šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is everyone flopping?

SirLudicopro

Featured Posts

M I M I Z

1. Meghan Trainor's songs are bad and they always sound the same at least to me so I'm not surprised she's flopping rn.

2. Ariana should'veĀ kept Focus as the lead single cause the other songs she released are not that good.

3. Rihanna ,Ā Drake, and Beyonce are slaying as usual so

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Caesium
Just now, SirLudicopro said:

Good for ha then, I do like DW. It is sadly not as successful as Problem tho.

Yeah it's far superior to Problem, but honestly it's just not the genre that's popular at the moment, so it's not destined to do incredibly well. She's lucky it went top 10, if it had been mostĀ other artists it would have done far worse.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Caesium
1 minute ago, M I M I Z said:

1. Meghan Trainor's songs are bad and they always sound the same at least to me so I'm not surprised she's flopping rn.

2. Ariana should'veĀ kept Focus as the lead single cause the other songs she released are not that good.

Meghan's new stuff is literally a complete departure from the doo-wop stuff on her debutĀ 

8mykgdu.gif?w=630

And is the inferiorĀ Problem rehash F*** a Zombie really better than the slayage of Dangerous Woman and Into You

8mykgdu.gif?w=630

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

johnpe
15 minutes ago, joemayzin said:

i'm not going to lie but sometimes if i find a song i like, ill see if its on youtube and just rip the audio so its for free but idk if everyone else is doing this but i feel if people are thinking like me and not buying the songs or streaming it just by listening to the "free" song on their phones or iTunes then its really hurting the artist/charts!

now i don't do it for every song haha if i really LOVE a song i will purchase it cause i have no problem doing so but if its an okay song, but i like it ill take the route i just stated above!Ā 

reported to fbi

Ā 

MAKE IT WORK

Boyboi12
3 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

I find your judgement interesting, but we're all entitled to our own opinions. Thank god you don't get paid for yoursĀ 

SirLudicopro
3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Because of streaming.

And STOP using that "flop" word. It's ridiculous.Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, SirLudicopro said:

you know everyone here says everything is a flop, it's just a joke.

I just say it as a joke, I know the right word is underperforming. It's just a thing my friends and I sayĀ :toofunny:Ā Sorry if you were offended I guess

Streaming. Streaming exclusives. Bad music. Cheap music made only to sell (ironic). Take a pick or a combination. I'm still surprised NO is like only a big hit in the US, right?

venusfly
19 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

Focus is AWFUL. Into You should've been the lead, it's one of her best works.

Creyk
42 minutes ago, Klou said:

Selena and Ellie's latest singles are flopping hard, too. If we knew the exact answer to why everyone flops, then we would be millionaires.

Selena's new single was released only 1 week ago and it has been getting healthy radio updates and itunes increase, can you not :toofunny:

Post-album singles need time to climb

Klou
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Selena's new single was released only 1 week ago and it has been getting healthy radio updates and itunes increase, can you not

Post-album singles need time to climb

6M AI and it hasn't broken the top 800 on iTunes. It's pretty easy for me to spot a flop early on and it is one.

Decodekid

the world is receiving karma for not appreciating ARTPOP that's whyĀ :tea:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

StrawberryBlond

A combination of people discovering more music that they never knew about before through streaming, music being kept exclusively on streaming services for the first few weeks instead of being available on YouTube from the beginning and streaming in general taking over, so we can find out if an album's good before buying it. The mainstream industry hates this and for that very reason, I want it to continue. Keep giving success to new names who are making better music than the big name, established acts. Keep telling artists that you won't buy their complete album unless it has more than just good singles. Don't download a bad lead single just because it's the lead single from your fave. Demand better and you'll get better.

43 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

The music industry is too focused on using social media and streaming to showcase their music. Everyone is doing the same thing, there is nothing really special about the music anyone is releasing because it is all the same. People are getting tired of hearing about the same 4 or 5 names mentioned all day everyday. These days, media focuses on the same few people in music or whatever form entertainment they provide and people are tired of it. There is so much more out there than what media focuses, more than what's big on social media. There is a whole world out there with plenty of music, not just the music media tells us we should be listening to and buying.Ā 

Amen. I can't tell you how sick I am of seeing the usual suspects dominating the charts year after year. Because the biggest ones certainly don't take long breaks either and their last single pretty much runs into their new lead single. Just years of overexposure of the same names and its exhausting. It was so blissful when Rihanna finally took a long break and it'll be a nice respite if Taylor does it this year too. If there's one thing that annoys me in this industry it's people keeping their success just because of who they are, it's not a reflection of how good their music actually is. It's no wonder that they get lazy and just give us the same old crap because we accept whatever's put in front of us. The public's refusal to take Focus to its hearts because it was a sub-par ripoff of Problem was one of the rare occasions where the public refused to accept a retread. But it's the exception, not the rule.

Creyk

Not everyone is flopping, the people in the top 10 are succeeding. As to why are the main pop stars not succeeding, it's really easy to figure out in each case:

Gaga, Katy, Miley, Taylor are in between eras so half of the main pop girls are out of the equation already.

New romantics was not pushed at all, it's MV release was way too late, and it was a tour video. It was not made available for streaming.

For justin, the 4th single was simply a bad song choice, it never took off.

For meghan, No was banned on radio because of the worst callout scores in the history in radio ever, radio simply just had to blacklist that song because the GP was not having it

Ariana: focus + donutgate took a lot of momentum away from her, and Dangerous Woman is not a radio friendly song so of course it's not going to get immense amounts of airplay. Plus, she never succeeds without a feature so there's that. DW is a solo song.

BeyoncƩ is always sabotaging her own singles performances because she insists on being an album and touring act, nothing new there.

The new artists are actually trying or having their once in a lifetime moment, that is why the top 20 has more unknown acts in it at the moment.

Creyk
4 minutes ago, Klou said:

6M AI and it hasn't broken the top 800 on iTunes. It's pretty easy for me to spot a flop early on and it is one.

Can you stop being a hater and at least wait until the MV is released oh god :awkney:

Archived