💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

She Wants Revenge: "Gaga is the best"

yxi

Featured Posts

That pivotal scene in the premiere episode of American Horror Story: Hotel excited current SWR fans, lured in new fans, and put a huge spotlight on SWR overnight. "Tear You Apart" in a way capsulated how the entire season would unfold. How and when did you and Justin learn the song was going to be featured in the premiere of AHS Hotel?
We received an email asking if we had an instrumental of “Tear You Apart” for a potential placement in AHS. The email also included the fact that it was Lady Gaga that had requested it. I’ve become friends with her over the years and reached out to see if it was, in fact, her. It was. We had never made an instrumental, so we went in the studio and dug through old hard drives until we found the debut album with that particular session on it. We made an instrumental and sent it off. We had no idea what the scene was, how long it would play, no information. We found out with the rest of the world when we watched it on tv. It was insane. We were blown away that, not only did they use our song, but they used the entire song, with vocals, and basically made an entire “music video” for it, based on one of our favorite movies, The Hunger. It was mind blowing and we are so grateful to Lady Gaga, she’s the best!

Do you know whose idea it was to use your song? A music supervisor or someone else?
She told me that they had had another song in that scene up until a few days before the premiere and she wanted our song instead, so she had them change it.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2016/06/13/a-hit-tv-show-helped-resuscitate-the-synth-rock-act-she-wants-revenge

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

that scene slays. :hor: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

kabirartfling

I love tear you apart so much, its basically my go to Murder anthem :giveup:

I love how gaga is really exposing all these amazing artist who are unknown to us, & giving their music the spotlight while she is busy making her own :hug:

Give your love to me

gagajandro25

I'm so glad she exposed this amazing group and song on AHS. I was obsessed with the song for quite a while after the season premiere aired :gaycat: 

Lady Gaga is a legend and you will deal with it

Shipper

"Gaga is the best. "

No lies detected. Imma buy SWR album right now.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Gagadonna
32 minutes ago, warpedcurrents said:

I'm so glad she exposed this amazing group and song on AHS. I was obsessed with the song for quite a while after the season premiere aired :gaycat: 

AHS has such a brilliant soundtrack ! This + Hotel California + many others 

Killa

Visionary Queen. It truly went next level with that song, it was as right call as it gets. And people have doubts she might not slay next era.

Harry

I love how they got them to make an instrumental version then just used the original anyway :deadbanana:

Archived