a final goodbye to ARTPOP. And to show her fans she is taking full control of her music and will come back to take over. 

We will see about that one :)

Kayla
16 hours ago, Ronk said:

I don't know how you put art into music  I know a Bach fugue is considered "art", but where do you draw the line.  And since music is one of the arts, I guess all music is art.  I think most people tried to find art in the ARTPOP music but couldn't find it and didn't know of anything specific for which to look.  But imo, the art is in everything else in the era; the Koons covers and sculptures, and the tour shows. She said at the start that she was going to travel to world to inspire art and creativity.  I'll bet she was talking about the shows, not the music. Good question to ask her someday.

I totally agree the art was everywhere else in the era, and I think most of what she did was phenomenal and deserved more recognition and respect. But you put art into music by incorporating more lyrics that reference it, by sonically recreating historical musical creations (maybe even incorporate actual excerpts). Have songs that are specifically inspired by works of art. 

ARTPOP, Venus, Donatella, and Fashion! are the only tracks on that album that actually reference or are inspired by works of art in some way. Ultimately the connective thread through the music is not art, but rather love, sexuality, and staying true to yourself. 

Ronk
8 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I totally agree the art was everywhere else in the era, and I think most of what she did was phenomenal and deserved more recognition and respect. But you put art into music by incorporating more lyrics that reference it, by sonically recreating historical musical creations (maybe even incorporate actual excerpts). Have songs that are specifically inspired by works of art. 

ARTPOP, Venus, Donatella, and Fashion! are the only tracks on that album that actually reference or are inspired by works of art in some way. Ultimately the connective thread through the music is not art, but rather love, sexuality, and staying true to yourself. 

I agree completely.  While it didn't bother me that she didn't reference art in the music or lyrics much, I get your point that she could have.  Plenty of artists have sonically referenced old classical music.  The Beatles even referenced the Renaissance style of music with "Yesterday" without using any particular song from that era, and certainly that song sounded artful.  And yes, Gaga could have written lyrics to specifically reference art more than she did.  Of course, as an artist she did what she envisioned, and we applaud her for following her dream even if we might have done it differently.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Ronk
16 hours ago, Nono said:

It was a mess from start to finish, It all seemed rushed and it looked like she was not ready or in the mood

That was all due the leak.  On the day of the leak she posted something like O God No!, I don't remember the exact words.  She knew at that moment the disastrous impact of the leak.  Everything hinged on getting off to a good start.  But she had to move the release ahead of all the planned promo, and yes, it was rushed and not ready because of that.  If the release could have gone off with the intended bang, Applause may have outdone Roar, and then the public perception of the album may have been much more positive.  How people view something isn't often driven by technical things, but by emotion and their general feeling at the time.  Gaga wasn't as popular as Katy at that time because of the long recovery from her injury.  She felt embarrassed about the injury and was emotionally down and went into a blackout.   The blackout was not wise, but she was down and hurt ... she's human.  So ARTPOP needed to get off to a great start, and that was denied.

26 minutes ago, Ronk said:

That was all due the leak.  On the day of the leak she posted something like O God No!, I don't remember the exact words.  She knew at that moment the disastrous impact of the leak.  Everything hinged on getting off to a good start.  But she had to move the release ahead of all the planned promo, and yes, it was rushed and not ready because of that.  If the release could have gone off with the intended bang, Applause may have outdone Roar, and then the public perception of the album may have been much more positive.  How people view something isn't often driven by technical things, but by emotion and their general feeling at the time.  Gaga wasn't as popular as Katy at that time because of the long recovery from her injury.  She felt embarrassed about the injury and was emotionally down and went into a blackout.   The blackout was not wise, but she was down and hurt ... she's human.  So ARTPOP needed to get off to a great start, and that was denied.

Bad romance leaked too, so why wasnt that mv rushed and why TFM era wasnt a mess? Leaks are terrible thing, and her manager left her in the middle of an era.. But lets face it, she wasnt ready...she should have planned music video for applause and filmed it long time ago but she didint she waited for the last moment its a shame because she had a plenty of time in 2012-13

Ronk

Everyone second guesses all this from hindsight.  Actually, nobody knows what was really going on prior to the release.  We have learned that singles and videos that Gaga wanted were disallowed by management and label.  If she was not "in the mood" as you say, I can certainly see why;  the leak, and the taking away of the freedom of a remarkably creative artist.  People in control think they know better than the artist, or even want to undermine the artist.  This saddens me greatly.  Gaga is one artist that should be unchained.

Archived