Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

What is the point of another cover album?

KyliesChild

Featured Posts

KyliesChild

I love jazz, however I don't want to hear the same old songs. I get it, it makes her happy, however wouldn't it make both of them happier to express new ideas in an original body of work? Hello, Tony is old, almost 90! He has learned so much throughout the years, I bet he has so much to say, he can write a book (which he did, coming soon!) and an album! Gaga can give the album a more modern and interesting tone, and I don't see the point at all in recording covers. Jazz is a complicated genre, if she shows she is capable of writing a beautiful body of work,  blending in her voice with Tony's (which she hasn't in Cheek to Cheek) whilst showing beautiful, consistent vocals in all her records and having amazing production, she and Tony would have a better album and more respect as an artist then a cover ever would.

Also if the blonde lady telling us to buy 20 copies isn't in involved, I'll be mad. 

andy232000

New jazz songs = new writing process

new writing process = LG5 delay

LG5 delay = HELL NO

KyliesChild
3 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Nee jazz songs = new writing process

new= writing process = LG5 delay

LG5 delay = HELL NO

New original songs + new original  songs

venusfly

Gaga has said that she is not experienced or comfortable enough yet to write a jazz album, also I'd rather she spent her time writing LG5, the jazz album will not be appreciated that much by her fanbase for her to spend a lot of time writing it.

Seeka

Maybe because Tony is an ancient Cthulian creature who is finally getting his time to die, and you mofos JUST WON'T LET HIM?

I mean, it would take at least a few months, if not a year or more to go around finding producing, writing new jazz songs and all of that.

Let Tony be Lazy. he has deserved it. He is 90. Tell me when your 90 if you want to release an album of jazz originals. If you are not dead.

let them do as they please. They know what they're doing, and Gaga does not give two sh!ts anymore.

PunkTheFunk

Artists pre-1960s did this all the time. They pumped out jazz cover albums like no tomorrow and the GP ate it up.

In fact, Tony has been doing this his whole career -- the good sis has 57 studio albums to his name :madge:

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that there is nothing shameful about doing jazz covers instead of writing your own material. People have built entire careers out of singing jazz covers.

andy232000
56 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

New original songs + new original  songs

Yes in 2023

Gracious Gaga
1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

I love jazz, however I don't want to hear the same old songs. I get it, it makes her happy, however wouldn't it make both of them happier to express new ideas in an original body of work? Hello, Tony is old, almost 90! He has learned so much throughout the years, I bet he has so much to say, he can write a book (which he did, coming soon!) and an album! Gaga can give the album a more modern and interesting tone, and I don't see the point at all in recording covers. Jazz is a complicated genre, if she shows she is capable of writing a beautiful body of work,  blending in her voice with Tony's (which she hasn't in Cheek to Cheek) whilst showing beautiful, consistent vocals in all her records and having amazing production, she and Tony would have a better album and more respect as an artist then a cover ever would.

Also if the blonde lady telling us to buy 20 copies isn't in involved, I'll be mad. 

♥ Kindness Police.

DrewSens

I love Jazz but I agree with you... I don't want her to record just covers. I want her to write new Jaz music and prove she can do so.

RAMROD

The duet album is more of Tony's prohect rather than Gaga.

He was the one asking Gaga to do it with him. And he wanted to do American Classic songbook so that he can show people that Gaga is much better than Pop. Which Gaga pleased to do. 

Aside from how sing it, I don't think she have that much contribution to the album. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived