opinion

Gaga and her fans rn

Didymus

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, GagaMegaFan said:

Remember she wasn't interacting with her fans in her earlier (and more succesful) eras like The Fame and The Fame Monster? Like the fans were "just casual fans" not Little Monsters? Even in her performances she was acting cold to her fans... (You Know what I mean) Then BTW came out and suddenly the fans become LITTLE MONSTERS, and had very huge impact to her life... And you know BTW was not "that" succesful (compared to TF/M).. You understand? I know it's a weird correlation but I have a feeling that it's somehow true...

what do you think??

I noticed that too..

And it makes me wonder if that's what she was aiming at when she said on a recent radio interview that she was making LG5 like she made "my first two albums". It was more about time and label pressure, but it struck me that she didn't include BTW, since that's obviously the album so many fans think of as her most authentic and personal one, y'know.

Not sure what you mean with the success thing, though.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Didymus said:

Lady-Gaga-Creepy-Smile.gif

lol I don't even know what you mean with this creep gif

but it would make sense if she did it to create the illusion we're watching her from underwater

ever heard "an ocean of fans" used to describe the sight at a concert ?

it supports your theory since she was a seashell girl/ex-mermaid who basically couldn't swim in our waters any longer lol

Didymus
Just now, JDi said:

but it would make sense if she did it to create the illusion we're watching her from underwater

it supports your theory since she was a seashell girl/ex-mermaid who basically couldn't swim in our waters any longer lol

I thought you were kidding and making fun of my overanalytical bs :chica:

Still not sure if you aren't :chica:

Cool, clever idea actually :flutter:

chromaticainmyhead
8 minutes ago, JDi said:

the monster claw's raising at the artRave is underlining that theory... 

jesus, that analysis is giving me a plot twist on a whole nother level 

edit: people like you should be employed by the CIA 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Bitter
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

There isn't really a point I guess, but I just always found this weird "anti-fan" stuff during ARTPOP and now with all her statements about how awful that period was in so many ways for her, describing herself as a robot specifically, I tried to connect some dots between what she did artistically, and imo there's a possibility she was low-key hinting at how stifled she felt by everyone, incl. the fans for a while already.

Or she planned her whole career and she's fooling the **** out of us :poot:

The thing is that i don't know whether we should consider the ARTPOP era as an indicative behavior towards us or not. I mean Gaga was undoubtedly in a pretty bad condition so it's sensible with all this stuff affecting her to have a different behavior towards her fans.

I think it's not about how she feels about us, i am quite sure that strong bond she had with us is still strong but due to various circumstances and the fact that she is not 23 years old anymore, she cannot have the relationship she used to have with her fans and that's ok.

I even feel that she is so over with this whole mother monster phase and she just wants to have a different kind of relationship with us. A more mature one.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I thought you were kidding and making fun of my overanalytical bs :chica:

Still not sure if you aren't :chica:

Cool, clever idea actually :flutter:

I'm not, it makes perfect sense to me

maxresdefault.jpg

and here she could be Icarus who shouldn't have flown too low so that the damp ocean doesn't clog his wings, meaning she shouldn't have built such a strong relationship with her fans

giskardsb
4 minutes ago, JDi said:

I'm not, it makes perfect sense to me

maxresdefault.jpg

and here she could be Icarus who shouldn't have flown too low so that the damp ocean doesn't clog his wings, meaning she shouldn't have built such a strong relationship with her fans

it would actually be kind-of a hilariously awesome subversive artistic statement if the entire Artrave production was a giant FU to an  overly-needy fanbase and their constant expectations on her.

Plus add in the whole gazing ball thing... looking at her, looking at the environment and themselves also.  Is she just a reflection of everything else?  Or is it more that she includes everything else? 

3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

it would actually be kind-of a hilariously awesome subversive artistic statement if the entire Artrave production was a giant FU to an  overly-needy fanbase and their constant expectations on her.

exactly
cFCzAp3.png

venusfly

I think, if all of this is to be true and not a coincidence, the next project of hers will be extremely divisive within our fanbase. Gaga fans love to preach "music not the bling", but when Gaga appears to be following through by making music from her heart that may not hit the charts people go into meltdown, perhaps this is the kind of behavior all of this refers to, way too much expectation on her to pander to numbers & statistics instead of music she can stand by and sing passionately and be proud of.

The sooner we lose fans just in it for her old long-gone reign over commercial pop the faster Gaga will have a more genuine fanbase.

AJH219

This is honestly one of the most fascinating threads on GGD in years :giveup: As a literature graduate student, these metaphorical analyses are tickling my fancy too 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

PSYCHOSHTICK
1 hour ago, GagaMegaFan said:

Remember she wasn't interacting with her fans in her earlier (and more succesful) eras like The Fame and The Fame Monster? Like the fans were "just casual fans" not Little Monsters? Even in her performances she was acting cold to her fans... (You Know what I mean) Then BTW came out and suddenly the fans become LITTLE MONSTERS, and had very huge impact to her life... And you know BTW was not "that" succesful (compared to TF/M).. You understand? I know it's a weird correlation but I have a feeling that it's somehow true...

what do you think??

I have to disagree on that.

I have been a fan since Just Dance and lately I have been listening to a lot of Fame-era interviews (most of them actually).

When she first started out in 2008 she was talking a lot about her work, her show, her album etc. But after Poker Face she started using the term fans more, as she was traveling around the world building a fanbase. By mid-2009 she was aware of the fact that she had an fanbase and talked about us in interviews 'they come to the show in glitter... they dress up... my fans are the best.' that kind of stuff. She even started calling us Little Monsters in the Fame-era, somewhere in the summer of 2009 if I remember clearly. 

And I have to say that she didn't stop talking about her fans after Bad Romance and The Fame Monster came out. I remember it was at this time (and especially later on in 2010/11 during the TFM-BTW transition) that I got annoyed by the fact that she could not stop talking about nothing but her fans. 

Later, after or during 2012, she became a little less obsessed with her fans. She still talked about us but didn't mentioned us in EVERY line. 

It all went a little like this:

2008 - new artist, is aware of people appreciating her music

first half of 2009 - still a new artist but gets really famous

second half of 2009 - starts to be aware of her fanbase, calls us Little Monsters as a smart move towards her upcoming album

2010 - fan obsessed, sees her fans as a cult, 'I live for my fans'. Talks about the fans the same way a fan talks about his or her star.

2011 - same

2012 - gets a little less excited about her fans in the press, still shows her love on social media and during the tour

2013 - same (I remember when she came on Graham Norton and Zachary Campbell came on, she was excited to see him but would have reacted more hysterical if the same thing happend in 2011), still talks about us - but way less than the crazy years that were 2009,10 and 11. 

first half of 2014 - @luckythisway: ' met her after the artRAVE in NYC and the final Roseland show and she didn't really talk to the fans at all. But during the BTW era, she was very talkative to fans. it's apparent in social media too, as she would always tweet love for her monsters, which has been very rare lately.'

second half 2014 - Cheek 2 Cheek era, tells the press that she likes seeing her fans 'dust off their glitter and putting on their suits' but is not fanobsessed anymore

2015 - takes a 'year off', doesn't talk much to us anymore

2016 - silence

luckythisway
15 minutes ago, ChristianDior said:

I have to disagree on that.

I have been a fan since Just Dance and lately I have been listening to a lot of Fame-era interviews (most of them actually).

When she first started out in 2008 she was talking a lot about her work, her show, her album etc. But after Poker Face she started using the term fans more, as she was traveling around the world building a fanbase. By mid-2009 she was aware of the fact that she had an fanbase and talked about us in interviews 'they come to the show in glitter... they dress up... my fans are the best.' that kind of stuff. She even started calling us Little Monsters in the Fame-era, somewhere in the summer of 2009 if I remember clearly. 

And I have to say that she didn't stop talking about her fans after Bad Romance and The Fame Monster came out. I remember it was at this time (and especially later on in 2010/11 during the TFM-BTW transition) that I got annoyed by the fact that she could not stop talking about nothing but her fans. 

Later, after or during 2012, she became a little less obsessed with her fans. She still talked about us but didn't mentioned us in EVERY line. 

It all went a little like this:

2008 - new artist, is aware of people appreciating her music

first half of 2009 - still a new artist but gets really famous

second half of 2009 - starts to be aware of her fanbase, calls us Little Monsters as a smart move towards her upcoming album

2010 - fan obsessed, sees her fans as a cult, 'I live for my fans'. Talks about the fans the same way a fan talks about his or her star.

2011 - same

2012 - gets a little less excited about her fans in the press, still shows her love on social media and during the tour

2013 - same (I remember when she came on Graham Norton and Zachary Campbell came on, she was excited to see him but would have reacted more hysterical if the same thing happend in 2011), still talks about us - but way less than the crazy years that were 2009,10 and 11. 

first half of 2014 - @luckythisway: ' met her after the artRAVE in NYC and the final Roseland show and she didn't really talk to the fans at all. But during the BTW era, she was very talkative to fans. it's apparent in social media too, as she would always tweet love for her monsters, which has been very rare lately.'

second half 2014 - Cheek 2 Cheek era, tells the press that she likes seeing her fans 'dust off their glitter and putting on their suits' but is not fanobsessed anymore

2015 - takes a 'year off', doesn't talk much to us anymore

2016 - silence

this is 100% accurate

CHROMATICA

The Child

Thank you for this theory, out of all the personas and looks she had, the mermaid was always the one that intrigued me, I didn't know why or how. I didn't understand its meaning. But now I do and it's just so relieving. I'm really serious.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

youandi

Right, don't drag me, because I haven't read every single response and maybe I've misjudged the post entirely but I find this very fascinating. 

I don't think it's meant to be read this way but if she was stifled, not just by fans but fame itself starting sometime during the BTW era and carried on through the ARTPOP era, shown by the Little Mermaid storyline at ArtRave, could it be that things are now back on track? She's seemingly doing it the way she wants and writing with a piano first and stuff, though I could be wrong, she could have had an album ready last year but the label weren't happy with it, idk.

The whole Little Mermaid thing really would have tied in with the potential disney inspired ARTPOP era. 

Meghan Trainor

Kind of crazy thinking that she's Ariel and the fans are Ursula, but it makes sense. Too much sense. So much sense I don't like it.

giphy.gif 

Archived