Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Need to clarify something about Cheek To Cheek

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

Just saw this thread on ATRL speaking about Metacritic scores.

http://atrl.net/?t=1010498

For Grammy #1 Grammy, we need to not care about the metacritic score.

I mean... look at the critics, FULL of POP critics, with POP reviewers, when the album is jazz.

They spoke more about Gaga herself than the album.

Like, who the f*ck is Billboard to review a jazz album?

No & no.

All the JAZZ critics loved it, and they were pro.

Can someone post this on ATRL in the thread?

Because I won't let someone trashing Grammy #1 Grammy like that.

Creyk

Most reviewers review the person more than the actual product. This is why Beyonce got a high score for that subpar album Lemonade, because people are afraid to hate on her, because apparently if someone doesn't adore Beyonce he is racist and hates all black people.

At the end of the day, acclaim is pointless. What matters is whether the music connects with the GP. Acclaim doesn't pay the bills. Chart success does.

Batwings

Well, for me, the success of the album overwhelms anything some puffed up twat of a music critic might think. Besides, I'm pretty sure that because Gaga was just coming off the heels of the ARTPOP era that many critics couldn't wait to scrutinize the sh1t out of her regardless of what she did.

Swan Heart

I will post what you said there.

EDIT: Just did. :hor:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Didymus

Eh, that's not really accurate to me. Jazz critics weren't negative, but they weren't really praiseworthy either. Actually the jazz reviews were the ones that focused the most on Gaga and the least on the music :chica:

ViviLittleM
1 minute ago, Swan Heart said:

I will post what you said there.

lmao thanks and the

:hor:

perfect

SissyFromSpace
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

At the end of the day, acclaim is pointless. What matters is whether the music connects with the GP. Acclaim doesn't pay the bills. Chart success does.

Try telling that to GGDers that try to bring down Katy Perry's success. I thought it was music over the bling? what happened now? now everyone wants chart success over acclaim? hmm...

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Loyalty
2 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Most reviewers review the person more than the actual product. This is why Beyonce got a high score for that subpar album Lemonade, because people are afraid to hate on her, because apparently if someone doesn't adore Beyonce he is racist and hates all black people

meghan-trainor-thank-you-album-cover-lar

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Most reviewers review the person more than the actual product. This is why Beyonce got a high score for that subpar album Lemonade, because people are afraid to hate on her, because apparently if someone doesn't adore Beyonce he is racist and hates all black people.

:duck:

No. The Lemonade reviews definitely focused on the actual product. Besides, Beyoncé never got much critical acclaim until her last two albums so your reply is inaccurate anyway.

Didymus

Also something I'd like to point out: if all these pop reviews were positive, as if anyone would make a thread like this about it. Don't give in to this kind of crap, the album was a collection of done to death standards that had nothing to do with each other, anyone who didn't see that Metacritic score coming was just deluding himself.

We should be happy that Gaga got praise for her vocals because at the end of the day that's all that album had to offer for critics and that's the truth.

Creyk
1 hour ago, Lance said:

Try telling that to GGDers that try to bring down Katy Perry's success. I thought it was music over the bling? what happened now? now everyone wants chart success over acclaim? hmm...

Wow, how ignorant can you be? I like katy. And I never bought that music not the bling BS, it's a silly concept

You can make the most acclaimed masterpiece ever, if it goes unnoticed by the majority and only 5 people hear it, then what's the point?

Creyk
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

:duck:

No. The Lemonade reviews definitely focused on the actual product. Besides, Beyoncé never got much critical acclaim until her last two albums so your reply is inaccurate anyway.

tumblr_inline_o5c0z4BJGx1qeou26_500.gif

Lol bye B, I know you spend 8 hours of your life every day writing essays here so I won't even bother to argue with you

Didymus
Just now, Creyk said:

tumblr_inline_o5c0z4BJGx1qeou26_500.gif

Lol bye B, I know you spend 8 hours of your life every day writing essays here so I won't even bother to argue with you

It's a very simple matter though. She's gotten plenty of bad reviews pre-2013 and the Lemonade ones show themselves that the focus was on the music :shrug:

Oh well. Clearly you're interested more in delivering attitude than (correct) arguments, that's fine, good to know for the future :gaycat:

Lucas

Critics all sucks, Born This Way has a 0 by some "PROFESSIONAL" critic (Tiny Mix Tapes) on Metacritic. Here is their "professional" review of the album : "Beyond all else, perhaps, think of this zero as the massive bedazzled orifice out of which our heroine has spawned a new era of popular culture."

None of them should influence your love of an album.

AlexanderLevi2
38 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Wow, how ignorant can you be? I like katy. And I never bought that music not the bling BS, it's a silly concept

You can make the most acclaimed masterpiece ever, if it goes unnoticed by the majority and only 5 people hear it, then what's the point?

That takes away the whole experience of art and music. I mean pop stars usually care about both.

Some of the greatest go unheard but that doesn't mean they are useless.

Currently listening to Joanne

Archived