💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Deadline: Gaga in talks for 'A Star is Born'

yxi

Featured Posts

Bradley
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Stop being so mean. Even if @Creyk only enjoyed teen bops and never watched a "quality movie" (as if the Oscars are representative of them, lol), that doesn't mean he has bad taste or isn't as smart as you or whatever. You can't say you know art is subjective and then bash someone's taste without looking stupid.

I'm sure Gaga would've been annoyed by his comment, but I'm also sure she wouldn't appreciate your elitist attacks either.. We know you're excited about this because your fav is going to be working with Gaga, but don't use that to crap on others pls.

I mean, yeah art is subjective and people have differing tastes, that I understand, but some of them put no effort in appreciating movies less of a commercial but artistic nature at all (The Revenant, Nebraska, Locke for example). If you truly did, and still are unable to enjoy them, there's still no need to mock the entire genre and people who work to make these films happen by calling them 'irrelevant'.

If you recall, he deems this genre (he said 'A Star Is Born' but I suppose 'A Star Is Born' is a representation of movies of this nature, since he hasn't seen the movie yet) as 'irrelevant', why? Because it doesn't gross as well as The Avengers or Transformers? It's like the fans calling Katy Perry and Taylor Swift basic and now when Gaga wants to explore movies that are more inclined towards getting Academy award nominations, he gives a such reaction. Don't you think this is disrespectful not towards Gaga but people, including actors and audience, who appreciate this genre?

I'm not saying the Oscars are the best measurement for quality, but they merit qualities that differ from those found in movies of a commercial and, in my opinion, basic nature. That's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me.

Btw, I wasn't speaking on behalf of just Bradley, but anyone, actors, audience and filmmakers alike, who genuinely show passion and interest in such a genre that is of 'A Star is Born'.

I apologise to you if I've offended you, sincerely. @Creyk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bad Monster Kid

I could see the movie doing really well and I could also see if being a disaster. Just hope if she does sign on the script is good and she is able to properly focus solely on this role.

We all know the soundtrack is gonna slay with the vocalist of this generation giving the gays everything they want. 

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

I could see the movie doing really well and I could also see if being a disaster. Just hope if she does sign on the script is great. 

We all know the soundtrack is gonna slay with the vocalist of this generation giving the gays everything they want. 

Failure is always a possibility, but even if it's a failure I believe it will be a great opportunity for Gaga to develop as an actress and Bradley as a director, so I'd encourage Gaga (and Bradley) to go ahead and not be afraid of failing.

They're both A-list celebrities and I'm sure the project will be a wonder.

Bad Monster Kid
1 hour ago, Bradley Cooper said:

Failure is always a possibility, but even if it's a failure I believe it will be a great opportunity for Gaga to develop as an actress and Bradley as a director, so I'd encourage Gaga (and Bradley) to go ahead and not be afraid of failing.

They're both A-list celebrities and I'm sure the project will be a wonder.

As long as it doesn't turn out like Glitter everything will be ok. 

doja scat

I honestly don't mind waiting for LG5 y'all I'm just happy she's happy doing her thing with acting 

doja scat

and if she does get the part the soundtrack is going to slay. The snatchation would be major. 

Allan

I guess she'll have to make a big decision, because I can't see LG5 and the movie happening at the same time. If she gets to release the album in Q4 of this year, the tour will probably be scheduled to start February/March/April, the exact time predicted to start the production of the movie. And we're talking about a movie that had Judy Garland starring, it's obvious that Gaga would want to start preparing for the role months before.

Didymus
1 hour ago, Bradley Cooper said:

I mean, yeah art is subjective and people have differing tastes, that I understand, but some of them put no effort in appreciating movies less of a commercial but artistic nature at all (The Revenant, Nebraska, Locke for example). If you truly did, and still are unable to enjoy them, there's still no need to mock the entire genre and people who work to make these films happen by calling them 'irrelevant'.

I don't get that at all. You're not talking about an avant-garde minimalist film festival treasure that won't outgross the production budget. You're talking about a classic musical that had two very successful, award-winning Hollywood remakes. If Bradley and Gaga are in the leads, this movie will probably be a commercial success.

I think you're reading way too much into Creyk's comment. I doubt he was criticizing the entire musical genre (which is probably one of the most commercial movie genres out there btw), he just called it irrelevant in passing 'cause he doesn't think it's an important project, or at least not more important than her new music era. He never mentioned the genre and he never, from what I'm reading, aimed at actors and production teams who make musicals, so I don't get why you're pulling that simple comment out of proportion just to be able to whine about who has the better taste :poot:

Bradley
23 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't get that at all. You're not talking about an avant-garde minimalist film festival treasure that won't outgross the production budget. You're talking about a classic musical that had two very successful, award-winning Hollywood remakes. If Bradley and Gaga are in the leads, this movie will probably be a commercial success.

I think you're reading way too much into Creyk's comment. I doubt he was criticizing the entire musical genre (which is probably one of the most commercial movie genres out there btw), he just called it irrelevant in passing 'cause he doesn't think it's an important project, or at least not more important than her new music era. He never mentioned the genre and he never, from what I'm reading, aimed at actors and production teams who make musicals, so I don't get why you're pulling that simple comment out of proportion just to be able to whine about who has the better taste :poot:

I'm not saying every Academy-award nominated film is a box office disappointment though, I'm just saying in comparison with the so called more 'basic' films like The Avengers or any superhero movie which grosses over $500 million easily, A Star Is Born is going to be less 'generic and commercial'. Anyway the comment was about Creyk calling this film 'irrelevant', and you just said that Bradley and Gaga are able to garner this film a lot of attention, so perhaps it's not irrelevant as how he described now.

He never mentioned the musical genre, but I've explained to you why I used the words 'this genre' instead of 'this film', because what movie would he have actually deemed relevant? I'm supposing he's calling this film irrelevant because this is not The Avengers or The Hunger Games, that's why I brought box office performance into this discussion. Musicals are not automatic success, I consider Into the Woods and Pitch Perfect more GP-friendly (hence commercial) and London Road, less commercial. I wasn't referring to the musical genre, but the style in which the films are made and A Star is Born is the less commercial one, I think it's more award focused. Sort of how you can't compare Bad Romance to Til It Happens To You.

Btw, I think you're interpretation of his comment is inaccurate, it's fine to disagree with me, but don't deem me as 'pulling his comment out of proportion' when I was replying in response of what I deciphered and understood, not what you understood.

Btw I've already apologised to him, so let's not dwell too deep in this. :)

Bradley

I seem to have neglected Creyk's words 'questionable looking actors', not that I want to create further dissension, just out of curiosity, what did you understand from that? @Didymus :poot:

54 minutes ago, Delete it Fat said:

and if she does get the part the soundtrack is going to slay. The snatchation would be major. 

Jajaja, and an Oscar and GG and Grammy for it just like Barbra :giveup:

Interesting.... well it could be great or a disaster. Im personally not yet fully behind Gaga The actress. Maybe this will convince me! :) I just hope she would give some focus to her actual career aka music. Also I M a bit afraid as there are two brilliant versions already (and especially Bab's singing is our of this world & Evergreen is one of My favourite songs)

But let's just see. I am happy to choke on my doubts if she indeed delivers.

1 hour ago, Allan said:

I guess she'll have to make a big decision, because I can't see LG5 and the movie happening at the same time. If she gets to release the album in Q4 of this year, the tour will probably be scheduled to start February/March/April, the exact time predicted to start the production of the movie. And we're talking about a movie that had Judy Garland starring, it's obvious that Gaga would want to start preparing for the role months before.

If it's Q4 release, the tour would start in April/May, not sooner. Remember ARTPOP and Prism (which was released earlier, and its tour started later)

Archived