💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'Lady Gaga Paid $21,000 By Clinton Campaign'

OMonster

Featured Posts

LebaneseDude
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

And even if your scenario was realistic, which I dispute, what kind of "point" can you have singing a vanilla rendition of Lennon's Imagine :rip: It's pure, unabashed idealism at worst lyrically, and it is literally impossible to connect that to the political reality of Azerbaijan. As you said about Bernie's supporters countless times yourself: "the world isn't that simple". On stage in Russia she provoked and openly called for rebellion and revolution. If you think that compares to taking money from a corrupt government you should criticize, covering someone else's song about world peace, wishing the best for the European Games and leaving the country without having said a word about all the topics that are relevant for her artistic messages, then you have a different standard than me for sure

There is no "point" other than idealism. It's supposed to be an inspirational song, not a call to action.

Your logic falters when you try to play it off as irrelevant. Everything she could do is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Calling boycotts is wonderful but it doesn't actually help people. Being there in person makes it all the impactful.

I'm fairly certain she was not capable of saying anything overtly negative.

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

You're connecting things that you yourself divided earlier. You were talking about creating a dialogue "with the offenders", i.e. Azerbaijan's government and their supporters in the country. Idealism is nice and all but as soon as reality kicks in, it disappears in a hot second and everything is still the way it was. It was lazy for an artist who described her mission like this:

That performance was bland and so was the intention behind it. And the fact that she accepted that much money for it was a disappointment for me, esp. when she didn't even sing one of her own damn songs :air: The song itself urges us to imagine living a life not focused on material wealth, but she flew home in her private jet with a million bucks on her account, money from a government expressig the exact opposite of the song's message.

But again: this Hillary thing is nonsense, clearly illustrated by going to this example which is far worse. Don't make this about me criticizing Gaga, I was defending her from idiots who claim this to be a "sell-out" move. That's nothing compared to what happened last year.

Lots of opinions, many nonsensical.

What was she supposed to travel by caravan? 

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
1 hour ago, LebaneseDude said:

What was she supposed to travel by caravan? 

If you really think I was criticizing her for flying on a private jet- well, nvm, of course you don't. We both think each other's opinions are nonsensical, let's leave it at that.

Whispering
6 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

It's not for Gaga guys, a private performance by Gaga is AT LEAST 1 million $ if not more, this is just for travel costs, hotel stay etc.. And that was demanded by her team lol

The bottom line here!  

I can't believe people actually think you can "hire" Gaga to do a performance for 21,000 dollars. :smh:

Whispering
On May 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM, brendablethyn said:

Disgusting. I am very disappointed in Gaga. Gaga doesn't understand how horrible a Hillary presidency would be. And she obviously hasn't done any research into her past. She probably thinks "Yay, time for a woman!". 

Insulting.

It is sexist and insulting to say that people only support or vote for women because of their gender. Do you support Bernie or Trump just because they are male? You obviously haven't done research of you wouldn't support either of them. You probably think "Yay, let's keep a man in office!". 

Runway

Queen of pop and Queen of politics siding with each other :applause: 

brendablethyn
10 hours ago, Whispering said:

Insulting.

It is sexist and insulting to say that people only support or vote for women because of their gender. Do you support Bernie or Trump just because they are male? You obviously haven't done research of you wouldn't support either of them. You probably think "Yay, let's keep a man in office!". 

Madeleine Albright said there's a special place in hell for women who don't vote for Hillary. 

Whispering
1 hour ago, brendablethyn said:

Madeleine Albright said there's a special place in hell for women who don't vote for Hillary. 

There is a special place in hell for narrow minded people who insult others based on gender, race or sexual orientation. 

Archived