I love these theories, slay me :giveup:

Spoiler

my fans think everything is cryptic :toofunny:

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katharine Hepburn

I think she's just concentrating to create the best art she can in her next album / your because ARTPOP wasn't the best she could do (though amazing considering the circumstances)

xoxo Joanne

Speechless94
22 hours ago, Kayla said:

holdholdholdon. I'm remembering something. When we gave her the ARTPOP project she told us something like "my fans who understand ARTPOP are my real fans," or the fans who like ARTPOP understand her...****, I'm forgetting the exact phrasing. @Zilla, do you remember how she phrased that?

That makes even more sense now when you pair it up with what Didy is saying. D: 

I think this really has a lot to do with her current state of affairs with this fanbase actually. I had the amazing opportunity to meet her backstage after she read my letter to her that she picked up at the artRAVE and part of the conversation we had really centered on how happy she was that I "got it". And by "got it" I mean understanding the true meaning behind ARTPOP. Essentially my letter talked about how thankful I was for the album because it taught me that anyone is capable of realizing their dreams, and that you don't need anyone's permission to do so. Change in culture starts at the individual basis and spreads outwards. Once you recognize how much self worth you actually have (even if you're not signed to a record label or whatever we think a person needs to have in order to be considered a legitimate or worthy artist *queue her "All you need is a canvas and a paintbrush speech"*) you can change the world even if its just by inspiring one other person. Her idea for what she called a "creative rebellion" was her fans being able to hear this message in ARTPOP and live their lives by it. 

"If you have the slightest passion for something, you need to chase it like its the fastest horse you've ever seen". Those were her exact words. She ALSO said to me "I never understood why it (ARTPOP) went so far over some people's head" she said "Its actually really simple, just put art, for the sake of art and creativity, back in front of pop, in front of the machine" She told me how important it was that creativity was kept alive and cherished. One of the last things she said to me was "Art only exists if we pretend it does, so we have to keep pretending" 

I think after the mess that was ARTPOP, there was a very clear line drawn in the fanbase, one that she wanted (and quite frankly needed) to draw. After years of telling us how important it was to be ourselves, how important it is to not be afraid to be the freak that's inside of all of us because thats what makes each of us so special (and similar in many ways), and how important it is to love one another for our differences and to celebrate them, a lot of us seemed to have forgotten that once the ARTPOP era started. She now has two groups of fans: those that want her to stay in the box of dance pop and hold her to the standards of her career in 2010-12, and the one's that support her endlessly no matter her trajectory.

For the past 6 or so years, Gaga's relationship with her fans was built around the premiss that she supported US. She told us for sooo so long that there was nothing more important than being true to yourself, and when she finally creates a piece of work that is about HER struggle with HER identity as a human and an artist, half of us weren't there for her....we just complained about it not being Pop's next #1 hit. 

Gaga's love is most definitely there and unwavering for us...please believe that. But like after a boyfriend or girlfriend breaks your heart, it's going to take some time to get back in the dating game. She's clearly just being extremely cautions with how much she's going to open up to us and I think that's going to continue for a while until LG5 is ready for us and the world to hear. 

Alfonso

Excellent thread :applause: 

Your analysis is really deep and makes a lot of sense, not sure if that's Gaga's original message/idea or intention, but I think we'll never truly know. You also have some good points in there, it amazes me how sometimes she really hits her own predictions as she could've planned her career :duck:

Anyways, we need more interesting threads like this on GGD :poot:

I'm excited to see how the next era is going to turn out.. :giveup:

:firega:

Vodka
2 hours ago, Speechless94 said:

I think this really has a lot to do with her current state of affairs with this fanbase actually. I had the amazing opportunity to meet her backstage after she read my letter to her that she picked up at the artRAVE and part of the conversation we had really centered on how happy she was that I "got it". And by "got it" I mean understanding the true meaning behind ARTPOP. Essentially my letter talked about how thankful I was for the album because it taught me that anyone is capable of realizing their dreams, and that you don't need anyone's permission to do so. Change in culture starts at the individual basis and spreads outwards. Once you recognize how much self worth you actually have (even if you're not signed to a record label or whatever we think a person needs to have in order to be considered a legitimate or worthy artist *queue her "All you need is a canvas and a paintbrush speech"*) you can change the world even if its just by inspiring one other person. Her idea for what she called a "creative rebellion" was her fans being able to hear this message in ARTPOP and live their lives by it. 

"If you have the slightest passion for something, you need to chase it like its the fastest horse you've ever seen". Those were her exact words. She ALSO said to me "I never understood why it (ARTPOP) went so far over some people's head" she said "Its actually really simple, just put art, for the sake of art and creativity, back in front of pop, in front of the machine" She told me how important it was that creativity was kept alive and cherished. One of the last things she said to me was "Art only exists if we pretend it does, so we have to keep pretending" 

I think after the mess that was ARTPOP, there was a very clear line drawn in the fanbase, one that she wanted (and quite frankly needed) to draw. After years of telling us how important it was to be ourselves, how important it is to not be afraid to be the freak that's inside of all of us because thats what makes each of us so special (and similar in many ways), and how important it is to love one another for our differences and to celebrate them, a lot of us seemed to have forgotten that once the ARTPOP era started. She now has two groups of fans: those that want her to stay in the box of dance pop and hold her to the standards of her career in 2010-12, and the one's that support her endlessly no matter her trajectory.

For the past 6 or so years, Gaga's relationship with her fans was built around the premiss that she supported US. She told us for sooo so long that there was nothing more important than being true to yourself, and when she finally creates a piece of work that is about HER struggle with HER identity as a human and an artist, half of us weren't there for her....we just complained about it not being Pop's next #1 hit. 

Gaga's love is most definitely there and unwavering for us...please believe that. But like after a boyfriend or girlfriend breaks your heart, it's going to take some time to get back in the dating game. She's clearly just being extremely cautions with how much she's going to open up to us and I think that's going to continue for a while until LG5 is ready for us and the world to hear. 

God this made me miss Gaga even more :(

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

LebaneseDude
On 5/19/2016 at 0:01 PM, Didymus said:

"I was ****ing tired! I was overworked. It became all about the money. I began feeling like a corporate machine – and my art was paying the price. I didn’t get into this business to sell perfume or take selfies with strangers." (2016)

Who's to say those strangers are fans though?

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

Didymus
2 hours ago, LebaneseDude said:

Who's to say those strangers are fans though?

Well, who else can they be? :emma: Taking pictures with the army of fans waiting outside every building she walks out of has been a huge portion of her career since 2009. There's no way she's talking about the two or three celeb selfies she takes every few months.

Pharamon
On 19.05.2016 at 5:59 PM, Bambino said:

Didn't she say something like things changed when she got a new management and that everything she did before just wasn't feeling real to her? Maybe that included her fans too :toofunny:

Who dat in yo avi :green:

i just have problem with the fact she interacts with us only when she has album to sell or award to win. This doesn't feel pure and genuine anymore.

display name
4 hours ago, mic said:

i just have problem with the fact she interacts with us only when she has album to sell or award to win. This doesn't feel pure and genuine anymore.

I don't think that's the case. She was really consistent in communicating with us in the past, whether or not she had just released something. Lately, she's just been silent for other reasons, I think. Her silence while working on American Horry Story can be explained by how much she was trying to get into the character; she had to be isolated. Now, I think she's being quiet because she's so focused on making new music. Communication's definitely at a low for her, but I don't think it's because she's ingenuine at all. That said, her silence can be a bit frustrating.

Gardevoir

It's really interesting what you pointed out. I always tried to interpret her career moves in videos, fashion, songs, and I always think that she passes hidden messages through it, but It's a little bit weird for me when she talks in interviews and says really simple things about her songs, that it seems like this tune is only about 'sex', 'love', 'love in mythological way', meanwhile me figuring out that particular song is much more deep. I wonder if she doesn't want to talk about it in public, and leaves space to interpret it, or her songs aren't that complicated at all. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

It's really interesting what you pointed out. I always tried to interpret her career moves in videos, fashion, songs, and I always think that she passes hidden messages through it, but It's a little bit weird for me when she talks in interviews and says really simple things about her songs, that it seems like this tune is only about 'sex', 'love', 'love in mythological way', meanwhile me figuring out that particular song is much more deep. I wonder if she doesn't want to talk about it in public, and leaves space to interpret it, or her songs aren't that complicated at all. 

Ikr :giveup:

Exact same. She's made comments in the past that imply everything is worked out in absolute detail, but yeah in interviews she usually seems to dumb down her work a lot :air: I remember for an H&M interview she just said ARTPOP was a fun dance album full of joy when in some others she was going on about how her pain exploded in beats etc. It's all quite confusing to make sense of it and very easy to read your own **** into it, which is probably what I did here :chica:

But it's fun :chica: And sometimes you stumble upon something that might at least be 10% true :unicorn:

Ronk
48 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Ikr :giveup:

Exact same. She's made comments in the past that imply everything is worked out in absolute detail, but yeah in interviews she usually seems to dumb down her work a lot :air: I remember for an H&M interview she just said ARTPOP was a fun dance album full of joy when in some others she was going on about how her pain exploded in beats etc. It's all quite confusing to make sense of it and very easy to read your own **** into it, which is probably what I did here :chica:

But it's fun :chica: And sometimes you stumble upon something that might at least be 10% true :unicorn:

I agree.  And artists are often very cryptic in explaining their songs.  I think that is part of art in general, including paintings, sculpture, literature, poetry, cinema, etc.  Part of the "art" is allowing the viewers/readers/listeners make their interpretations based of their own thoughts and life experiences.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Kayla
21 hours ago, Speechless94 said:

This absolutely has to be it. The fanbase really let her down, IMO. She's been so sweet to us, said nothing but kind things to us, and then when she could have used support and love for her ideas so many of us treated her like ****. 

I think she thought the fanbase would stick by her and see all the work she was doing, all the artistic imagery she was putting into the work, and then we didn't. 

It's funny, because in her previous albums we actually DID take a lot of time and effort to really analyze the imagery, analyze what she was doing, etc., but then in the album where we should have done that MORE, we barely did it at all. That being said, truthfully the message of ART in front of POP didn't carry into the music. Aura, sure. ARTPOP, sure. But a lot of the other songs didn't convey the idea of putting ART in POP; she mostly did that with the imagery and side projects. 

Archived