💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is 'A Star is Born' really a good idea?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I'm nervous... I'm excited! But nervous... 

I fear that it could further age Gaga and move her further and further away from relevance as a mainstream pop act. She's only 30. But chasing this sort of "songbird" fame is more of an adult contemporary play. 

I'm starting to think she wants to be remembered as more of a "Barbra" than "Madonna"... Nothing wrong with that at all, but it would appear to be another step further away from her identity as an electro-dance-pop-Goddess. 

At the end of the day, I just want her to do what makes her happy and do what she feels is the most authentic expression of her own artistry. But sometimes I worry, because she is a human being, she is doing some of these things out of a "reaction" against the poor reception of ARTPOP, and once you've been branded adult contemporary in the pop world, there is no turning back. 

streisand-lady-gaga.jpg

ReidOne

I also feel like, given the history behind past versions of this film (A Star is Born), she is making play for an acting Oscar. Again, nothing wrong with that. But it's not the Gaga I came to the party for. I came here for the subversive, celebrate dance music aggressive FORCE that she was in her hey day. 

As much as I want her to win an Oscar, is it worth it if her dance music career suffers? 

PopThatArt

I feel Gaga is trying too hard these days to prove herself, ever since ARTPOP that's what everything seems to be about, proving herself. She can't get over that people's opinion of her changed with ARTPOP and feels we think less of her since it wasn't a huge hit, which by the way is erroneous, I don't think less of her at all. I think she really needs to look at things and stop trying to do everything at once. Jazz, pop, acting, tv shows, movies, commercials, just pick one and focus on it, once it's done, move to the next. 

Go see A Star is Born

gagajandro25

LG5 is still coming this year, C3C won't get much attention from LG's team, her involvement in this season of AHS might not be much, and the tour is being planned for next year. I wouldn't worry. A Star is Born won't push anything back or delay anything. She'll fit it in during the LG5 era/LG5 tour and it will only add to her busy busy schedule that we're about to see.

Lady Gaga is a legend and you will deal with it

ReidOne
Just now, warpedcurrents said:

A Star is Born won't push anything back or delay anything. She'll fit it in during the LG5 era/LG5 tour 

I hope you are right! But if she's really as thirsty for an Oscar as the Diane-era made it look, I could see her putting the brakes on everything to ensure it doesn't hurt her chances.

I feel bad --- I don't want to doubt her. But I am nervous. The campaign for an Oscar in Hollywood is a long, hard, calculated road. Just ask Leo. 

Whispering

Of course it's a good idea. She's a multi-talented artist. The only way to get better and to learn is to continue to take on new roles. 

If you "aren't here for it", then move on. Do what you want yo do with your life and expect others to do the same. 

Bradley

I think Gaga will be remembered as a diverse artist who straddles tons of genres and who appeals to a very wide demographic audience which includes younger and older generations.

I mean a lot of her young fans loved Cheek to Cheek, American Horror Story was for everyone, mostly youngsters but still middle-aged audience could still enjoy it since it wasn't Katy Perry teen-pop or something.

So no, I don't think she's distancing herself from youngsters, she's establishing herself as an artist of great diversity.

Edit: I think she's similar to Jennifer Lawrence in the sense that Lawrence doesn't only star in commercial blockbusters like The Hunger Games, X-Men but also films of a more artistic nature (in comparison with the films aforementioned) that usually get nominated for Academy awards like Joy, American Hustle, The Silver Lining Playbook, etc.

Not sure about you but this makes me like Jennifer Lawrence even more, she's able to showcase her acting talent yet still appeal to the ordinary GP through X-Men, etc. Gaga can be that too. In fact, many of my friends (the so-called GP) think highly of Jennifer Lawrence.

kabirartfling

I am positive that she will win many new fans with her acting in a star was born! The role just sounds so challenging that the critics and movie fans will love it!

Give your love to me

Bradley

Who said this though?

and once you've been branded adult contemporary in the pop world, there is no turning back. 

ReidOne
Just now, Whispering said:

If you "aren't here for it", then move on. Do what you want yo do with your life and expect others to do the same. 

Oh, I would totally be here for it!!! I am just hoping that she's "here for" more than "it" and doesn't let it interfere with the bread and butter of what holds this fan base together. 

But, like I said, if it makes her happy, I'm not complaining. She's the artist. I'm just the fan. Her body of work will ultimately be judged decades from now, as a whole. But it makes me nervous while we live through it, watching it play out! I just want the world to love her artistry as much as I do (and to keep hearing an evolution of the side of her that made me fall in love with her to begin with). 

gagajandro25
Just now, ReidOne said:

I hope you are right! But if she's really as thirsty for an Oscar as the Diane-era made it look, I could see her putting the brakes on everything to ensure it doesn't hurt her chances.

I feel bad --- I don't want to doubt her. But I am nervous. The campaign for an Oscar in Hollywood is a long, hard, calculated road. Just ask Leo. 

I think she's vey thirsty for an Oscar, but she also wants to do one acting role per year and A Star is Born would be huge for her. I don't think people realize how big it would be for her and it would come on the heals of the LG5 era/campaign/tour.

She's wrapping up the album right now and knows the fans would kill her if she pushed it back :green: she's also in talks for the Gypsy project but that would come far far down the road 

Whispering
Just now, ReidOne said:

Oh, I would totally be here for it!!! I am just hoping that she's "here for" more than "it" and doesn't let it interfere with the bread and butter of what holds this fan base together. 

But, like I said, if it makes her happy, I'm not complaining. She's the artist. I'm just the fan. Her body of work will ultimately be judged decades from now, as a whole. But it makes me nervous while we live through it, watching it play out! I just want the world to love her artistry as much as I do (and to keep hearing an evolution of the side of her that made me fall in love with her to begin with). 

Eh, if this particular narrow slice of Gaga's fanbase doesn't want her to grow and expand her artistry, let them move on to something else. There will be fans that appreciate the other projects and lots of casual and new fans, as well. 

Bradley
18 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

I am positive that she will win many new fans with her acting in a star was born! The role just sounds so challenging that the critics and movie fans will love it!

True, even if it turns out to be less successful than expected, she can still introduce herself as a whole new actress to other filmmakers and directors, creating chances for her to be recruited in future films. American Horror Story gave other filmmakers only a taste of her acting, I'm surprised my king, Bradley thought so highly of Gaga and approached her to offer her this role just after American Horror Story.

I mean, wait, does that mean Bradley Cooper has seen AHS: Hotel? :air:

gagajandro25

I don't think the fan base realizes how important this point in Gaga's career is. She's going from dance pop star to musical/acting legend right now. She's about to deliver an amazing album, attract a fan base of all ages, and continue to build her amazing music career. She's also about to continue building an amazing acting career with some amazing acting roles that will make her achieve a new career peak. I'm so excited and she has an amazing team right now, Bobby is an amazing manager and she's coming hard soon. 

Archived