💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

General: ARTPOP stans lounge | DWUW & R.Kelly drama on talk

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Rename it to "Rocket#9". I bet those little flops won't even get the reference from how much they hate ARTPOP

let's blast off and leave them behind

:koons:

Just now, Magneto said:

You should. Let's enjoy the stanning and party!

3o6Mb3SqB8DHUx0vpC.gif

EDIT: @A Gaga Lad SO HERE FOR ROCKET #9:excited2: @frankgutz

oh, i rename it with all the ideas, añsldhfañsbvñasj :stalkga:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

now i gotta go to sleep, see ya tomorro yall :sis:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Magneto
Just now, frankgutz said:

now i gotta go to sleep, see ya tomorro yall :sis:

Sweet (sexxx)dreams:derpga:

Free my mind

KyliesChild

I love the amazing imagery is it gave us: the Elle shoot, Porter Magazine, the Venus single covers (which are really genius if you think about it) and the fan art was literally the best out of all of the eras.

eifulien
48 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

When you think about it, ARTPOP is arguable Gaga's most honest and vulnerable era.

You know what they say how tragedy brings out the real you? She was so broken down and stripped of what she used to have. She was attacked and yes, it may be knee jerk reactions but what we saw was what she really felt--what she went through as an artist, as a person. In a way, we did see the girl behind the aura after all the glitz and glamour and bandwagoning fell apart. And she stood by it still. Maybe not with MVs but with the tour. She held on. She could have dropped interest sooner but she didn't.

It didn't work as it was supposed to be but effectively the end result still gave us a very emotional and real Gaga that would be inspired to look at her jazz roots. The Gaga that would be inspired to do TIHTY.

Yeah, I agree with you, and it was my biggest fear for her future. I mean ARTPOP is her most personal work to date, it just has that honesty with a twist, by doing the opposite - acting reckless and immature on the album. But that's just the out-most layer, and if you care to dig deeper, you find the inner layers of it, to discover the damaged woman in great pain and suffer she was. And what worried me is that well it was the time when she exposed herself, her vulnerability, and she was attacked the most exactly then, even by fans. It directly relates to her WOTY Billboard interview, when she said people wanted to see the perfection, the beauty, and on BTW and ARTPOP she let her weaknesses come through in the music. So what would you do if you were in her shoes? Cause I'd hide, I'd be scared and in even greater pain. And she was, but she stood up for herself, for her music and she ultimately survived the sh*t storm of backlash. But then what - I ask myself. I definitely don't want her to go back to perfection. If ARTPOP's storyline is to be of any indication - she chose ART before POP. She chose fans, love, talent, creativity before the industry, the money making machine, the never ending competition. So exactly because ARTPOP is this reckless beautiful mess, I expect her to go in the opposite direction - something lasting, something timeless, that's not concerned with the commercial aspect of things. I wish it is just an art piece, not a "product". ARTPOP was exactly the rebellion against the industry, the manufactured product that pop music is. So tbh, judging solely by RedOne's words, I'm glad she has put their collab on hold and is exploring a new field for her, a new statement with Ronson. She can't back up herself from 2014 onwards with another fame-esque album, this theme has been beaten to death by her. Maybe at first she did want to go back to the perfection, she said she was working on her old self like a cadaver. Now that could mean lots of things, cause we don't know the context, so I refuse to think more on this, otherwise another pre-ARTPOP mess will be made. But I'm inclined to believe that maybe this collab, these 8 songs, didn't make her content enough, so she continued working with Ronson instead.

So in a nutshell, even though I was afraid she is going to shelf herself after she demonstrated her vulnerabilities and she was stabbed by virtually everyone, I think she got over it, and is ready to continue this path, aiming for something real to her. She may have aimed at going back for a while, but by Ronson's words, it seems like she is back on that track, and as of now, I'm happy and excited for her new direction. I have patience and I hope she will take the time to figure it out and release it when she feels happy and ready to present it to us. :flutter: 

Didymus

I didn't like everything but there were plenty of amazing moments that can never be forgotten. My rundown of what I loved about the era:

rs_600x600-131031161721-600.gaga-dope-al

It was my dream for Rick Rubin to produce a Gaga song and it came true, and it must have been a dream come true for Gaga as well, since he worked with artists we know sh eloves, notably metal band Slayer.

The song is spectacular and it still pains me to see it's not a fan favorite, but that doesn't make me love it less, only more, since Gaga took a definite risk putting it on her album, being able to predict the criticisms she'd get from her fanbase. Props to you, bitch.

445630283_1280x720.jpg

Another obsession of mine, Marina Abramović, appeared, which was just an absolute delight for me. I'm incredibly jealous got so close to her and did Abramović Method exercises. I hope we'll hear more from her in the future, I feel like she had a great, even if very temporary it seems, influence on Gaga.

11378003616_d1ce1373c8_k.jpg

The collaboration between Gaga and Robert Wilson for the Louvre has to be my favorite project Gaga has ever taken on. A very bold statement and one that was very "Gaga". Can't put my adoration for this into words, so I'll just leave it at that.

I was also extremely happy she collaborated him for live performances, as he did the stage design for Applause at the VMA's of course. Too bad the original performance was canned by MTV, but I still loved that Gaga chose to work with this genius man.

post26.jpg

The performance of Venus at G-A-Y in London was just incredible to me. Her charisma and wit was on fire, and we got another taste of that early FameGa glory: a very simple performance that still captivates you to the point of not being able to look away for a second. And the naked finish was brilliant. Loved seeing this performance for many reasons, and I'll always remember it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I for one loved this interview for BBC, though I'm pretty sure that opinion isn't a majority one, most fans seeming to make fun of it (which I understand). I thought it was interesting, witty, and again captivating in a way she hadn't been for me since 2009. Plus, some of her statements really made me look at her in a different light, and I found many of them striking and very daring, such as that she hasn't found her own artistic voice yet and considers herself to be a "student" of art.

tumblr_mvwddjLZkA1qg764po7_r1_1280.jpg

While I remain relatively unimpressed by the music on ARTPOP (excl. Dope), I fell in love with the lyrical story of it, or at least the story I see in it. I relate to it personally in a profound way and for me I can use the album as a meditative device to really figure some stuff out about myself and my life and how I wish to live it. I do believe it is her best lyrical work in terms of theme and concept, vastly superior to her previous albums.

Unforgettable looks that are among my all-time Gaga favorites.

401480-lady-gaga-weird-2.jpg

More in spoiler.

Spoiler

lady-gaga-promotes-artpop-2.jpg

article-0-19F5485C00000578-482_634x1064.

Lady-Gaga-London-Atelier-Versace.jpg

Lady-Gaga.jpg

wenn4082637.jpg

lady-gaga-fashion-week-2.jpg

lady-gaga-new-york-city-prabal-gurung-sp

Lady-Gaga-als-Boy-George-meets-Picasso.j

Lady+Gaga+wears+appear+giant+Mickey+Mous

lady-gaga-fashion-outfit-1.jpg

0dbe7b32bb_97700112_o2.jpg

Her visual collaborations with Steven Klein were simply off the hook this era. From the incredible Venus covers to her shoot for Candy Magazine, I was completely blown away by their collaborated vision this era.

Mythos

There are some goods songs on the album, but the wohle Era just felt awkward, she was in a weird place in her life at that moment and it was just no fun at all.

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

When you think about it, ARTPOP is arguable Gaga's most honest and vulnerable era.

You know what they say how tragedy brings out the real you? She was so broken down and stripped of what she used to have. She was attacked and yes, it may be knee jerk reactions but what we saw was what she really felt--what she went through as an artist, as a person. In a way, we did see the girl behind the aura after all the glitz and glamour and bandwagoning fell apart. And she stood by it still. Maybe not with MVs but with the tour. She held on. She could have dropped interest sooner but she didn't.

It didn't work as it was supposed to be but effectively the end result still gave us a very emotional and real Gaga that would be inspired to look at her jazz roots. The Gaga that would be inspired to do TIHTY.

... OK I appreciate what you're saying, and at least you have a positive perspective of the ARTPOP era, and yea she was going thru a lot and perhaps she's a better person today because of it, but as an era, it was sloppy, unfulfilling, and unprofessional. 

The looks were cheap, the music was weak, and the visuals were lackluster. 

And, I'm my opinion, the jazz era and tihty did nothing for me as a fan. So while gaga was moved to do them, me, as a Stan since 2008, found no interest in them, therefore, in my perspective, gaga has been absent for 3 years. 

DeanWinchester
12 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Time for another spectacular performance!

Love this. ARTPOP truly takes me to places I've never been before :nick:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

August Blue

Even tho with only 2 mv I think it was her most inspiring era 

Pharamon

omg that venus beat works so well with the Jewels N' Drugs chorus

Daenerys
5 hours ago, GAGAXABO said:

I love ARTPOP, although the concept and the delivery did not really match in the end, possibly because of some of the songs that made it onto the album. 

I felt literally slain by the ERA and concept. Pity everything got messed up....

It was the concept of the album itself that really had me stuck. I never looked at the era through a public/commercial view. I looked at it as we seen this album being made for years. We know she put hard work into it and there are songs on the album that prove just that. 

Like ü, I was completely floored by the era no matter how many people hated it. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

• CyanLights locked this topic
  • CyanLights unlocked this topic

Archived