Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna blasts Age Gracefully group

Ciccone Madonna

Featured Posts

Ciccone Madonna
Just now, Spock said:

I am a Madonna stan, she's one of my faves! I just recently changed my avi (from a Madonna one) because I was feeling Mariah and saw her recently :emma:

double edged M(ariah)adonna stan :hor: nice

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKANK
Just now, Didymus said:

What?

And you dared to complain about Ciccone's reply being irrelevant to your post. You've ignored the contents of my posts twice now, so ok, if you can't come up with something better than this, I won't put any effort into it anymore either.

I didn't ignore the content of your post, I just don't subscribe to your world view.

Men are sexually repressed and not entitled to public displays of sexuality in the same way woman are. As a culture we find male sexuality threatening. Female sexuality is an accessory. Our cultures relationship to human sexuality, regardless of gender, is ****ed up. In this one particular case, Madonna can walk the Met Gala red carpet with her ass out without being labeled a sexual predator, her male peers can not. 

2 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Who cares about reactions, female nipple exposure is not allowed in public and is punishable by law in many western countries. A male nipple is considered rated for all content in tv while a female if not rated for 18 and over likely at least 15 and over.

I don't disagree.

I fully support the legalization of public nudity. Regardless of a persons age or gender they should be able to buy a sandwich totally nude.

My original post in this thread about about her using sexism to excuse her inability to evolve as an artist.

Didymus
Just now, SKANK said:

Men are sexually repressed and not entitled to public displays of sexuality in the same way woman are. As a culture we find male sexuality threatening. Female sexuality is an accessory. Our cultures relationship to human sexuality, regardless of gender, is ****ed up. In this one particular case, Madonna can walk the Met Gala red carpet with her ass out without being labeled a sexual predator, her male peers can not.

Makes no sense.

Either you agree that our culture's relationship with sex is ****ed up or you agree with the accusations thrown to Madonna, i.e. that she is too old to dress like this and she is desperate. I don't see how you can combine the two. What does my "worldview" have to do with the fact that Madonna is breaking the idea of female sexuality as an accessory by dressing the way she did and sparking the familiar "dress for your age!" (translation: we don't think you're sexy and we don't wanna see you like this, i.e. her "nudity" [which I still think is a strong word] is seen through a heterosexually normative lens - that to me is not a "worldview" but a fact, despite male sexuality being equally repressed).

Or are you just taking offense with the fact that Madonna connected it to things you felt were exaggerated or inappropriate in that Instagram post? I don't get what exactly your stance is now. You agree that there's a stigma against women who show public displays of sexuality, but you still seem to oppose Madonna dressing the way she did, so what are you saying then?

SKANK
Just now, Didymus said:

Makes no sense.

Either you agree that our culture's relationship with sex is ****ed up or you agree with the accusations thrown to Madonna, i.e. that she is too old to dress like this and she is desperate. I don't see how you can combine the two. What does my "worldview" have to do with the fact that Madonna is breaking the idea of female sexuality as an accessory by dressing the way she did and sparking the familiar "dress for your age!" (translation: we don't think you're sexy and we don't wanna see you like this, i.e. her "nudity" [which I still think is a strong word] is seen through a heterosexually normative lens - that to me is not a "worldview" but a fact, despite male sexuality being equally repressed).

Or are you just taking offense with the fact that Madonna connected it to things you felt were exaggerated or inappropriate in that Instagram post? I don't get what exactly your stance is now. You agree that there's a stigma against women who show public displays of sexuality, but you still seem to oppose Madonna dressing the way she did, so what are you saying then?

You can condemn our culture's backward handling of human sexuality, and find Madonna's approach to sexuality embarrassing. You don't have to chose one or the other. I'm rejecting the way you and Madonna are framing the conversation. Women should own their sexuality. Madonna's expression of sexuality is embarrassing.

Ultimately Madonna ought to have the right to wear, say, and do anything she wants. That doesn't mean what she wears, says, and does ought to be received without criticism.

Iwontell

I think the she didn't even need to write anything...she should have done what she has been doing her whole damn career: do whatever the **** she wants and ppl who feel pressed about it can **** themselves...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Prismatic
31 minutes ago, Spock said:

I am a Madonna stan, she's one of my faves! I just recently changed my avi (from a Madonna one) because I was feeling Mariah and saw her recently :emma:

I don't know why but I kiied a little at this, lol.

Seems like defending yourself is the thing. Laggj4w.png

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Hell ****ing no.

But again, you're ignoring the very different function men and women are already expected to perform in public: women always have their ****ing tits and/or ass out on a red carpet, though it just needs to look like it wasn't intentional. Women are always expected to show off their assets while men never are. That's the entire point.

However, Madonna's point is not to be sexy, it's to own her body her own way, to show what she wants to show and to stop catering to a male gaze internalized by everyone flipping through the magazines: tits, tits, tits, ass, tits, OMG WHAT IS MADONNA WEARING SHE'S TOO OLD WHAT IS THIS EW SO DESPERATE! (just for actually being up front about the fact that she's showing off her tits and ass)

The scenario of what would happen if a man did it in public is simply 100% irrelevant since men aren't expected to be sexual at all on a red carpet. Yet women always are. Yet they can never completely have their own point of view towards their body or they get called out. This is a dynamic seen throughout Madonna's entire career, so I really don't understand why everyone's pretending she finally deserved the 1000th attack on her about the exact same issue.

That's possible, but again: that's ignoring the double standard that's already inherent in public displays of male and female nudity. I don't know if I can make you see that but.. anyway.

I'm sorry, but who made women wear skimpy clothing on the red carpet? Oh right... Women.

There are plenty of women who don't show any cleavage or a body-tight dresses and they're equally celebrated. Showing your tits and a** on a red carpet is just a lazy way for women to get attention rather than wearing something impressive and creative.

The rest of your argument isn't coherent or valid enough to earn a response.

androiduser

she's not criticized for her great shows, she's not criticized for her quality new songs, all of that is praised by the media,she's criticized for an ugly vulgar dress. there is no political issue here. Anyone wearing that mess would be ridiculed, let alone a fashion icon.

PopBitch
6 hours ago, Ronlop said:

Why compare though? That's not even the subject. No one is saying Lady Gaga is not all of those things Madonna is. 

What I'm saying is that you're not changing the world by showing tits and ass at events. I can get the idea behind it but it seems like Madonna is only interested in fighting for women above a certain age to show their sexuality. There are by far more important things to fight for women and I don't even recall Madonna mentioning them :rip: 

Sexuality comes in different ways. It's not just walking half naked, that's actually a shallow way to look at it. 

I appreciate her efforts but the whole "fight with me. we're changing the world. Show your tits and ass" thing is getting a little cringey. Not because she isn't allowed to wear what she wants. It's simply because it's not doing much.

I get that for the last 20 years Madonna has been called old, give it up, etc.  And I love how she rocks her concerts and is fearless on stage.   But showing her tits and ass at the Met Ball proves what?  You can be sexy and sexual in many ways, and actually be far sexier than Madonna looking like Baby Jane with her face melting from so much filler and botox on her face and ass hanging out.

Madonna in her 40s.before her face cheek implants at age 46 below.

Madonna over 12 years later can still look this hot and she would be considered f'vckable and sexy.  I think there are all ways to be a sexual being at her age in really hot clothes, low cut dresses, etc., or just looking effortless in tight jeans and a t-shirt and boots, not frumpy mom jeans, without resorting to outfits that prove nothing.    

I felt at the Met Ball she looked like a caricature of herself.  Madonna even from 40 on was sexy just because of her confidence and air about her, irreverent, and hot body.  She didn't have to wear anything to prove it.  The other clip is Madonna at 40 with straight black hair and just a leather jacket.  Nothing provacative, but I found her so sexy. I always think if she hadn't put all those fillers in her face and did minimal work on her face and rocked different hair like the dark hair, that's a woman who is still sexy and vital and not the norm of an older woman in her 50s. And Madonna could have been that woman. But she got divorced at 50 and did all kinds of plastic surgery and just started making crappy music and acting desperate.

PopBitch
7 minutes ago, Bio said:

Not sure if sexism apply here but she's damn right about ageism.

She's right about ageism, and it's been going on for almost two decades for Madonna, but Madonna's sexiness has always been that she was a bad ass, almost a male quality to her mixed with her femininity.  It's what draws you into Madonna so much. She's a force.   But I found the Met ball embarrassing, not empowering for showing a woman sexy at her age.  She just looked silly.

She could have rocked a dress like this and showed all the losers that she's beyond hot as hell.

RadioIsOurs

This isn't even about sexism! People will also judge 60 year-old men for expressing their sexuality. Hell, men can't even wear skirts and thongs like she can. So what the hell is she complaining about? :saladga:

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Betty White serves more sex than her

Ray of Light

But I love Oldonna! Her delicious gifs have been the peak of her career for the past 10 years 

hGiPClk.gif

Archived