question

What is the "ultimate" Gaga song?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

Ok, so far the overwhelming response is for "Bad Romance" and I cannot disagree. It is the ultimate Gaga song among us today. 

However... the question is... will it be in 30 years? Or will the "Ga ga ooo la la" chants sound completely ridiculous? 

But one thing is for sure.... the "wooooaahhh oooooohh oohhhhhhhhhh ooohhhhh" melody will never, ever get old. That is the secret sauce.  

Sakrai
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Ok, so far the overwhelming response is for "Bad Romance" and I cannot disagree. It is the ultimate Gaga song among us today. 

However... the question is... will it be in 30 years? Or will the "Ga ga ooo la la" chants sound completely ridiculous? 

But one thing is for sure.... the "wooooaahhh oooooohh oohhhhhhhhhh ooohhhhh" melody will never, ever get old. That is the secret sauce.  

It's always been ridiculous. It's the kind of thing only a megastar would sing. And Lady Gaga as a character is the quintessential Megastar. That's the whole character. Bad Romance is a song that could only be created by a pop superstar. Weird self referencing chants, using different languages, explosive chorus. 

Bad Romance is the ultimate Gaga song. :staymad:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

ReidOne
Just now, Resquid said:

It's always been ridiculous. It's the kind of thing only a megastar would sing. And Lady Gaga as a character is the quintessential Megastar. That's the whole character. Bad Romance is a song that could only be created by a pop superstar. Weird self referencing chants, using different languages, explosive chorus. 

Bad Romance is the ultimate Gaga song. :staymad:

Best post so far in this thread. Spot on. Thank you!!! 

Poker Face, even my teacher loves it

ReidOne
Just now, Resquid said:

It's always been ridiculous. It's the kind of thing only a megastar would sing. And Lady Gaga as a character is the quintessential Megastar. That's the whole character.

There is so much truth in this. Giving me life right here. :diane:

Helxig

I was thinking Born This Way too! And for the same reasons. It's everything Gaga in one package. The song immediately tells you who she is as a person, what she stands for, what her music is like, and that she's a pop queen. It's intricate and interesting but still weird and different. It's dance, it's pop, it's about life love and freedom. It encapsulate DanceGa, PopGa, DarkGa.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ReidOne
Just now, Helxig said:

I was thinking Born This Way too! And for the same reasons. It's everything Gaga in one package. The song immediately tells you who she is as a person, what she stands for, what her music is like, and that she's a pop queen. It's intricate and interesting but still weird and different. It's dance, it's pop, it's about life love and freedom. 

Precisely. There's a REASON she stanned so hard for it on Twitter before it was even released. She knew it was her anthem (and our anthem). 

When we ask, "why isn't Gaga hyping LG5 like she did before Born This Way?!" the answer is simple. It's because something like "Born This Way" only comes along once in a lifetime. 

Fernster7

Bloody Mary, that song just screams Gaga to me.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

ReidOne
4 minutes ago, Boris2 said:

ARTPOP or Marry the Night 

I'm here for either. Yes. 

LilVenusian

Paparazzi. The song, the lyrics, the theme, the music video, the VMA performance, just everything...Its the ultimate Lady GaGa song to me and I think its when people really started taking her seriously as an artist. Even without the visuals it is just a brilliantly written, simple, timeless pop song that I think wont sound as dated as something like Bad Romance/Poker Face which is already starting to feel very late 2000's.

Archived