Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

TIME magazine comes for Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj

yASSsss

Featured Posts

venusfly
2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I don't need to see a big "look at me" media post to know she cares :shrug: 

Using a large platform to spread awareness of an issue is not a big "look at me" thing if worded correctly, which Gaga got wrong the first time but then corrected herself.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Higher

I didn't know they were obligated to do so.

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

I mean, this is good, right?

Because this shows how much they care about the LGBT community and it shows they're not genuine about this issue and we now know that we should not support them anymore.

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

DrewStevens

Meh they have never really cared about real problems. They are usually very vocal about the injustice that affects women or black people in the industry but never about them when something actually bad happens. 

PaperIz

I'm disappointed that they haven't said anything, but maybe they're waiting to write something worthwhile rather than just not thinking and putting something offensive out.

Fernster7

While I don't think they owe us, it would be really good if they did, they have a big platform, use it to do something good. What is funny to me is how the same people that dragged Gaga will probably come and defend them, if they did not already. Hypocrites. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Chuckles
3 hours ago, neptugne said:

Yas! And Rihanna is not mentioned as usual as she just makes #1 singles and never talks about anything ever 

Queen

Dorothy Gale

Honestly who cares? There are bigger issues in the world than whether or not certain celebrities have tweeted about a massacre. Like umm the actual victims of the shooting. 

Ciccone Madonna

Madonna and Gaga mostly took the social media to adress the issue. Expected. As for the other a simple tweet would be enough.

The Child
2 hours ago, neptugne said:

Yas! And Rihanna is not mentioned as usual as she just makes #1 singles and never talks about anything ever 

Cause no one expects anything else from Rihanna. She's just there. You just bop to her songs and that's it.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Runway

But.. But, GGD told me Gaga was the homophobic sell out that turned on gays?! 

ndsOqWuZpwtdO7UXCXaGeC0iEzHNYaNqZ3Lj7QOl

kabirartfling

Whats wrong with THE TIME? Which one of u monsters were appointed to write this article?can we Atleast think that taylor recently went through a public breakup, its difficult to go online and see millions of people asking about it (ala monsters asking for lg5) other than that drag nicki cuz she was like 'Barbs i know u  there in the audience ,love you and ****' at almost every award show, where are you now that they need you?

Give your love to me

Harry

I mean okay it would've been nice for them to come forward and say something, but when have Taylor or Nicki really spoken about anything LGBT...? I find it interesting that the media/public will pull up female artists on not posting a tweet about a certain issue but it's never expected of men. Where's Bieber's support for the LGBT community in the wake of this awful tragedy? Where's Kanye?

I know that the girls typically have bigger gay followings but it's not like it's written in their contract to be activists. I appreciate people like Gaga who really care and take it upon themselves to show enormous amounts of support, but that can't be expected of everyone all the time. There are issues I have with both Taylor and Nicki but this just seems like an excuse to "drag" yet again.

JackTheTripper

I think the last line is wrriten verry beautifully, and say it all on the isssue.

3 hours ago, X Mannequin said:

Stars don’t owe us anything, but nor do we owe them anything. Fans might find it more appealing to engage with stars who seem engaged with the world.

I think when you realise you have big platform and everyone talks about your actions, you should be socially aware use your influence that was given to you by public and give back in return.

And in all seriousness this is a slaughter, iits not only isuue for gay icons, we are talking about mass murder . hellou?

• AyaKara locked this topic
  • AyaKara unlocked this topic

Archived