Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn't Gaga eligible for Best New Artist at the Grammys?

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

Helxig
21 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

awesome-thrower-of-table-and-catcher-of-

Officially done with them.

Just like Bad Romance didn't hit #1 cos streaming wasn't a thing back then? 😭 

These are reasons why she changed the game though :happy:  which imo is pretty cool.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, RubberHeartt said:

But why would she want to be nominated for it now? I would just laugh because hello, she was nominated for album of the year before, so that would be a true reverse Warholian expedition. 

It would mean that she achieved a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacted the musical landscape... AGAIN 

Over.

JustAnotherDay

it's a good thing she didn't win best new artist, she can't suffer from the best new artists curse, look at what's happened to Meghan Trainor

was NickARTPOP

Harry

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/jul/08/lady-gaga-change-grammy-rules

"More and more, the first release of a new artist is as a featured artist on someone else's album, or the new artist may release a single long before the release of [their] first album," a spokesperson explained. Under the old rules, "best new artist" nominees could not have appeared on any Grammy-nominated recording – even if it was as a guest on another artist's album.

Changing rules one sequin at a time :sis:

Lord Temptation

Queen of getting the Grammys to change their rules.

migamiga

I try not to think about it. The award is a curse anyways. 

Plus it's so fake because a lot of the times the best new artist nominees have already been out for so long but the Grammys won't recognize them until they've achieved some commercial success (which is not what it should be about)

brendablethyn

It got messy because Ed Sheeran ended up getting nominated for BNA 2 years ago when his debut album had been out forever. So they changed the rules again.

Archived