Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

BET disses Madonna’s Prince Tribute

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Spock

The delusions and things I'm reading in this thread :saladga: 

"Madonna isn't a legend" :saladga: 

that has to be the most ignorant comment I've ever read here, and there have been many

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO

It's nice that she paid tribute to her legendary friend, but c'mon. The performance was NOT that great. I'm sure they're not trying to turn this into a competition or a race issue, just simply pointing out the lackluster-ness of it all :emma:

Hexxx

BET NEEDS TO SIT THE **** DOWN. They nominate these mediocre ass rappers and singers with no creativity what's so ever. The BET Awards is JUST for Beyonce. BET is not black like it used to be where they had intelligent people running the network. BET u suck 

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Kayla
5 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

A legend was tributing another legend. Yes, you saw that, there aren't many legends alive that were close to Prince. Madonna even dated him, who the **** are they to diss this. 

I agree. I think it's horrible how rude people are regarding tributes. Of all the things to have stan wars over, honoring someone in their passing shouldn't be ****ing one of them. 

Like people saying Madonna fans deserve the backlash because of how they treated Gaga's Bowie tribute. Two memorable and talented artists DIED, and two living memorable and talented artists who felt very strongly about the deceased honored them with performances, and here we are pointing fingers at other fans? It's gross. 

5 hours ago, kabirartfling said:

Just because prince was black, the BET  gets to decide who does the tribute? thats hypocracy right there. Are people around the world seriously gonna fight over a white person giving a tribute to a black person? Why is the color of someones skin so valuable? I BET if it was beyonce performing the tribute it would have been a big thing. Smd hypocrates

No one said it was because he was black. :awkney:

It's more likely BET put up the shade because they thought the performance wasn't good, and tbh it wasn't. 

That being said, it was a **** move of them to do that. Like...you don't go to a funeral and diss on the types of flowers other people bring. You bring your own gifts, your own sympathies, and you honor the deceased in a way that shows you care more about their impact than who puts on the best show. 

2 hours ago, TheBatman said:

I think we all knew M would get backlash no matter what she did, as always. It's too bad some Prince fans are mad about it. M and Prince had a well documented decades long relationship as friends, collaborators, and sharing the space at the top where so few ever reach in terms of cultural impact and status. She cried through her performance and did a fantastic job. And anyone else who wants to tribute Prince, go for it. BET being shady with their commercial ready to go, getting promo off of exploiting fans' feelings and fanning the flame, whatever. But bring on more Prince tributes, keep em coming! Why not?

I don't think she did a fantastic job, but I agree in the thought that she was a reasonable choice for a tribute. Her and Prince had history, and as you said they shared space at the top.

3 hours ago, YourSweet666 said:

You care so much if he hurted Gaga's feelings, but she would be more mad about ignoramuses who don't acknowledge her heroes and give them credit. 

You mean like how some people here don't give Madonna the credit she deserves? :sis: 

-

OT: It's a bit childish of the BET awards to do this, regardless of how awful the billboard awards performance was.

PaperIz

I haven't watched the tribute but I don't understand why people have problems with tribute performances in the first place? They're meant to celebrate the life of an artist. Why would you bash that???

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Spock said:

The delusions and things I'm reading in this thread :saladga: 

"Madonna isn't a legend" :saladga: 

that has to be the most ignorant comment I've ever read here, and there have been many

Annihilate them Queen

lady-gaga-2015-grammys-1423446080-142345

Saying Madonna isn't a legend is like saying the earth is flat imo

Harry
4 hours ago, Boyboi12 said:

😑😑 how dare you come here without nonsense 😂😂😂

Sorry? I was talking about you...

skaxboy

How sad is it that to promote your own awards show, you have to diss another awards shows performance. Madonnas tribute was nice, it was very heartfelt.  

PartySick
4 hours ago, Wenli said:

A dude that wrote, composed, and produced 99 percent of his music and created his own sound (Minneapolis Sound) that even Janet Jackson used on her breakout album (Control) isn't a legend? :air:  

This^

Being a legend is all about impact. How you changed the world or shaped the music/entertainment industry. Prince was one of the defining figures in music and a lot of people draw inspiration directly from him so to say he's not a legend is just :laughga: I don't even like the guy's music but to pretend his influence isn't real is just delusional :air:

My favorite memory of Prince is that he was supposed to be on Bad with Michael but he said “Well, you know, that Wesley Snipes character? That would’ve been me. You run that video in your mind. The first line of that song is ‘your butt is mine’. Now I said, ‘Who’s gonna sing that to whom? ‘Cause you sure ain’t singing it to me. And I sure ain’t singing it to you…So right there, we got a problem.” :yay:

💚

AddMeOnMYSPACE

I don't think anyone can give a proper tribute to a music icon, there's always gonna be those bitter fans.  :confused:

Madonna's performance was "okay", I feel like she could of done better. Im just happy that she made it about prince and not herself, I'm looking forward to the bet awards because prince was one of my favorite musicians. He was so talented :worship2:

Pharamon
3 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

It's not only about her music. Britney is also legendary and she is just a recording artist and dancer while Madonna has been producing, writing etc her music since the 80s. I'm not a blind fan, it's not me that called her the queen of pop in the 90s when she only had a 10 years career, you don't even know how much she's worked, and I'm pretty sure you haven't heard all of her works, so your opinion is pointless when you don't know what you're talking about. She has golden globes, grammys, acted in many movies (some of them are a mess but ok!), she's done the best tours EVER and she's still the female solo artist with the higest grossing tour ever and even though she could retire and enjoy her billion with her family she's still going on tour and making music. She was able to be controversial and still be, she's smart as **** and she's had the power to keep her career through more than 30 years. If that's not legendary... 

sigh...I wish i could reply to this but i don't have time ... gonna do that another time...This is just such a mess what you wrote. Your definition of legendary is funny

Lucas

The disrespect to Madonna is disgusting, and it will be the same bullsh1t untill she sadly pass away... 

Archived