Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga b-sides... one of the things we love most

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

I have this theory that, among gay icon pop stars, one of the things that makes us love them the most is the volume and quality of their "unreleased" or b-side songs. Think about it...

Madonna

Kylie Minogue

Tori Amos

Bjork

4 of the biggest gay icons that immediately preceded Gaga. And what do they have in common? TONS of b-sides and unreleased material that makes their fans squeal. I think Gaga is an ace at playing the same game and keeping her fans enthralled by ensuring they have plenty of songs beyond what simply makes the cut for an album to keep them engaged.

Case in point... "Brooklyn Nights" is probably among my top 10 favorite Gaga songs of all time. 

Helxig

I love studio acapellas and instrumentals :wub:

And B-sides are always a special little treat just for the real fans! I love Brooklyn Nights. 

I think we all want ARTPOP offcuts... :excited2:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

15jocart

So you know how Prince had a vault of unreleased songs, albums, music videos, etc.? Do you think that Gaga has something similar?

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

ReidOne
Just now, 15jocart said:

So you know how Prince had a vault of unreleased songs, albums, music videos, etc.? Do you think that Gaga has something similar?

Great question. And I do, actually! I think that most artists who are actual songwriters do. And Gaga is absolutely one of them. I doubt they are all polished to radio-ready perfection, but I would absolutely assume she is sitting on a vault of pop melodies that we've never heard before. 

15jocart
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

Great question. And I do, actually! I think that most artists who are actual songwriters do. And Gaga is absolutely one of them. I doubt they are all polished to radio-ready perfection, but I would absolutely assume she is sitting on a vault of pop melodies that we've never heard before. 

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

aquariumlust
22 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I have this theory that, among gay icon pop stars, one of the things that makes us love them the most is the volume and quality of their "unreleased" or b-side songs. Think about it...

Madonna

Kylie Minogue

Tori Amos

Bjork

4 of the biggest gay icons that immediately preceded Gaga. And what do they have in common? TONS of b-sides and unreleased material that makes their fans squeal. I think Gaga is an ace at playing the same game and keeping her fans enthralled by ensuring they have plenty of songs beyond what simply makes the cut for an album to keep them engaged.

Agreed. Some of Tori's best songs are b-sides!

llbcherry
9 minutes ago, aquariumlust said:

Agreed. Some of Tori's best songs are b-sides!

Huge Tori fan here. I lived for her b-sides. I love how she would release singles with b-sides... although it left you with A LOT of cd's to collect. (Back when CDs were a thing!) Collect them, I did!

Gaga should have a lot more b-sides, imo.

London GUY
23 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

oMG tHEy STole huNG Up bY Medoner

REPLAY

kabirartfling

I guess i am the only monster who dislikes 'autotune nights' ?:gaycat:

Really Love filthy pop & glitter & grease tho:woohoo:

Give your love to me

this will always be my fave

CU0zNVTUEAEDxpe.jpg

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

kabirartfling
50 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

ARTPOP act 2 and dwuw say Hello!

Give your love to me

aquariumlust
35 minutes ago, llbcherry said:

Huge Tori fan here. I lived for her b-sides. I love how she would release singles with b-sides... although it left you with A LOT of cd's to collect. (Back when CDs were a thing!) Collect them, I did!

Gaga should have a lot more b-sides, imo.

Trying to collect them on vinyl now but that's almost impossible. Especially from the Scarlet era which is my fave. :(

Really ? Brooklyn night is worst, i hate that song, but sure, many of her unr songs are very good, Animals, Rockshow, Red and Blue, Fashion

narcoswing
42 minutes ago, gagata said:

Really ? Brooklyn night is worst, i hate that song, but sure, many of her unr songs are very good, Animals, Rockshow, Red and Blue, Fashion

Fashion isn't a b-side though

Archived