💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Tokyo Ghoul will be made into a live action film

Kulture Kiari

Featured Posts

Kulture Kiari

I dont know if there are any anime fans out here, but over the weekend, confirmation arose that Tokyo Ghoul will be made into a live action film. I guess this is good news and bad news. Those who have followed the anime series from season 1 know it is a really good anime. Unfortunately, the creators of the series decided to take a different route for season 2, causing season 3 to be put on hold. Fans of the series have been waiting for any new news (it literally is the same feeling as waiting for LG5, we got teased that season 3 would premiere last year, then in the first quarter of the year, then the voice actors started saying that they dont know whats going on, now in April, the producers said they are starting everything all over and dont know yet when season 3 might premiere, maybe as early as next year.) So for fans, having a live action film being made is kind of exciting. I just hope they pick good actors and dont mess up the casting.

tokyo-ghoul-root-a-02.png

Source: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/06/16-1/live-action-tokyo-ghoul-plans-made-official?utm_source=community&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

Kulture Kiari

Anime description:

The story follows Ken Kaneki, a college student who barely survives a deadly encounter with Rize Kamishiro, his date who reveals herself as a ghoul, he is taken to the hospital in critical condition. After recovering Kaneki discovers that he underwent a surgery that transformed him into a half-ghoul. This was accomplished because some of Rize's organs were transferred into his body, and now, like normal ghouls, he must consume human flesh to survive. The ghouls who manage the coffee shop "Anteiku" take him in and teach him to deal with his new life as a half-ghoul. Some of his daily struggles include fitting in to the ghoul society, as well as keeping his identity hidden from his human companions.

I have mixed feelings about this. :crossed:  I don't usually like animes being renderred to live actions. I really like Tokyo Ghoul, so I'm gonna very critical about this one. 

Kulture Kiari
6 minutes ago, Helios said:

I have mixed feelings about this. :crossed:  I don't usually like animes being renderred to live actions. I really like Tokyo Ghoul, so I'm gonna very critical about this one. 

Same here. I mean hey, at least it is SOME news instead of no news. Jesus, I would rather have season 3 than this tbh. 

Seeka

We all know it's gonna suck. It doesn't matter how good the anime is, the live-action films suck.

I torrent Tokyo Ghoul recently but I haven't gotten the chance to watch it. But my friend recommends it, and she has great taste.

but I doubt the film will be any good. it won't be promoted anywhere and probably have one of those releases that's for one night only.

People who make anime should know very few normal people are into anime. The last anime I know of that leaked into normal people was Death Note.

Kulture Kiari
9 minutes ago, Seeka said:

We all know it's gonna suck. It doesn't matter how good the anime is, the live-action films suck.

I torrent Tokyo Ghoul recently but I haven't gotten the chance to watch it. But my friend recommends it, and she has great taste.

but I doubt the film will be any good. it won't be promoted anywhere and probably have one of those releases that's for one night only.

People who make anime should know very few normal people are into anime. The last anime I know of that leaked into normal people was Death Note.

True. But im trying to keep my hopes up. Im thristy for new TG material! :'(

9 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Waiting to see if it's going to be another whitewashed movie

giphy.gif

I doubt it. Im assuming everything will be done by foreign countries. I really dont care as long as the actors look a bit like the characters. 

2 minutes ago, Poot said:

Oh there's supposed to be a season 3? Mess, I thought S2 was the last 

giphy.gif

Lmao, yes. But people didnt like how S2 wasnt in canon with the manga, so they stopped production on S3 to see if they will continue s2 story arc or go back and stick to the manga. 

12 minutes ago, RubberHeartt said:

Same here. I mean hey, at least it is SOME news instead of no news. Jesus, I would rather have season 3 than this tbh. 

Well if you put it that way, I'd rather have no news at all :poot:  A Season 3 news would be amazing tho 

11 minutes ago, HEARTHUNTER said:

Waiting to see if it's going to be another whitewashed movie

giphy.gif

NOPE . NO.  I wont let them make Tokyo Ghoul a total cringefest like they did with DragonBall Evolution :grr: 

that is, if only I have the powers to do so :air: 

Kulture Kiari
Just now, Helios said:

Well if you put it that way, I'd rather have no news at all :poot:  A Season 3 news would be amazing tho.

:rip:

Daredevil
50 minutes ago, RubberHeartt said:

The ghouls who manage the coffee shop "Anteiku" take him in and teach him to deal with his new life as a half-ghoul. Some of his daily struggles include fitting in to the ghoul society, as well as keeping his identity hidden from his human companions.

Sounds a lot like being gay, except the part where they eat human flesh:lolga:

Kulture Kiari
Just now, Daredevil said:

Sounds a lot like being gay, except the part where they eat human flesh:lolga:

I never thought about it that way. But if you watch it, you will see some characters have really "gay" attitudes, and quite honestly, those are my favorite characters. Theyre fierce and really in your face. 

I watched season one and enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I'd rather a well done Death Note live action

Kulture Kiari
Just now, RF said:

I watched season one and enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I'd rather a well done Death Note live action

Theres already a live action Death Note and it sucks! 

FRANK1991

if it's done by Japan it's gonna suck, look at Attack on Titan, Assassination Classroom etc.

if it's done by America it's gonna suck, no need to say anything about that

:usrs:

either way the manga went to sh*t so whatever :sis:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Archived