Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the most famous artist?

Quark

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Jamie is that you sis? Did mother let you hear Lg5? 

Caught me red handed!

Yes I have heard the sound of pop death and soon you will too :hor:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane
On 8/6/2016 at 7:34 AM, Lord Temptation said:

No, Gaga is no longer popular.

She is back where she started. Where it all began. 

There was a time, though, when she was the most popular idol in the world. It was early 2009 till around mid 2011.

Sadly those days are over.

Now, she is only popular within the art crowd and the business community. Two seemingly opposite groups of people.

I don't think she was ever popular actually. By this time, everyone was talking about her but they were more talking about her clothes, the "scandals" and everything. Yes, she had hits like Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, that everyone knew but I really met more people who disliked her than people who liked or at least admired her. For most people, she was just another popstar who dressed weirdly and did auto-tuned songs and would be forgotten in the years to come.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Lord Temptation
7 hours ago, Oriane23 said:

I don't think she was ever popular actually. By this time, everyone was talking about her but they were more talking about her clothes, the "scandals" and everything. Yes, she had hits like Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, that everyone knew but I really met more people who disliked her than people who liked or at least admired her. For most people, she was just another popstar who dressed weirdly and did auto-tuned songs and would be forgotten in the years to come.

Someone who sells 27 million albums and 146 million singles worldwide in less than 8 years was never popular?

Hmmm....

Jenniferella

She no longer is. She was during a short period of time though.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

LebaneseDude

Why do some people here think that GP has the memory of a goldfish? :rip:

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Oriane
18 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Someone who sells 27 million albums and 146 million singles worldwide in less than 8 years was never popular?

Hmmm....

I don't know if these sells mean anything... I rarely met people who liked or respected her. Maybe some bought her albums because it was the trend and all... It's not like Michael Jackson for example, most people at least respect him and consider him like a great artist and one of the biggest pop artists of all time. Or to talk about current artists, Adele for example is much more respected than Gaga because we know her voice, her songs... And still she's less known than her. Gaga was not popular but she rather grabbed people's attention, and brought curiosity at the beginning, and that turned into dislike from most people.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

2ndTimeAround

I'd say shes pretty up there. Looool my colleague just the other day didnt know who Adele was! She's 28 and Hello was the number 1 single in New Zealand for like 8 weeks! My jaw hit the floor, but gaga has made such an artistry impact that everyone knows her. Meat dress anyone? Even if you didnt know lady gaga, you did after that lol

JusKeepBreathin

No, that is all. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Thomas P

She's up there but not THE most famous.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived