Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

I think the end is nigh...

heavymetall0v3r

Featured Posts

Andreyw
1 hour ago, GreenEyes said:

I'm not the same person I was even a month ago and you dramatic fans expect her to be the absolute same person from years ago? 

Jesus Christ. 

This fanbase is deluded af :toofunny: I thought it was common sense that Gaga was more of a character / alter-ego for Stefani ... I mean, before becoming Gaga, she was just a shy girl who wanted to be a Popstar and she had to do some changes to herself , to create this persona in order for her to make it (well, probably forced by Interscope and Troy Carter too) and now that she got rid of all that and achieved her dream, I guess she's turning back to Stefani even in the public's eyes (hence why being more distant )

just my 2 cents opinion 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stewful2929
1 hour ago, ReidOne said:

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely support Lady Gaga in her journey of discovering herself as a human being. But part of that journey is coming face to face with the contradictions. It's uncomfortable. It's painful. But, it's real. 

But, it also doesn't invalidate all of the great work she did before. It's simply a part of growing up. Lord knows, I've been there, too. Granted, not on this scale. But I know the struggle. 

I like this, a lot. I like this because it's real, and it is words we all should possibly try. To confront that which we know we've been at some point. If we can meet our contradiction, than we can try to see what made us think such and such in the first place. 

ModernEcstasy

Yes she has changed a lot. 

Yes, she has gone against most of what she stood for during her Born This Way era. 

Yes her music is taking a long time.

But I will wait for the next era to begin and allow the music to speak for itself before I make a decision on whether or not I will burn my Stan card. 

It is frightening to think that I admired this woman so much and now I feel I need to make a decision on whether or not I want to support her. 

Not The Real Gaga

I think it shows actually the message she is spreading: even Gaga has her insecurities, her doubts, her emotions (while making decessions). She is not a Goddess, she is as down to Earth as we are: we are the same - we are all people. 

iMonster
1 hour ago, DeathofSamantha said:

I am with you on everything here except that was Monster not DITD! 

Gaga is an act, but it is real because she created her, as her own defence to be someone strong for herself. It then switched to being strong for us and fighting for us, but now she wants to do the things she wants to do. God forbid she has her own personal issues and life. Alot of "fans" have this issue of ownership of Gaga and tbh you don't own her and she can do what she likes its her life and her career.

Yes I'm sorry it was Monster. I'm such a flop Redone stan after that screw up. But my excuse is I'm tired and it's almost 4am here in NY. lol

2 hours ago, Helxig said:

Maybe I was just stupid to ever believe that that cloak was actually a real person in the first place :S

The fact that shes changed doesnt mean the old Gaga wasnt real, try to put yourself in her shoes, she was a girl with a dream but with a million insecurities, and she had to present herself in a certain way to make that dream come true, not for the dream itself, but for herself, Gaga was real, and i was who she was at the time, but now that the dream is no longer a dream, now that shes finally found true, honest love, now that her insecurities are a thing of the past, now that she has worked on everything she wanted to (acting, jazz, etc), she is iin a much better place now.

Also, her rise to ame was so big, so fast, so extreme, that she was overwhelmed by the responsiibility it ensued, imagine that one day, millions of people look up to you and basically base their lives around you, and depend on you, that almost every fan you meet tells you "you saved my life", its cool at first, but it is a huge resposibility that made her shift her focus from her ow career and dream to become almost like a therapist for people, its not easy.

That same fan obsession also left her tied up and made her obligated to base her career around her message of acceptance, when all that young girl wanted, was to make music.

Dont be sad my friend, actually, be happy and be excited, Gaga as we know her isnt gone, she i happy, she is strong now, and she is in control of her career now, look at this as a new beginning, just like The Fame and The Fame Monster, we'll get to see the original badass Gaga, she is free now, and that will reflect on her career,

She still loves her fans, but she realized that too much only hurts herself and her career, turning into a gay icon closed more doors both for her career, and for her support or the  LGBT and her acceptance message in general, she will be able to do much more if she balances things out, there will no longer be a Gaga=gay stereotype, just like today with the tweets mess, I know that the attack was based on homophobia, but the core of the problem was, people, and that no matter the sexuality, noone should be submitted to such a situation, with so many stereotypes around her, the best thing she could do was to keep it about people.

The plastic surgery thing, ok she said she was aginst it once, but tbh it didnt make sense, its like getting tattoos or going to the gym, if you want to change something of yourelf, AS LONG AS YOU DO IT FOR YOURSELF, then why shouldnt you? she didnt change who she was, but i it made her feel better when looking in a mirror, why is that against Born This Way?

Just try to put yourself in her shoes, and youll realize that a happy Stefani is way more powerful than an oppressed and depresed Gaga.

youandi

Is kinda scaring me how everyone is freaking out, especially how most of you are doing because 'the album is taking too long' and because of things she's said like 'Gaga who people see, isn't the Gaga I am' or whatever. Isn't she just adding more ambiguity to the character like she used to have, something people have said they miss about her. I think if she truly hated having an alter ego, she wouldn't have gone through four fairly successful eras of it. Gaga might be an act, she definitely seemed more of a character during The Fame but the Gaga we knew evolved from that, she's still a person, just with exaggerated qualities when it comes to performances and she's still evolving. 

I think @Didymus 's, very well written, thread on the little mermaid theory has scared a lot of you into thinking she doesn't like her fans at all anymore because of the pressure we put on her. But I'm pretty sure she's always spoken about the pressures of the music industry and now she's older, experienced in the industry being very successful and having an era where much of your audience and the public don't care, she's going to be different and probably more wise this time. And if anything, it seems that with Bobby, she's got more freedom than ever, meaning a lot of the pressure has gone and I reckon that's something she has to get used to, but hopefully it'll have a positive effect on her life, on her music and hopefully on her audience soon. 

Lord Temptation

Gaga represents all of us.

She is a byproduct of our society.

She will always be there, but we need to allow her to express herself. 

Even when we don't understand what she's trying to say.

Roomingfree77
3 hours ago, heavymetall0v3r said:

Day in, day out.

Day in, day out.

"Gaga is lazy" "Gaga is ungrateful" "Gaga is fake" "Gaga has changed" "Gaga is a liar" "Wheres LG5?" "I want old Gaga back" "Gaga has rejected us/the gays"

This is all I have been seeing on this site. Something has to change. FIRSTLY, I WANT TO SAY MY OPINION.

I am not going to say that I don't agree with some (most of the things) that people are mad about concerning Gaga.

IN MY OPINION:

YES, she should have stepped on this album. It's taking too long and I know a lot of you are teetering on giving up on Gaga.

NO, she isn't ungrateful - she is just not as integrated with her fans these days because the whol ARTPOP fiasco has probably made her doubt in a lot of us.

YES, I think she is kinda fake. I think that for someone to be like "I don't have plastic surgery, it promotes insecurity" - to turn around with fillers in her lips, undereyes, botox in her forehead, nosejob ,sculpted cheekbones/implants, chin fillers/implants - It's like. Really? Born This Way? It's sad

YES I think shes changed but IM SORRY GUYS it was too drastic! I can't really tell if she's fake now, or was leading up till now - and that scares me. "No sweatpants and sneakers" - cool, opinions change, but NOW shes suggesting in interviews Gaga is a childhood toy shes ready to discard. Yeah she's older, but I always thought she'd keep her mojo. Idk.

YES - Gaga has been inconsitent over the years and made promises but im not going to hold THAT against her because shes human. One thing I despise is how she was ready to put out the video for DWUW which basically promotes sexual assualt on someone unconcious, then make a song like Til It Happens to you. Also, I dont know her obviously, but I cant BELIEVE she'd work with rapists like R Kelly and (I think) Terry Richardson given that she knew they had put people through what she had been through.

OKAY - STOP ABOUT LG5. It's going to get released, it's probably going to flop *dont bookmark me, probs one No#1 - (sorry Stefani, its been a downhill for about 4 years now.) Wingeing about it is clogging this site and SHE KNOWS WE WANT IT, and I suppose she's slowly getting it done. She's clearly doing this one for her and not us where the other albums have been all about us so chill xxx

Yeah - I want old Gaga too, this one doesnt inspire me. "OMG BUT PEOPLE GROW UP AND CHANGE"......... Okay, and I want old gaga back. She probably was sick of getting judged at shows for her clothes and performances - it gets to the best of us

NO - Gaga will never reject the gays, she's just not focusing on them because the approriation was boring and she recieved a lot of flack.

NOW THANKS FOR LISTENING, ALMOST DONE:

To return to my point, I think the end is nigh for this fanbase if we are going to continue squabbling about Gaga with eachother and bitching about her on almost every thread.

I'm just going to ask that people stop posting about three things:

1 - LG5. Leave it alone, leaks will probably happen but aside from that, there is no point in this "What will LG5 look/sound/smell/taste/feel like" just dont post plz.

2. Gaga being new or anti-Gay or wrongly Pro-Hillary or hypocritical or lazy etc. Just don't. It's never a new take on anything at all, its just the same crap. so plz just keep the much publicised opinion in their already massive amounts of threads.

3. Please stop talking about Dinner feat. Adele, its just not going to happen:neyde: Bookmark me

Thanks for your time <3

correct_lady_gaga_quote-49102.jpg?i

And if they need any of that old Gaga they keep it in a can along with a few props in a warehouse in case she needs to go there, in the mean time this ship is headed to the ocean into higher seas.."Matey" lol

HighlandHeart
3 hours ago, Helxig said:

Every time she reinforces the idea that Gaga was just a character she played I cry inside.

It just hurts. It makes me so sad. It's like the person I loved was never actually real.

I thought she was being the realest person alive, talking about how she's born this way, and how this is who she really, really is,  only to admit years later that it really wasn't.

Sigh. My heart hurts. My head hurts. I just feel sad :( 

She "admitted" no such thing. 

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

HighlandHeart
1 hour ago, youandi said:

Is kinda scaring me how everyone is freaking out, especially how most of you are doing because 'the album is taking too long' and because of things she's said like 'Gaga who people see, isn't the Gaga I am' or whatever. Isn't she just adding more ambiguity to the character like she used to have, something people have said they miss about her. I think if she truly hated having an alter ego, she wouldn't have gone through four fairly successful eras of it. Gaga might be an act, she definitely seemed more of a character during The Fame but the Gaga we knew evolved from that, she's still a person, just with exaggerated qualities when it comes to performances and she's still evolving. 

I think @Didymus 's, very well written, thread on the little mermaid theory has scared a lot of you into thinking she doesn't like her fans at all anymore because of the pressure we put on her. But I'm pretty sure she's always spoken about the pressures of the music industry and now she's older, experienced in the industry being very successful and having an era where much of your audience and the public don't care, she's going to be different and probably more wise this time. And if anything, it seems that with Bobby, she's got more freedom than ever, meaning a lot of the pressure has gone and I reckon that's something she has to get used to, but hopefully it'll have a positive effect on her life, on her music and hopefully on her audience soon. 

Bravoooooo 

If you don't have shadows you're not standing in the light.

giskardsb

which part of "I'm not real, I'm theatre" did people miss?

and she has spoken for literally years that she made a "stronger and more fearless" version of herself.  That doesn't invalidate anything she's done, or imply that everything was a lie; and all of us put up fronts like that at times.   She just made a performance art project out of it.

crisTEAne
7 hours ago, Andreyw said:

just my 2 cents opinion 

keep it. *flips hair and licks lollipop*

hoZnxW9.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived