Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Hard Candy debuted at #1 eight years ago today

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

hard-candy.jpeg

Madonna's most underrated and most unjustly hated on album (MDNA exists henny) debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 exactly eight years ago to the day, becoming her seventh number one album. It was originally going to be called Black Madonna but she decided to change it fearing the controversy.

Featuring bops such as Give It 2 Me, Heartbeat, Miles Away, She's Not Me, Beat Goes On and what seems to be M-Dolla's favorite song, Candy Shop, the Iconic album also gave us really messy photoshoots, unphotoshopped messes and man arm realness.

wkpjrk-3.jpgnew-outtakes-from-madonnas-hard-candy.jp
crotchcrotchvadge1.jpgmadonna9.jpg

Let us not forget the ENOURMOUS Sticky and Sweet Tour, which remains the highest grossing solo tour of all time (to this day) with a $400 million + box score

Happy birthday Hard Candy! May you keep slaying and making your haters seethe by having Candy Shop on every set list from now on :applause:

who will love me when the night is over

Didymus

Ridiculously underrated musically. It's a solid, impressive pop record. Beneath her talents but nothing like the trainwrecks that were MDNA and RH.

Often I wish her career ended after the S&S Tour :rip:

Or after Celebration rather :chica:

Ciccone Madonna

Miles Away easily one of M best ballads.

Also Candy Shop, Devil wouldnt recongnize you,Dance 2night my favourites.

LaLuna
4 minutes ago, Bio said:

The beginning of the fall lol Tragic album. 

This. 

Ciccone Madonna
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Ridiculously underrated musically. It's a solid, impressive pop record. Beneath her talents but nothing like the trainwrecks that were MDNA and RH.

MDNA is a great dance record. That was the goal. If you go to a club and the DJ plays back to back it is true drug i believe. I went to a MDNA release party(THE EXPERIENCE) and now i listen to it with headphones some times. It is amazing. Who cant dance to Some Girls,I am Addicted, Girl Gone Wild.? Also the great ballads Love Spent(acoustic) and Falling Free are totally underated.

William Orbit eargasm

DeleteMyAccount

Candy Shop is one of my favorites. I'm so happy that she performed it on the Rebel Heart Tour. It's not her best album, but I enjoyed it.

Impressive and She's not me still **** on most people's discographies :green: 

How people think RH is better than HC is beyond me but oh well :emma: 

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

MDNA is a great dance record. That was the goal. If you go to a club and the DJ plays back to back is true drug believe. I went to a MDNA release party and i listen it with headphones some times. It is amazing. Who cant dance to Some Girls, I am Addicted, Girl Gone Wild. Also the great ballads Love Spent(acoustic) and Falling Free are totally underated.

She's Madonna. She only gets to make one great dance record in a period, not three ina row (and imo RH does not qualify as great, even).. In my book. MDNA offered nothing new to her catalogue, HC did, that's the way I see it.

Spock
9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

But Rebel Heart is pretty good :wtfga: and the tour was amazing

MDNA needs to be deleted though, that album is just trash :awkney:

who will love me when the night is over

Ciccone Madonna
Just now, Didymus said:

She's Madonna. She only gets to make one great dance record in my book. MDNA offered nothing new to her catalogue, HC did, that's the way I see it.

No, MDNA is a musical evolution to her previous records. COADF is a disco-themed, HC is an urban-themed. MDNA is a solid dance EDM record. If any other pop girl released MDNA it would become huge success.  Best friend would become a hit as a ballad and it is even deluxe version material. 

Mister Gaga

Underrated album. It's not her best, obviously, but it has some great bops: Candy Shop, 4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me, Heartbeat, Beat Goes On, Voices, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You...

Archived