Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Why doesn't Meghan Trainor hire a decent stylist?

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

Haroon

I like the shoes :toofunny: I don't see an issue with the pictures really, like I agree that the skirt length is a bit awkward but it's not horrendous or anything to me :shrug: She looks good :gaycat: 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, Steve Nasty said:

I don't think she needs to dress sexy but these odd knee length dresses she's been wearing lately do nothing for her. It's very ugly actually, in my opinion. She looks great here for example. 

461938490-meghan-trainor-seen-at-capital

1416786673495_Image_galleryImage_LOS_ANG

I agree she looks cute here. This is from her previous era. I feel like she changed her stylist and its just not working. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bear

I think she looks fine, maybe she just isn't into fashion or particularly care about what her day clothes looks like. As for the shoes, maybe they're just comfy, I know most of us have a favourite pair of shoes that we wear all the time.

It's important to remember that Gaga is one of the exceptions, and not the standard, when it comes to daily fashion. Not many celebs dress up when they're not performing or at a red carpet.  

JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, Hooker said:

I think she looks fine, maybe she just isn't into fashion or particularly care about what her day clothes looks like. As for the shoes, maybe they're just comfy, I know most of us have a favourite pair of shoes that we wear all the time.

It's important to remember that Gaga is one of the exceptions, and not the standard, when it comes to daily fashion. Not many celebs dress up when they're not performing or at a red carpet.  

But she performing in three of the four pictures. :huh:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Bear
Just now, just4fun said:

But she performing in three of the four pictures. :huh:

Yea and the sequin dress is ok (maybe not my taste :green:) but I wouldn't say it is particularly awful, i.e it doesn't take anything away from her performance. I just think her taste in fashion is simple and she re-uses clothes like your average Joe does. 

AlexanderLevi2
5 hours ago, DevilHeart said:

The truth is : it does NOT mean anything. Most of the things discussed on here (and every other pop forum) is meaningless, useless. People take it too seriously and forget that pop music is just supposed to be fun. 

But yeah, it's sooooo easy to criticize somebody famous when you're an insecure little teenager.

My thing is that is criticizing these celebrities so easily and telling people to "not take it too seriously" teaches our society how to treat the people around us.

You can tell me I'm wrong or throw shade at me, but I think it's important to view everyone with respect. Whether they are pop girls or someone walking on the street.

Currently listening to Joanne

GawdGa
8 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

:awkney:

This made me cringe, literally. I get constructive criticism but this is just plain nasty.

real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-7-710-

AlexanderLevi2
1 minute ago, GawdGa said:

real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-7-710-

Isn't funny how when someone calls out someone for being harsh, they get made fun of right back? :excited2:

hmmmm....:awkney:

Currently listening to Joanne

Because she doesn't make the decisions on her team. This is the difference between someone who made it and someone is being made to make it.

RebeldeFaith
5 hours ago, just4fun said:

The irony of the gif with the comment you quoted is just wonderful. I don't know if you are being sarcastic or just don't realize how Wendy made 50% of her career. Either way I love the gif.

It was 50/50. :laughga:

Something something idk

Jenniferella
5 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

My thing is that is criticizing these celebrities so easily and telling people to "not take it too seriously" teaches our society how to treat the people around us.

You can tell me I'm wrong or throw shade at me, but I think it's important to view everyone with respect. Whether they are pop girls or someone walking on the street.

This is my thoughts as well, this is what I tried to explain in my post you just quoted. When I said "people take it too seriously" I meant something like "Just don't bother about her if you don't like the way she's dressed, the way she sings or whatever". People need to stop looking for people they don't like and move on.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

JusKeepBreathin
19 minutes ago, DevilHeart said:

This is my thoughts as well, this is what I tried to explain in my post you just quoted. When I said "people take it too seriously" I meant something like "Just don't bother about her if you don't like the way she's dressed, the way she sings or whatever". People need to stop looking for people they don't like and move on.

What makes you think I don't like her? It's an observation and she has been quoted as saying she didn't know anything about fashion until her label hired her a stylist. All I'm saying is hire a better stylist. 

bionic

Her outfits are an artistic choice adhering to  stylisic theme.

buy bionic

Whispering
14 hours ago, brendablethyn said:

This thread highlights the hypocrisy of a lot of Gaga fans. Dragging someone for their appearance when that's the opposite of what Gaga is about. 

While I agree that I don't really like threads like these, this thread doesn't really show hypocrisy. It points out that a large majority of people here at GGD are over the top critical of all female pop stars, including...and especially Gaga herself. It's standard practice here and they come at Gaga harder than anyone. 

Whispering
8 hours ago, just4fun said:

I agree she looks cute here. This is from her previous era. I feel like she changed her stylist and its just not working. 

I think she was smaller in size at this time and it might be more difficult to dress her in a certain way to come out looking like the pictures above. She appears to have put on some weight and her body has changed somewhat because of it. I still think she looks fine, but she may be adjusting to dressing for her body now...or this may be exactly how she wants to look. 

Archived