💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Obsessed vs. The Warning

bayonse

Featured Posts

Didymus
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But I thought you were all about research and being completely critical and correct. Or are you only that strict for people whose opinions you don't like? Is it one rule for you, a different rule for everyone else? If you're so particular about how music is judged, maybe you should actually listen to it first? Just a thought.

Cackling.

I never claimed I was like that. Besides, just like you, I happen to make a pragmatic distinction between an irrelevant opinion presented in a careless manner (I don't care much for my own, actually) and an argumented one.

See the difference?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noah
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Mariah's song was fine if you took her word for her it. According to her song, Eminem is "obessed," "delusional," and "lying that you're sexing me." If you believe every word she said, which most people did, she seemed to have the upper hand as she trilled "funny, found a girl that you couldn't impress." Eminem seemed to be like the classic, jealous, misogynist male who was just bitter about a girl who didn't feel the same way. But then The Warning dropped...

As morally empty as it is, The Warning has to be the winner. Whether you think Eminem went too far or not, the fact is, he exposed Mariah as a liar and featured evidence as to why in the song, meaning there was no reason to doubt his claims. He doesn't even wait that long to start doing it. Only 12 seconds in and he claims "I've got the same exact tat that's on Nick's back." Now, seeing as Nick Cannon wears a suit most of the time the public have seen him, when have we ever seen his back to clarify that? Therefore, it's so specific a claim that it must be true. You can almost imagine the look on Mariah's face when he said that line. He even goes so far as to put in graphic descriptions of sexual encounters that embarrass himself, which only further extends the belief that he must be telling the truth. He even tells her how much more bashing there is to do, reminding her, "I was going to stop at 16, that was 32, this is 34 bars, we ain't even half of the way through." And just when we think the most damning evidence is over, he suddenly drops the studio recording they made, where Mariah's unique voice is unmistakable, where she actually says his name, clarifying that they did indeed, once have some kind of thing going on. The back-and-forth of his rapping with her ramblings on the recording and how they fit so well is simply genius. There's a reason Mariah went completely quiet after this song came out - she knew she was beaten and knew never to lie so openly again in case her reputation became irreparably damaged. Is it a nasty song? Absolutely? Does he go too far? Absolutely. But did he win the fight? Unquestionably.

But I thought you were all about research and being completely critical and correct. Or are you only that strict for people whose opinions you don't like? Is it one rule for you, a different rule for everyone else? If you're so particular about how music is judged, maybe you should actually listen to it first? Just a thought.

Mariah never said that 'Obsessed' was about Eminem, in the Music Video for 'Obsessed', the 'Stalker' doesn't even look like him. If he thinks that that's him.. If the shoe fits wear it. 

The Recordings in 'The Warning' are sound bits cut together from previous Interviews or Songs, from most likely 1998-2001 aka before Mariah and Eminem met in 2002/2003. Also, if you do your research, Nick Cannon asked Eminem to actually fight him if he has the balls he says to have. Eminem did not say yes. Eminem took a step back. Eminem actually DID apologize after he released the Diss and wished them both best of Luck.

Next Time do your research. Thank you.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Brian Ryan

Obsessed. M didn't have to curse every 2 seconds :gaycat: I like The Warning tho.

StrawberryBlond
15 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Cackling.

I never claimed I was like that. Besides, just like you, I happen to make a pragmatic distinction between an irrelevant opinion presented in a careless manner (I don't care much for my own, actually) and an argumented one.

See the difference?

Actually, you do. You're always lecturing me about doing constant research and educating myself. Clearly, you don't take your own advice. If you're so particular about these things, why did you post such an uneducated, ignorant comment? You sure are hypocritical. Now that you've made your insistence on research so plain, you do realise I'm going to pin it on you from now on, right? If you're going to follow me with cries of "I thought you were meant to be critic?" I'm going to follow you with cries of "Where's the research you're always so insistent on?"

12 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

Mariah never said that 'Obsessed' was about Eminem, in the Music Video for 'Obsessed', the 'Stalker' doesn't even look like him. If he thinks that that's him.. If the shoe fits wear it. 

The Recordings in 'The Warning' are sound bits cut together from previous Interviews or Songs, from most likely 1998-2001 aka before Mariah and Eminem met in 2002/2003. Also, if you do your research, Nick Cannon asked Eminem to actually fight him if he has the balls he says to have. Eminem did not say yes. Eminem took a step back. Eminem actually DID apologize after he released the Diss and wished them both best of Luck.

Next Time do your research. Thank you.

It's so clearly him. She made this song shortly after he made those statements about them once being together. Eminem has facial hair and wears those types of clothes. Of course it was him.

"Most likely" you say, so you're unsure? It sounds pretty real to me. Especially the "Mary Ann, cut the tape, knife!" bit at the end. And who cares if Nick asked to fight him? Eminem apologised? Irrelavent to the song. He exposed her as a liar, that's what the song was all about. What happened after that doesn't matter.

Noah
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

"Most likely" you say, so you're unsure? It sounds pretty real to me. Especially the "Mary Ann, cut the tape, knife!" bit at the end. And who cares if Nick asked to fight him? Eminem apologised? Irrelavent to the song. He exposed her as a liar, that's what the song was all about. What happened after that doesn't matter.

I said most likely because it also could be 1997. Most of these were quotes from her Glitter Movie. The Song doesn't expose anyone. You can also say 'Obsessed' exposed Eminem as a liar. You do not have any proof. Try again.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Noahhh said:

I said most likely because it also could be 1997. Most of these were quotes from her Glitter Movie. The Song doesn't expose anyone. You can also say 'Obsessed' exposed Eminem as a liar. You do not have any proof. Try again.

Mariah's diss song could have been about anyone, any of her fans could sing about about someone who's obsessed with them. Eminem's is designed entirely for one person and no one else. Mariah was very vague. Eminem was extremely specific. That's how you tell a liar from a truth-teller.

Didymus
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Actually, you do. You're always lecturing me about doing constant research and educating myself. Clearly, you don't take your own advice. If you're so particular about these things, why did you post such an uneducated, ignorant comment? You sure are hypocritical. Now that you've made your insistence on research so plain, you do realise I'm going to pin it on you from now on, right? If you're going to follow me with cries of "I thought you were meant to be critic?" I'm going to follow you with cries of "Where's the research you're always so insistent on?"

I'm lecturing about that because you claim your opinions are the result of serious and constant research :rip: Are you kidding me? That's the only reason I bring the sh-t up lmao

If I went around claiming that my opinions were formed based on extensive research and that my criticism of artists is a feminist statement, feel free to stalk me around the forum and call me out when you need me to. Luckily I don't do that, and if there's anything I've been consistent about on this forum it's that I don't think highly of my opinion and I consider it as perfectly irrelevant as everyone else's.

smh

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I'm lecturing about that because you claim your opinions are the result of serious and constant research :rip: Are you kidding me? That's the only reason I bring the sh-t up lmao

If I went around claiming that my opinions were formed based on extensive research and that my criticism of artists is a feminist statement, feel free to stalk me around the forum and call me out when you need me to. Luckily I don't do that, and if there's anything I've been consistent about on this forum it's that I don't think highly of my opinion and I consider it as perfectly irrelevant as everyone else's.

smh

Yes, I research these artists so my opinion is well-informed. If it's not in line with your opinion, I haven't done my research correctly, apparently. Information can be interpreted different ways, you know.

I didn't say my criticism of artists was a feminist statement, but that being a female critic and bigging up female talent and judging women as fairly as men was a feminist statement. You don't think highly of your opinion? That's a laugh. You fight for it to the death, no matter how rude you have to be. If you thought your opinion was so irrelevant, you wouldn't write endless paragraphs defending your views and putting down other's opinions. Again, it's scary that you can't see how pompous you are.

bayonse
9 hours ago, Delete it Fat said:

Idk who eminom is, I wish her success and longevity and 18 number one billboard hot 100 hit singles because not everyone has that xx

well he literally killed her career 

no more parties in LA

Joaco95
6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

you wouldn't write endless paragraphs defending your views and putting down other's opinions

oh the irony

also mimi but i hate obsessed i hate whole memories of an imperfect angel album actually

RAMROD

The Warning, like damn, you gon do Mimi like dat?!! :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Didymus
8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

If you thought your opinion was so irrelevant, you wouldn't write endless paragraphs defending your views and putting down other's opinions. Again, it's scary that you can't see how pompous you are.

Except I never argue about my opinion with you :rip: All our conversations start with me being unimpressed with your arguments and how they're put together. We never had a conversation about what I think. We always have conversations about what you claim and why that's either false or unwarranted. And I have told you plenty of times that I respect your opinion perfectly, but that I wish it wasn't accompanied with lies and fables to make it look more substantial than it is.

That's been my number one statement since day one.

StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

oh the irony

I didn't say it wasn't ironic. I was talking about how writing a lot and defending your position obviously means you consider your opinion to mean something.

6 hours ago, Didymus said:

Except I never argue about my opinion with you :rip: All our conversations start with me being unimpressed with your arguments and how they're put together. We never had a conversation about what I think. We always have conversations about what you claim and why that's either false or unwarranted. And I have told you plenty of times that I respect your opinion perfectly, but that I wish it wasn't accompanied with lies and fables to make it look more substantial than it is.

That's been my number one statement since day one.

You bring your opinion into it, though. You say: "I don't agree with your opinion, here's mine." And you're the one who's always quoting me, bringing me down. This is the first time I've ever quoted to, actually. Until now, it's been you getting at me. You say yourself your goal is to pick apart my arguments and show them to be false or unwarranted (here you go again with the egomania). And no, sorry, you don't treat me like someone whose opinion you respect. If you respected what I had to say, you would either debate respectfully (which you don't) or just move on and not quote me (which you don't). And you wouldn't refer to my research as "lies and fables," you would try to understand where I'm coming from and realise my suspicions are shared with a lot of others. I'm only substantiating my arguments the way I was taught to back up arguments from school and university. So, I certainly don't need someone on a forum telling me that I'm arguing wrongly. Some people say my arguments aren't substantial enough, others say they need to be more substantial. As always, I can't win. I just write down what I feel, take it or leave it.

And my #1 statement from day one is that you need a serious attitude adjustment and stop acting like you're better than everyone.

Didymus
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Until now, it's been you getting at me. You say yourself your goal is to pick apart my arguments and show them to be false or unwarranted (here you go again with the egomania).

Because you try to tear artists down with unwarranted arguments. That's the only reason I do it. It's not egomania, I think. It's just not liking seeing people acting like they're being smart when they're criticizing something. Then I will indeed gladly tear their arguments apart when they lack consistency and logic.

3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

And no, sorry, you don't treat me like someone whose opinion you respect. If you respected what I had to say, you would either debate respectfully (which you don't) or just move on and not quote me (which you don't). And you wouldn't refer to my research as "lies and fables," you would try to understand where I'm coming from and realise my suspicions are shared with a lot of others.

I will gladly start doing that when you bring more-than-basic arguments. I'm sorry, but if you seriously think people will try to see where you're coming from when you're writing that Beyoncé is constantly ripping off her fans, or that Radiohead has nothing to say, or that Björk just tries to be weird for no reason, there's nothing to try to understand. Even in that thread about Madonna's Met Gala look. I actually thought you had something interesting to say there (which I directly said to you) but your argumentation felt very flawed to me, and, as I always do, I just pitted counterevidence against your arguments. Usually it's very simple, such as "Actually Gaga did put tour dates on sale before her new album was released", or "Actually Madonna did wear suits all through her career.". That's not disrespectful arguing, it only comes to that when you keep rejecting facts in favor of brainless negativity.

8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

And my #1 statement from day one is that you need a serious attitude adjustment and stop acting like you're better than everyone.

When do I do that though? That's been surfacing multiple times now, but I don't understand what I did that creates that impression in your head.

Archived