💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mandy Moore's Best Pop Culture Moments

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz

SOURCE: ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

Whether you’re still crying over A Walk to Remember’s bittersweet ending, shamelessly blasting “Candy” in your car, or counting down the days until the premiere of This Is Us, there’s no denying Mandy Moore’s staying power as a pop culture staple. Though she hasn’t released an album of original material since 2009’s Amanda Leigh, Moore’s first three albums offered memorable hits like “I Wanna Be With You” and “In My Pocket.” Plus, she’s appeared on screen opposite Diane Keaton (Because I Said So), Robin Williams (License to Wed), Chandra Wilson (Grey’s Anatomy), and even helped carry Disney’s 2010 animated musical Tangled to worldwide success with her vocal talents.

Across a nearly 20-year career that’s spanned music, film, TV, and even video games, trace Moore’s evolution from teenage bubblegum pop star to full-fledged Hollywood actress with some of her most memorable pop culture moments, ahead.

tumblr_nxr3qhKYoD1t03zvio4_400.gif

1.  1999: Released Debut Single 'Candy' From The Album So Real

2.  2001: Debuted Reinvented Image and Sound With 'In My Pocket' Music Video

While fellow pop stars like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears shed their squeaky-clean teenage images with raunchier follow-up albums like Stripped and Britney, Mandy Moore reinvented her musical identity with a distinctly mature sound.

3.  2002: Voiced Aerith In the Disney Video Game Kingdom Hearts

4.  2002: Headlined A Walk to Remember, Her First Lead Role on the Big Screen

Two years before the film version of Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook invigorated the romantic drama genre, the author's 1999 novel A Walk to Remember was adapted for the big screen. Starring Mandy Moore as a terminally ill high school student who marries her lover (Shane West) shortly before dying,

MCDWATO_EC006_H_0.jpg

5.  2004: Starred In Satirical Sundance Comedy Saved!

6.  2005: Launched Mblem. Fashion Line for Tall Women

7. 2006: Publicly Admitted Her Early Albums 'Sucked'

Despite her first two albums, 1999's So Real and 2000's I Wanna Be With You being certified platinum and gold, respectively, Moore apparently can't stand either one, even going as far as to say they "sucked."

"Ugh, those were awful. If I had the money, I would give a refund to everyone who bought my first two albums," she said in a 2006 interview. "Whenever people ask, 'Which of your albums should I listen to?' I say, 'Nothing but Coverage.' Burn the rest."

8. 2007-2009: Released Wild Hope and Amanda Leigh Albums

Further moving away from the sounds of her early career, Mandy Moore released two folk-pop albums between 2007 and 2009. Both Wild Hope and Amanda Leigh highlighted Moore's sonic evolution from teen pop star to a folk-influenced singer-songwriter.

Albums.jpg

9.  2010: Guest-Starred on Grey's Anatomy

10. 2010: Voiced Rapunzel in Disney's Animated Tangled

mono_fullcomp_v0029.0044.jpg

11. 2013: Landed Voice Acting Role on Disney Junior's Sheriff Callie's Wild West

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
9 minutes ago, Spock said:

When will yo faves

bop tbh default_cry7.gif

Seeka

I like how Kingdom Hearts is number three.

I also like how it's claimed by Disney, despite her voicing a Squeenix Character and Squeenix owning half of the game, and actually coming up with the plot.

And nothing is mentioned about how people disliked her voicing Aerith.

Entertainment Weekly needs to get their sh!t together on the geek front.

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Seeka said:

I like how Kingdom Hearts is number three.

I also like how it's claimed by Disney, despite her voicing a Squeenix Character and Squeenix owning half of the game, and actually coming up with the plot.

And nothing is mentioned about how people disliked her voicing Aerith.

Entertainment Weekly needs to get their sh!t together on the geek front.

The rank is made by years, since 1999 to 2013, that doesn't mean it's the 3rd most relevant thing tho, and she made more things on Tv/Films, i guess they only choose that one, since the article mentioned all the stuff she has done, from music, tv, films & VIDEOGAMES, it's just a filler i guess

FrankGutz
2 hours ago, Vamp said:

I never knew she voiced Aerith! Queen. :firega:

I think she only voiced her on the first game, KH (2002) on KH2 was Mena Suvari and On FF one was Andrea Bowen

Voltaire
1 hour ago, Spock said:

When will yo faves

yeah...i love this song still. 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

DeleteMyAccount

Um, what about Princess Diaries? I loved her in that. haha. 

Also, how tall is she?

llbcherry
10 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Also, how tall is she?

I remember when she was first popular hearing that she was 5'10" several times... I'm pretty sure.

DeleteMyAccount
12 minutes ago, llbcherry said:

I remember when she was first popular hearing that she was 5'10" several times... I'm pretty sure.

It's always weird seeing how tall or short celebrities really are. She always seemed shorter to me. haha.

JevyDuty
18 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's always weird seeing how tall or short celebrities really are. She always seemed shorter to me. haha.

And Gaga always seems tall to me for some reason when she's only 5' 1"

FrankGutz
55 minutes ago, llbcherry said:

59 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Also, how tall is she?

this, she's 5'10"

I hated her on Princess Diaries tho, such a bitch there :grr: i rather her roles on A walk to Remember, How to Deal, Chasing Liberty, Dedication & Because i Said So :sis:

FrankGutz

Did yall know she was MARA on the animated series of TRON: Uprising? :sis:

1358026820801.gif

Archived