Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Queen of 21st century pop Britney vs Rihanna

SamJ

Featured Posts

SamJ

So I think we now have 2 distinct icons who represent 21st century pop Britney Spears and Rihanna. Britney has had hit after hit over the years.

She had constant hits from 1999-2004

then from 2007-2011 really with a couple more hits in 2013 with work bit** and in 2015 with pretty girls.

So she has managed to stay relevant for soooo long which is so hard to do in this century when there is way more competition, Britney is the queen of bouncing back and the queen of quickly spoken lyrics in her songs and lets face it she is the coolest dancer Imo.

Rihanna joined the scene in the mid 00s at a time when Britney was not present on the pop scene and since then she has pretty much had hit after hit for 11 years straight. She is the queen of cool her voice is amazing and she has a rock hard persona she is a bad girl unlike Britney they are so alike but one is bad while the other is good (except 2007).

Right now I feel Rihanna is bigger. I think riri is the biggest popstar on the planet right now in fact. But overall Britney is the most iconic pop star for the 21st century.

so who is the real queen Britney or Rihanna. So feel free to answer these questions:

who is the most iconic overall?

who is your favourite?

who is more influential in setting trends?

yASSsss

-Britney 

who is your favourite?

-Both :giveup: 

-Britney,duh 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

SamJ

I'd say Britney is overall more iconic but Rihanna is having so much success this year too!

Bambino

gN5ZnSw.gif

I think Rihanna has been bigger lately but overall Britney was always more influential and iconic.

SamJ
1 minute ago, Bambino said:

gN5ZnSw.gif

I think Rihanna has been bigger lately but overall Britney was always more influential and iconic.

I love this gif!

SamJ
Just now, FATCAT said:

Drake

I think he is the king but he can be queen if he wants!

The Child

Work Bitch and Pretty Girls weren't hits!

BritSpears-Laugh.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

SamJ
1 minute ago, ronnix said:

Gaga! /thread 

I want to say gaga but I feel like she hasn't done enough material yet to compare her to these two music legends.

Sizzily

Pretty Girls :toofunny::rip: :air::emma:

- Britney

who is your favourite?

- Britney but I enjoy Rihanna (not really Anti tho)

- I think Britney

One Banned Boi

Chuckles
3 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

BritSpears-Laugh.gif

Everybody knows work bith but I agrree with Pretty Girls. Ans yes Rihanna is the next princess.

SamJ
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Yes they were. Work bit** is an average hit for Britney and pretty girls was a small hit. I heard pretty girls out and about my friends like it and they aren't Britney fans they were hits though they got in the charts so they are hits.

The Child
1 minute ago, UK Monster said:

Yes they were. Work bit** is an average hit for Britney and pretty girls was a small hit. I heard pretty girls out and about my friends like it and they aren't Britney fans they were hits though they got in the charts so they are hits.

Not every song on the charts is a hit.

BritSpears-Laugh.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived