💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga just messed up?

ModernEcstasy

Featured Posts

LebaneseDude
Just now, brendablethyn said:

I posted my question about why she hadn't commented before she had made the Hillary tweet.

Well I wasn't referring to you specifically.

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LebaneseDude
1 minute ago, Chelsea Symona said:

No. I really don't care about Hillary in this scenario. She is welcome to support who she wants. I found her tweet insensitive but also shocking because she wouldn't have made that type of mistake years ago. And I agree with gun control 100%. Shows how much you know about me but stay pressed? I have been complaining about Gaga's determination to distance herself from the community for a year; well before I even joined this forum, her refusing to acknowledge the homophobia that caused this man to do what he did is what bothers me most.

I was being cynical. :toofunny: Don't take my words literally.

I too agree it was insensitive. She messed up and it happens, even if it happened before.

Why are you bringing homophobia into this? The clear issue isn't just homophobia as homophobia does not kill. Guns do. 

Didymus
Just now, LebaneseDude said:

:rip: 

Not this again :air: lol 

No need for this to turn south. But you brought it up, so :emma:

Just saying, I agree that the fact that it's about Hillary is important. But I wouldn't say necessarily because people here hate Hillary. I think it has to do with how Gaga's showing her support for her, which is a big difference.

I don't think it's fair to paint the whole thing as if it's revolving around that though. Most people are clearly upset that she's ignoring the LGBT+ element in the story (which can tie into Hillary I guess but I don't see anyone posting about that).

LebaneseDude
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

No need for this to turn south. But you brought it up, so :emma:

Just saying, I agree that the fact that it's about Hillary is important. But I wouldn't say necessarily because people here hate Hillary. I think it has to do with how Gaga's showing her support for her, which is a big difference.

O right right. That's what I was referring to. Gaga's support of Hillary.

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't think it's fair to paint the whole thing as if it's revolving around that though. Most people are clearly upset that she's ignoring the LGBT+ element in the story (which can tie into Hillary I guess but I don't see anyone posting about that).

Well as I told Chelsea Symone above, it depends on how you view the world.

In my viewpoint, homophobia doesn't kill. Guns do. Pointing that out is not inaccurate.

What I disliked was her dropping the #VoteHillary hashtag, but it was probably a spur in the moment thing, much like many of us do on the daily here. :rip: 

Chelseaaaaaa

I was being cynical. :toofunny: Don't take my words literally.

I too agree it was insensitive. She messed up and it happens, even if it happened before.

Why are you bringing homophobia into this? The clear issue isn't just homophobia as homophobia does not kill. Guns do. 

Guns paired with homophobia kills. He didn't go to a safe space for LGB+ people simply because he had nothing better to do. His own father confirmed that he was disgusted by the sight of two men kissing a few months and never got over it. Sure, I agree the gun made this all possible but it wouldn't have happened without his bigotry.

FATCAT
5 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

The tweet was about Hillary's relevant agenda for gun control. Don't claim otherwise.

I'm looking through the thread and the same Sanderistas are denouncing this disproportionately. There's a trend whether you care to admit it or not.

Either way stop it. This was a mistake on Gaga's part because it was tacky. Stop making it bigger than it is.

You're the only one making this a Hillary issue. It doesn't matter who Gaga tries to support, replace any politician and any issue in her tweet and it's still a terribly insensitive thing to do.

Purr more, hiss less.

mister max
15 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

An apology would be nice...

for what? A tweet that was almost immediatly deleted? So that the media can also drag her like you all did? Its not because you dont agree with her ( wich I dont understand because she literraly just said she wants stricter gun control laws (delete these laws please, america)) that you have to drag her down and say you will unstan, she lost her mind, she doesnt think of the LGBT+ community anymore,... 

Please, monsters, get your mind togheter, this is not the time to talk about how Gaga tweeted smth, We should think of all the families rn that are hurt, and send them love :heart:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

LebaneseDude
Just now, Chelsea Symona said:

Guns paired with homophobia kills. He didn't go to a safe space for LGB+ people simply because he had nothing better to do. His own father confirmed that he was disgusted by the sight of two men kissing a few months and never got over it. Sure, I agree the gun made this all possible but it wouldn't have happened without his bigotry.

Well one can say he was empowered by ISIS as well. Without their influence, he probably would have never gone so far as to become a zealot.

There are several reasons for this tragedy. Implying it was only homophobia is not doing justice to the story.

Note that I'm still not disagreeing with the fact that this was an attack on LGBT people and that should be on everyone's mind.

Berating Gaga for highlighting the gun issue is misplaced. It's unfortunate that she did that ****up, but it wasn't a ****up because of what she said but when she said it.

LebaneseDude
3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

You're the only one making this a Hillary issue. It doesn't matter who Gaga tries to support, replace any politician and any issue in her tweet and it's still a terribly insensitive thing to do.

Animus doesn't work that way.

You think the reaction would be the same, but history has proven it is not the case.

Chelseaaaaaa

Well one can say he was empowered by ISIS as well. Without their influence, he probably would have never gone so far as to become a zealot.

There are several reasons for this tragedy. Implying it was only homophobia is not doing justice to the story.

Note that I'm still not disagreeing with the fact that this was an attack on LGBT people and that should be on everyone's mind.

Berating Gaga for highlighting the gun issue is misplaced. It's unfortunate that she did that ****up, but it wasn't a ****up because of what she said but when she said it.

I really don't even mind if she highlights the gun issue because it's important but it shouldn't have been her first tweet AND she should talk about the LGB+ lives lost before. This happened at a gay club; not a school. There's no reason to sugarcoat it on her behalf (when she wouldn't have in the past) and pay us dust. Again, his family has confirmed he was super homophobic well before he found ISIS or any other religion. I think dedication to ISIS probably inspired him to do something like this but it doesn't change the guy's rhetoric.

FATCAT
1 minute ago, mister max said:

for what? A tweet that was almost immediatly deleted? So that the media can also drag her like you all did? Its not because you dont agree with her ( wich I dont understand because she literraly just said she wants stricter gun control laws (delete these laws please, america)) that you have to drag her down and say you will unstan, she lost her mind, she doesnt think of the LGBT+ community anymore,... 

Please, monsters, get your mind togheter, this is not the time to talk about how Gaga tweeted smth, We should think of all the families rn that are hurt, and send them love :heart:

I've never said I wouldn't unstan.

I've never said she or monsters have abandoned her.

I never said she doesn't think about the LGBTQ+ community anymore.

There's a reason her own fan base is upset by the tweet, and it's not some lapse in mental function.

Purr more, hiss less.

LebaneseDude
1 minute ago, Chelsea Symona said:

I really don't even mind if she highlights the gun issue because it's important but it shouldn't have been her first tweet AND she should talk about the LGB+ lives lost before. This happened at a gay club; not a school. There's no reason to sugarcoat it on her behalf (when she wouldn't have in the past) and pay us dust. Again, his family has confirmed he was super homophobic well before he found ISIS or any other religion. I think dedication to ISIS probably inspired him to do something like this but it doesn't change the guy's rhetoric.

Well I'm in full agreement. :tea:

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Animus doesn't work that way.

You think the reaction would be the same, but history has proven it is not the case.

I'd still be upset to the same degree if she tried to use this tragedy to support Sanders. Maybe others morals change between candidates and tragedies, but mine do not.

Purr more, hiss less.

Warholiness

My goodness, you guys want her to read your minds and tweet exactly how you're all feeling. How much emotion can a tweet really convey? People are talking about gun laws on twitter so that's what she thought to post. She made a mistake and fixed it. It doesn't mean that she doesn't care about what happened and it most certainly doesn't mean that she doesn't care about the LGBTQ community just because she didn't say "gay" or "homophobia".  Quit making Gaga your personal messiah. :saladga:

Archived