Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which songs define this decade of 2010s?

politicqxs

Featured Posts

malazam

Born This Way

Rolling In The Deep

another shot before we kiss the other side

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kesha

Bad Romance Rolling In The Deep Dark Horse We Found Love Hello Tik Tok Blank Space  Uptown Funk Born This Way Sorry etc..

YaaaasGaga

Bad Romance (Lady Gaga), Someone Like You (Adele), Blurred Lines (unfortunately - Robin Thicke), Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus), Happy (Pharell), Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson ft Bruno Mars), Love Yourself (Justin Bieber), Get ducky (Daft Punk), We Found Love (Calvin Harris ft Rihanna), Tik Tok (Kesha), California Gurls (Katy Perry), Love The Way You Lie (Eminem ft Rihanna), Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepson), Royals (Lorde).

Think I've got enough for a compilation CD here :laughga:

Lord Temptation

2011 best defined this decade. 

We Found Love

Born This Way

Rolling in the Deep

Somebody That I Used to Know

Midnight City

TheResidentZionist
2 hours ago, Bitter said:

pretty girls by far

Versace

2010: Tik Tok, Bad Romance , Telephone, Alejandro, 3, Rude Boy, Naturally, Your Love Is My Drug, Take It Off, California Girls, Teenage Dream, Only Girl, What's My Name, We R Who We R, Raise Your Glass

2011: Born This Way, The Edge Of Glory, Hold It Against Me, Till The World Ends, I Wanna Go, Blow, Firework, E.T, Last Friday Night, S&M, On The Floor, F* Perfect, Rolling In The Deep, Someone Like You, Super Bass, Price Tag, We Found Love

2012: Call Me Maybe, Starships, Where Have You Been, We Are Never Ever...,  What Doesn't Kill You, Titanium, Part Of Me, Wide Awake, Diamonds, Die Young

2013: I Knew You Were Trouble, Stay, Come&Get It, Heart Attack, Try, Just Give Me A Reason, Applause, Roar, Drunk In Love, Summertime Sadness, Timber, We Can't Stop, Wrecking Ball 

2014: Dark Horse, Fancy, Problem, Break Free, Anaconda, Bang Bang , Black Widow , Let It Go, Chandelier, Shake It Off, Blank Space, All About The Bass

2015: Bad Blood, Hello, Love Me Like You Do, Lean On, Elastic Heart, Worth It, Good For You, Cool For The Summer, Same Old Love, Here, Like I'm Gonna Lose You, Ex&Ohs, Love Me Harder, 7/11, Wildest Dreams, Talking Body

As you can see 2010-2011 is undeniably the highlight year of this decade which ends In 2020 and sadly I don't think we'll have a year up-peak/out-do it. It was a time where all singers were bringing their A-Game, no one was messing around, everyone wanted to solidate themselves in a time that would define their career and make them an icon in the new world of music that is dominated by electronic pop. We saw Gaga bring light to this moment in 2009 which is why going into 2010 and 2011 she exploded. Gaga came at a time where Electronic Pop was all that people wanted in comparison to 2004-2008 where music was dominated by Hip-Hip Urban club sounds. That's almost half a decade , before that you had a less electronic form of Pop which dominated that some would call Teen/Bubblegum pop, this started Late 1990's and went into early 2000's, Britney, Christina, Justin Timberlake dominated during this era. I Wonder when the next shift in sound will happen, elements of 2010-2011 are still seen In 2015 and even 2016, I feel songs have become more electronic than ever and more experimental since they're starting to mix different genres but overall it's just a snooze-fest nothing exciting is taking the music world by storm.

#LG5SaveMusic

Chuckles
16 hours ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Dark Horse,We Found Love, Gangnam style. Rolling in the deep  so far.

Agreed with the ones in bold

PunkTheFunk

Tbqh I feel like Gaga was left behind in the 2000s. You have to remember that decades don't end as soon as the year changes -- the previous decade spills over into the next one for about 1 or 2 years before the new decade kicks in.

For example: The things we all associate with the 1960s (The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, hippies, psychedelia, etc) didn't truly start until about 1964. 1960-1963 were practically still the 1950s.

Same with the 80s -- the mainstream music and fashion of 1980-1982-ish still sound and look like leftovers from the disco era. 

What I'm saying is, even though Gaga was at her peak in 2010-2012, I feel like people will still be associating that with the late 2000s.

Monzter

Some of the songs, 2010-2016:

Bad Romance

Telephone

California Gurls

Super Bass

Teenage Dream

Cooler Than Me

Airplanes

Rolling In The Deep

Party Rock Anthem

Moves Like Jagger

We Found Love

On The Floor

Diamonds

Some Nights

Call Me Maybe

Lights

Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)

What Makes You Beautiful

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Brokenhearted

Blow Me (One Las Kiss)

Get Lucky

Blurred Lines

Radioactive

Thrift Shop

Royals

Applause

Roar

Wrecking Ball

Come & Get It

Do What U Want

The Monster

Still Into You

Mirrors

Just Give Me A Reason

Locked Out Of Heaven

We Can't Stop

Scream & Shout

I Love It

Hold On, We're Going Home

Happy

Dark Horse

All Of Me

Fancy

Counting Stars

Rude

All About The Bass

Problem

Timber

Shake It Off

Am I Wrong

Say Something

Let It Go

Chandelier

Bang Bang

Black Widow

Habits (Stay High)

Sorry

Lean On

Hello

What Do You Mean?

I Took A Pill In Ibiza

Where Are U Now

Marvin Gaye

Hotline Bling

Can't Feel My Face

See You Again

Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)

Never Forget You

Focus

Cool For The Summer

Good For You

Drag Me Down

Bitch Better Have My Money

Stiches

I Really Like You

Roses

7 Years

Love Myself

Work

Pillowtalk

Work From Home

Don't Let Me Down

Dangerous Woman

Panda 

Formation

No

+++

PunkTheFunk

I have to add though, maybe splitting up our pop culture by decade is becoming useless.

Imo the period from 2000 to 2020 can be split up into multiple periods.

2000-2002: 90's leftovers. When I think of this era I think Britney, Xtina, J-Lo, etc.

tumblr_mp3zz9FhYi1s1z34ho1_500.gif

2003-2008: These are the core years of the 2000s imo. The radio is dominated by R&B and hip-hop. I think Beyonce, Missy Elliott, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey's comeback, etc.

giphy.gif

2008-2013: The GAGA era, because Gaga literally reintroduced everyone to electronic dance music. Other than Gaga's hits, we get electronic-heavy music like "We Found Love", "Gangnam Style", "Party Rock Anthem", "Dynamite" by Taoi Cruz, etc. etc.

tumblr_mh9e30tXIq1s0mwoeo1_500.gif

2013-now: I think the electronic music of the previous era has sort of mellowed. Dance music no longer sounds "harsh" and "in your face" if that makes sense. "I Took A Pill In Ibiza", "Lean On", "What Do You Mean" are all good examples. Music videos (and celebs in general) are a lot more stripped down. Pop-rap a la Drake, Post Malone, etc. dominates the radio. Whereas 2008-2012 was dominated by excess and bright colours, this era's aesthetic seems a lot more laid back and "oh, I'm not wearing clothes? I didn't notice *goes back to sleep*". Bey's Lemonade just furthers this "stripped down, back to basics" aesthetic. This is what the 2010s will be remembered for tbh.

giphy.gif

IF LG5 GOES AS PLANNED: 

2016-2020: Disco-rock music makes a comeback, everyone starts making an effort again; the new aesthetic is being bald because Gaga snatched everyones weaves and the spares they kept under their beds.

tumblr_o2mjpjQHHW1qdmb8eo6_400.gif

Radio Ga Ga
13 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I have to add though, maybe splitting up our pop culture by decade is becoming useless.

Imo the period from 2000 to 2020 can be split up into multiple periods.

2000-2002: 90's leftovers. When I think of this era I think Britney, Xtina, J-Lo, etc.

tumblr_mp3zz9FhYi1s1z34ho1_500.gif

2003-2008: These are the core years of the 2000s imo. The radio is dominated by R&B and hip-hop. I think Beyonce, Missy Elliott, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey's comeback, etc.

giphy.gif

2008-2013: The GAGA era, because Gaga literally reintroduced everyone to electronic dance music. Other than Gaga's hits, we get electronic-heavy music like "We Found Love", "Gangnam Style", "Party Rock Anthem", "Dynamite" by Taoi Cruz, etc. etc.

tumblr_mh9e30tXIq1s0mwoeo1_500.gif

2013-now: I think the electronic music of the previous era has sort of mellowed. Dance music no longer sounds "harsh" and "in your face" if that makes sense. "I Took A Pill In Ibiza", "Lean On", "What Do You Mean" are all good examples. Music videos (and celebs in general) are a lot more stripped down. Pop-rap a la Drake, Post Malone, etc. dominates the radio. Whereas 2008-2012 was dominated by excess and bright colours, this era's aesthetic seems a lot more laid back and "oh, I'm not wearing clothes? I didn't notice *goes back to sleep*". Bey's Lemonade just furthers this "stripped down, back to basics" aesthetic. This is what the 2010s will be remembered for tbh.

giphy.gif

IF LG5 GOES AS PLANNED: 

2016-2020: Disco-rock music makes a comeback, everyone starts making an effort again; the new aesthetic is being bald because Gaga snatched everyones weaves and the spares they kept under their beds.

tumblr_o2mjpjQHHW1qdmb8eo6_400.gif

I like this analysis, but I really hope the last part becomes true

christinahoney

Defining the 2010s?

Uh.... Dark Horse, Blank Space, Diamonds, maybe something like that?

llbcherry

Why is everyone saying "we found love," and I have no idea what that is!?

Archived