Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

Various Emmy predictions - American Horror Story and Lady Gaga

Bradley

Featured Posts

freebit
On 5/4/2016 at 6:40 PM, Yves said:

:rip:

Her win was because of the show's already established, and she's a newcomer. To be frank, it was a pity win. Thank God the Emmys aren't like the Golden Globes.

No, a pity win would be if a person was Susan Lucci-ed and they finally gave them an award. And all awards are accused of being "shams" by someone for various reasonsso at the root of it, they're not all that different. Also why are you so damn salty she won the GG? lol 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yves
7 minutes ago, freebit said:

No, a pity win would be if a person was Susan Lucci-ed and they finally gave them an award. And all awards are accused of being "shams" by someone for various reasonsso at the root of it, they're not all that different. Also why are you so damn salty she won the GG? lol 

There are better candidates who should've won. LOL.

On 04 май 2016 г. at 2:40 AM, Yves said:

:rip:

Her win was because of the show's already established, and she's a newcomer. To be frank, it was a pity win. Thank God the Emmys aren't like the Golden Globes.

That's subjective and you sound so bitter as if she won instead of you.:toofunny:There's no way any award show can even nominate all the actors/singers/movies ect. that deserve it let alone give them an award.

Yves
1 hour ago, teo said:

That's subjective and you sound so bitter as if she won instead of you.:toofunny:There's no way any award show can even nominate all the actors/singers/movies ect. that deserve it let alone give them an award.

All I'm saying is that there are better candidates and it's pretty fishy that she won. The Golden Globes aren't like the Emmys. I've read in an article that they only voted for her because she's a newcomer and the show likes newcomers. They want her at the award show to get in viewers. The media questioned even her nomination. LOL.

I removed my stan goggles. I know what's good acting, so-so acting, and bad acting.

54 minutes ago, Yves said:

All I'm saying is that there are better candidates and it's pretty fishy that she won. The Golden Globes aren't like the Emmys. I've read in an article that they only voted for her because she's a newcomer and the show likes newcomers. They want her at the award show to get in viewers. The media questioned even her nomination. LOL.

I removed my stan goggles. I know what's good acting, so-so acting, and bad acting.

I've read a lot of articles before and after the show that said she totally deserved it. Just because you think she was bad doesn't mean that everyone sees it this way. It almost never happens that something is both popular and universally acclaimed so these award shows look for a combination of both. And I would love to know how do you pick the "better candidates" cause as I said this is very subjective it's not like sports where you can measure or count who the winner is.

Yves
2 hours ago, teo said:

I've read a lot of articles before and after the show that said she totally deserved it. Just because you think she was bad doesn't mean that everyone sees it this way. It almost never happens that something is both popular and universally acclaimed so these award shows look for a combination of both. And I would love to know how do you pick the "better candidates" cause as I said this is very subjective it's not like sports where you can measure or count who the winner is.

Let me copy-paste some articles. These are their predictions on Gaga's category.

The Wrap:

"Who Will Win: Never mind the fact that her performance was, at best, serviceable. The allure of a Lady Gaga acceptance speech will be too much for Globes voters to withstand.
Who Should Win: Fargo was crammed full of fantastic work by fantastic actors, none more impressive than Dunst, who made a deft career move by signing on for the second season of the Noah Hawley anthology.
"

TIME:

"Kirsten Dunst’s comeback has begun. She stands to beat odds-on favorite Lady Gaga with one of the most compelling performances of the year as the underestimated Peggy."

The Guardian:

"Will win: Lady Gaga. Should win: Kirsten Dunst"

New York Daily News:

"Why she should win: The winner should be Queen Latifah, she’s amazing in HBO’s “Bessie.” But given how much better it will look for the HFPA if Lady Gaga wins, we’re betting on the pop star."

And many other articles. Dunst was the choice of the majority. Gaga was a choice of some because she's a popstar who attempted to go to foreign territory. They basically voted for 'cause it will look good for the HFPA.

And lastly, this tweet that was deleted:

"Talked to two Golden Globes voters who said they've never seen AMERICAN HORROR STORY but were voting for Lady Gaga because "you know...""

I'm just saying it. Kirsten Dunst is the better candidate and deserved to win but because of the ratings, to quote them, "you know..."

3 hours ago, Yves said:

Let me copy-paste some articles. These are their predictions on Gaga's category.

The Wrap:

"Who Will Win: Never mind the fact that her performance was, at best, serviceable. The allure of a Lady Gaga acceptance speech will be too much for Globes voters to withstand.
Who Should Win: Fargo was crammed full of fantastic work by fantastic actors, none more impressive than Dunst, who made a deft career move by signing on for the second season of the Noah Hawley anthology.
"

TIME:

"Kirsten Dunst’s comeback has begun. She stands to beat odds-on favorite Lady Gaga with one of the most compelling performances of the year as the underestimated Peggy."

The Guardian:

"Will win: Lady Gaga. Should win: Kirsten Dunst"

New York Daily News:

"Why she should win: The winner should be Queen Latifah, she’s amazing in HBO’s “Bessie.” But given how much better it will look for the HFPA if Lady Gaga wins, we’re betting on the pop star."

And many other articles. Dunst was the choice of the majority. Gaga was a choice of some because she's a popstar who attempted to go to foreign territory. They basically voted for 'cause it will look good for the HFPA.

And lastly, this tweet that was deleted:

"Talked to two Golden Globes voters who said they've never seen AMERICAN HORROR STORY but were voting for Lady Gaga because "you know...""

I'm just saying it. Kirsten Dunst is the better candidate and deserved to win but because of the ratings, to quote them, "you know..."

Oh, please Kirsten Dunst for that super boring show nobody watches.:toofunny:Have you even seen it? But if the tweet says so...:derpga:Anyway I don't want to argue, you do you and I'll do me.

ARTPOPNick
17 minutes ago, teo said:

Oh, please Kirsten Dunst for that super boring show nobody watches.:toofunny:Have you even seen it? But if the tweet says so...:derpga:Anyway I don't want to argue, you do you and I'll do me.

What he means is that what happened to gaga at the GG is what happened to Sam Smith at the Oscars.. They werent the best nominee , but they won.. Case closed

LetsGetHigh
38 minutes ago, ARTPOPNick said:

What he means is that what happened to gaga at the GG is what happened to Sam Smith at the Oscars.. They werent the best nominee , but they won.. Case closed

Isn't it all subjective, though? I understand Gaga didn't deserve her GG win but it's still all subjective, there's no 'best nominee.'

Bear

I'm surprised he is even a long shot, I'm hoping Wes Bentley won't win :emma: The role was terrible and the acting wasn't that great either.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Hooker said:

I'm surprised he is even a long shot, I'm hoping Wes Bentley won't win :emma: The role was terrible and the acting wasn't that great either.

I'm surprised Matt Bomer is considered a lead actor, I thought he was a supporting.

I don't think he deserves to win with Donovan but I think he can do better, I hope he returns to season six and utilise his acting better.

Yves
1 hour ago, teo said:

They don't give nominations and awards for views, child. Do The Flash and Supergirl given nominations? They have plenty of viewers.

Your blind stanning is just :rip:. I like Gaga, please. But her winning was just not deserving. 

Obviously, you don't have any ammo left cause you resort to the number of viewers of the show. 

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 hour ago, ARTPOPNick said:

Exactly. Thank you.

29 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Isn't it all subjective, though? I understand Gaga didn't deserve her GG win but it's still all subjective, there's no 'best nominee.'

Majority of the critics seem to agree that Dunst should've won. But sure.

21 minutes ago, Hooker said:

He won't win. LOL. 

His role of Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games > John.

14 minutes ago, Yves said:

They don't give nominations and awards for views, child. Do The Flash and Supergirl given nominations? They have plenty of viewers.

Your blind stanning is just :rip:. I like Gaga, please. But her winning was just not deserving. 

Obviously, you don't have any ammo left cause you resort to the number of viewers of the show. 

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Exactly. Thank you.

Majority of the critics seem to agree that Dunst should've won. But sure.

He won't win. LOL. 

His role of Seneca Crane in The Hunger Games > John.

Than why did The Revenant won over Spotlight at the Globes and lose the Oscar to it? All I'm saying is every nominee is good enough and wins are subjective but you're too concerned with being the edgy "I'm not delusional" fan to get it. And please popularity always plays a part in these award shows there are so many amazing movies that go unnoticed every year just because this or that critic didn't pay attention to them. So stop acting like you know better than everyone just because you're branding yourself as the unbiased stan...

Yves
28 minutes ago, teo said:

Than why did The Revenant won over Spotlight at the Globes and lose the Oscar to it? All I'm saying is every nominee is good enough and wins are subjective but you're too concerned with being the edgy "I'm not delusional" fan to get it. And please popularity always plays a part in these award shows there are so many amazing movies that go unnoticed every year just because this or that critic didn't pay attention to them. So stop acting like you know better than everyone just because you're branding yourself as the unbiased stan...

Mmkay, bro.

Bradley

The expert who updated in May removed Gaga from his prediction. :saladga:

Hopefully Gaga realises that she needs to do even better in the next season.

Archived