Diane Warren drags Sam Smith to the pits of hell

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser
Just now, WineWater said:

But has Sam Smith done since then? Any stans want to fill me in?

it was literally a few months ago.... what was he supposed to do? Win the Nobel Prize?

Paper Gangsta
3 hours ago, blackstar said:

Sam Smith about being dragged by fan base where he belongs:

"Till it happens to you, you don't know, how it feels."

oh pls, he stans every popgirl out there

ryanripley

i can't at the admin of GAGAdaily believing that samantha's song is better than TIHTY :diane: 

her performance proved how much it deserved the award and it's her first performance that made me cry :diane: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LaLuna

Damn she's really bitter about not winning that Oscar, isn't she. It's like she cares more about that damn award than the message of the song. I agree that TIHTY should've won but at this point she's just being a sore loser. it's like, girl, your song got amazing exposure when Gaga performed it, so be happy about that. 

Paper Gangsta
2 hours ago, etron said:

Diane thinks she's such hot sh!t. :laughga: Like, it wasn't that good, hunty. It had a great message but the song itself....:awkney:

it was for sure better than the winning song

JusKeepBreathin

Does anyone even remember a lyric of the James Bond song? I don't care what you reply after searching google. No one knows the lyrics or can even hum a part of that song. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ronlop
3 hours ago, Admin said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Sam Smith song is great and a much more deserving winner? I was rooting for Gaga just like everyone else here, but come on!

I agree with you.

The only reason TIHTY could've won was because of the message. Either way, the song itself is horrible and one of the songs I instantly disliked from Gaga. So I'm not surprised Sam won.

ReidOne

By Diane's logic, the winner should have been "Earned It" by The Weeknd. 

I don't expect this to be a popular opinion, but when I put my Gaga fandom aside, a little part of me was happy Gaga & Diane did not win. The song was average at best (compared to both of their catalogs). And outside of their Oscar campaign, it had ZERO impact on popular culture. It only found impact once Diane & Gaga's Oscar campaign began. 

And oh dear lord, what a campaign they waged. Were there any media outlets they did NOT give an interview to? I feel like they worked harder campaigning for the Oscar than they did creating the song itself.

As shady and inappropriate as it was for Linda Perry to go on her Twitter tirade, I believe what she was saying. Gaga was added to the song simply to bolster the chances of Diane winning her long-awaited Oscar (after 7 losses in the category previously). You think the voting academy doesn't see right through that? 

Ultimately, Gaga still WON the night with that breathtaking performance, one of the most poignant moments of her whole career. I absolutely applaud Gaga and Diane for making themselves so vulnerable with their music, sharing such personal details of their lives and their horrific experiences with sexual assault. It's work that should be praised immensely, and I'm not here to deride the work.

But given all the factors at play, no one should be shocked it did not win an Oscar. 

Anderson123

Lol she's still bitter about it. Yes, I also wanted Gaga to win so bad and it annoyed me that Sam Smith did, but things like this happen all the time, people win and people lose. I think it's very dumb to talk about how Sam Smith didn't deserve it on TV, I'd be ashamed of myself if I ever did that. I mean, you can just clap and congratulate that person and be happy that he's living his great moment, ESPECIALLY because that's a Lady Gaga fan.

If I'm completely honest, I've only listened to Til It Happens To You like 5 times. I get the message, it's beautiful and very powerful, but it's probably not something I'd hope Gaga gets an Oscar for.

Lord Temptation

I feel sorry for Diane, Sam and Gaga.

They all got a lot of flak.

There were the Gaga haters saying that if she won then it means she somehow bought the award.

There were those saying that if Diane won then it was a sympathy vote because she has lost so many times before.

There are others who said that Sam would only win just to make sure neither Diane and Gaga wouldn't win.

Either way, personally, I think they should've given the award to all three.

Awards are so political these days. Well, they've always been, but you know.

Miel

At least we can all agree that Gaga's performance was the true winner of the night.

maybe the real winner was all the friends we made along the way lmao

3 points in and ready for more

GagaMyBlood95
9 hours ago, Harry said:

Imo Sam wasn't even second to Gaga in that category... I appreciate Sam and like some of his music but that song was one of the worst Bond songs in years.

Lol... How many Oscar winning songs have you heard, in that case?

I've heard quite of few, I don't see where's the problem :neyde:

If you don't like it, and some critics don't like it, doesn't mean other people must dislike it as well tbh

Honestly, if I had to choose from those nominated songs, I would have picked Earned It.

Yuuri

I do think Dianne has every right to be mad. She's a great song writer and she has so many Oscar nominations for great songs yet she has yet to win any. Hopefully she wins that Emmy.

Messy....... bit DID SHE LIE?

Nope!

Everyone knows TIHTY should have won. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Archived