Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

DWUW

Boris2

Featured Posts

Boris2

Would Usher have been a better choice for Slay what you want? First off, I really like R. Kelly, but I feel that Usher brings more to the table.  Since he is a good singer and dancer, I believe that  both could have slayed the performance below...  :diane:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teri Hatcher

DWUW***

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

AlexanderLevi2

Nah. I feel like R. Kelly is more of an icon. I like Usher but he is now just a slave to top 100/club hits.

Currently listening to Joanne

ReidOne

I wouldn't change it --- there is no DWUW without R. Kelly. The message of the song is completely lost if the collaboration is not between 2 individuals who have been chewed up and spit out by the media, while their art has been overlooked. 

Seeka

No. Usher isn't really that great anymore (like I don't even know his last song put out) not to mention R. Kelly is an icon, no matter what he has done.

ReidOne

This still makes me cry like a baby every time I watch it... R. Kelly singing "I Look to You" (which he wrote) at Whitney Houston's funeral. 

Yuuri

Honestly she shouldn't have done the remix with Christina to try to save the single. It sounds messy and sounds like they are trying to out sing eachother.

OT: They did a good job, although the music video might never get released.

ReidOne
Just now, Misaki said:

Honestly she shouldn't have done the remix with Christina to try to save the single.

Agreed. It was a huge mistake to try and make this song anything other than what it was originally intended to be. Without R. Kelly, the whole message (and irony) is lost.

GloZell Green

No thanks. If anything, she should've replaced R. Kelly with The Weeknd

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Himeros26

I have always had my own interpretation that Gaga cunningly used his image as a rapist to portray him as the media having sex with her. His lyrics are pure seduction, that's just always what I saw and felt and I feel it's genius (if that was ever her intent) so no.

but vocally, yes. Usher wouldn't have lip synced. 

Yuuri
5 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

No thanks. If anything, she should've replaced R. Kelly with The Weeknd

The Weeknd might be going the same path as Gaga in a short time. Remember how she rocked the charts and got over played?

Lord Temptation

It's probably the best song off ARTPOP. Every pop song in 2014 sounded like it.

Archived