Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Happy Birthday The Edge Of Glory's video

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

Already June 16th in France! :wub:

Gaga: "['The Edge of Glory'] was about how when my grandma was standing over my grandfather while he was dying. There was this moment where I felt like he had sort of looked at her and reckoned that he had won in life. Like, 'I'm a champion. We won. Our love made us a winner.' They were married 60 years. I thought about that idea, that the glorious moment of your life is when you decide that it's okay to go, you don’t have any more words to say, more business, more mountains to climb. You're on the cliff, you tip your hat to yourself and you go. That’s what it was for me in that moment when I witnessed it."

Edge-of-Glory-gif-lady-gaga-25211270-500

Gaga's wardrobe throughout the entire video primarily consists of only one outfit which was designed by Gianni Versace. The dress consists of a S&M inspired outfit, with heavy gold jewelry, studs on the leather, and vibrant nail polish and lipstick. Notable in the video is the absence of back-up dancers, elaborate choreography, or a symbolic plot: components that have all been predominant in Gaga's other music videos. Aside from Gaga herself, Clemons is the only other person to appear in the video.

Monsterka-image-monsterka-36599259-500-2

The video begins with Gaga slowly appearing from behind a building on a deserted street corner. The whole scenario is bathed in red and violet lights, coming from the windows of the buildings and alleyways as steam billows out from the drains. When the first verse of the song begins, Gaga emerges from the window of an apartment onto the fire escape. A long take follows, of Gaga strutting through the red-lit district singing the line "I got a reason that you should take me home tonight", and a shock of black hair falls in her eyes. Gaga does not remove it and the shot spans to her walking backside, gesturing the viewer to follow. The video consists mostly of interchanging shots of Gaga dancing and singing on the street, on the fire escape, and on the steps in front of the apartment building with Clemons. Near the end of the video, after Clemons' saxophone solo, Gaga crouches in front of the building's steps and kisses the sidewalk. The video concludes with a close-up of Gaga's face, before she re-enters through the window into her smokey apartment.

giphy.gif

Watch the video now, soon VEVO certified!

NewYorkCity

The fact that everyone is using that lighting nowadays for every video. ImpacT :firega:

creeves
7 minutes ago, Poot said:

Why would we celebrate the worst video she ever made :neyde: 

Simplicity is beauty :lana:

ViviLittleM
21 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

Reductive

How?

your thread is not a thread about the anniversary x)

Duella Dvil
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

How?

your thread is not a thread about the anniversary x)

Joking

www.instagram.com/theduella666

One of the worst days to be a member of GGD ever 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Duella Dvil
9 minutes ago, Majora said:

Her most iconic music video

tumblr_nickpuBdhm1qk8m2ho1_400.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Says hi

www.instagram.com/theduella666

BlondeQueenOfGGD
3 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

tumblr_nickpuBdhm1qk8m2ho1_400.gif

Hide contents