💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it time for male celebrities to start wearing dresses to events?

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

thierryrreiht

I kinda agree with OP

Like, I dream of seeing a man come on a red carpet with a bold (not flamboyant) outfit with 7" heels. 

I have an important event coming soon and I wish I had the guts and money to buy a special outfit (other than pants with shirt/blazer) and platform 10" heels (tho I've never worn any heels ever but I want to try hahahah.. and I'm already "tall" so it would look weird)

I envy women for having such diversity in clothing

I went with my friend at Zara to look for the said outfit, but it's only shirt, t-shirts and pants/shorts for men. Then we went in her section and I was just so jealous to see how diverse pieces of clothing could be. 

ugh

/rant

EDIT: I'm not saying to bring dresses and skirts in the men's section (though I would not be against it) I'm just saying that there should be as much diversity on both sides.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August Blue

Yeah what a nice thread :gaycat: 

yeah why not , but not girl dresses but some new design , like a bit long white shirts till above the knee with no pants just hot legs :gaycat: 

Ferrer Zorola

That's why Candy Ken slays.
Zayn at the Met Gala tho >>> 

LIFE IS GOOD

On 23 May 2016 at 6:06 PM, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm here for it :diane: Modern male fashion is boring as f*ck.

The 1970s were the golden age for male rockstar fashion imo.

Elton-John-in-1977-012.jpg

Elton-John.jpgstyle-icon-david-bowie-25.jpg

Things got boring after the backlash against disco in the early 80s (correct me if I'm wrong)

These outfits don't look good though

tumblr_mumrss16LD1s8loaoo2_400.gif

12 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

That's why Candy Ken slays.
Zayn at the Met Gala tho >>> 

His photos sure do slay

River

It's time for them to take off their clothes tbh

Man with clothes is boring.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Whispering

For the most part, guys just want to wear something comfortable and don't want to stand out. Most straight guys don't want to shop or wear anything different. They wear suits or ties only when they have to. Comfort is their number one priority. 

Killa

The thing isn't just male celebrities.

There has been new shilhouettes for men, though i guess we're back to the same place in fashion as we were 5 years ago. Last year,  on the streets, i'd see some shirts, shorts and such that were nothing more than disguised dresses and skirts. Oh and man wearing leggings as well. I think we were a tid bit close to get somewhere but it soon died out. Like everything this days.

I'd also blame on the fashion industry. If Conchita Wurst looks so hot in those gowns, i'm sure most men would too:gaycat:

jojuun
23 hours ago, Tom Hardy said:

No. Men are supposed to look masculine :saladga: I don't care if they look boring, at least they look good in suits. Men in dresses are weird.

Wow... How sad. And this from a user on a Lady Gaga fan forum... Sad :madge:

Warholian

Male everything is extremely boring in the world of pop. I'm not sure how a man could become an icon without being 'feminine'. You have to have something memorable about you. I don't think there's any male celebrities popular today that I'd consider an icon, just visually based. 

World, please bring the 80s back. 49c69229b7c7a09e18d7b9c3b161aab2.jpg

bg-06.jpg

mjlove1.jpg

Or even really, can we just bring back mid-2000s emo boy band style? 

0e98d973f68ea5a3e0c9002510398d93.jpg

Give me flavour, boys.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Harry

I don't really think it's necessary. I mean, I'd applaud any male celebrity for breaking that gender stereotype, but I don't think it should be expected of anyone. I do think that male artists today dress very boringly, and I'd welcome a wave that changes that, but I don't think sticking a ball gown on for the sake of it is really the answer.

There are only a few examples that I can think of (not red carpet looks, just in general):

Young Thug has been known to wear feminine clothing

YOUNG_THUG_SMALL_ybydcm.jpg

Kanye

kanye-west-skirt-12-12-12-concert-glamaz

A$AP Rocky

givenchy.jpg

I know they aren't actual dresses, but it's definitely interesting to think about

Iwontell

Male celebrities should wear thongs to events...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

En_Sabah_Nur

I 1000% agree with this post!  And while maybe not necessarily dresses, something Most DEFINITELY needs to change.  Like yesterday already.!!!!  :smh:

I have been complaining about this very same topic for decades now, and decided long ago I was gonna bend the rules & wear what the hell I want!  I.E. Platform shoes, high heeled boots, leggings, bell bottoms/flares, animal print, eyeliner, black nail polish, chokers, mo-hawk, make-up, colorful clothing, bedazzlement, big hats, etc.  Granted I have suffered MASSIVE push back & atrocious ridicule for it(I live in a small mid-western town), but despite all the Extreme HATE towards me for my fashion choices, I have NEVER regretted it!  ;)

Mad for men who look SEXY in dresses, or a kilt I should say...  

home-vin.jpg

tumblr_mzzdp189I01sj5ba6o1_1280.jpg

:giveup::giveup::giveup:

And as for Fashion Designer who DO create/design unique clothing for MEN...

John Galliano!

Love.JohnGallianoAW2011Menswear-5.jpg

John+Galliano+Runway+Paris+Fashion+Week+

GALLIANO_MCFS11_0839.jpg

649_320c.jpg?1346436933

John-Galliano-Spring-Summer-2013-Menswea

tumblr_nx3p5zjy7S1rw59xto1_500.jpg

So not ALL men JUST have to wear suits IMO!  

:poot:

Egypt. W

Ferrer Zorola
14 hours ago, Poot said:

His photos sure do slay

his big penis slays himself and his photos tho ^-^ 

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived