đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga had bigger peak than Britney and Beyonce

Quark

Featured Posts

Bradley
35 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Also, I can't help but cringe when people refer to Gaga's "peak". She had an explosive debut, absolutely, but after only a few years her success took a massive nosedive, so I feel like it's kind of idiotic to posit her peak against artists who have managed to sustain possibly lower levels of success, but far longer.

Cheek to Cheek was a failure?

lady-gaga-golden-globes-11016.jpg

lady-gaga-fans-are-freaking-out-about-he

Were these not success?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Her peak is not even a peak considering other people are outdoing her in several aspects.

I'm not even gonna start about how this isn't exactly true 'cause I don't want another pack of "you're hating on Gaga and being biased towards Beyoncé" people on my back again.

But the same claim can easily be made about Gaga. She doesn't have the most sales, doesn't have the most acclaim, doesn't have the highest grossing tours, doesn't have the biggest net worth, doesn't have the most admirable accolades,...

I naturally don't give a **** about that, but just letting you know. If Beyoncé's peak right now is not a peak then Gaga's peak probably wasn't one either.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I'm not even gonna start about how this isn't exactly true 'cause I don't want another pack of "you're hating on Gaga and being biased towards Beyoncé" people on my back again.

But the same claim can easily be made about Gaga. She doesn't have the most sales, doesn't have the most acclaim, doesn't have the highest grossing tours, doesn't have the biggest net worth, doesn't have the most admirable accolades,...

I naturally don't give a **** about that, but just letting you know. If Beyoncé's peak right now is not a peak then Gaga's peak probably wasn't one either.

Gaga did have the most everything at least during peak. Beyonce not so much.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

Cheek to Cheek was a failure?

I don't consider a Golden Globe a success. And before you start attacking me on that, I have never stopped dragging that award show for giving an award to Madonna for Evita, so I'm not being biased here. That award show is a laughing stock.

I don't see how Cheek to Cheek is relevant here tbh. It was a fantastic project with huge amounts of promo, but does it increase her competitive edge towards her competition? Nope. And competition is what this thread is about.

Bradley
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

No, you said 'a nosedive in success', so Cheek to Cheek is relevant to your statement.

Just because I only brought up the Golden Globe does not mean these don't exist:

lady-gaga-super-bowl-50-620x413.jpg

37ef710c0d780aaeac59dea807aeefa62e02864c

+ nomination and we know how the public reacted to Sam's win

Lady-Gaga-wins-at-2015-Grammy-Awards-7.j

lady-gaga.jpg

lady-gaga-women-in-music-woman-of-the-ye

So these constitute 'a nosedive in success'?

Teri Hatcher

What do you expect? Britney isn't even talented. She cant sing, she lip syncs, she's rude to her fans, etc. Hope her next album flops again

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

No, you said 'a nosedive in success'

You know what, I wrote an entire reply to that but what's the point. I recognize the dynamic from the other thread. Once again you zoomed in on a sentence and you didn't reply to the post as a whole. It wasn't about whether or not Gaga's successful right now, it's about a dynamic I see in here of people using Gaga's peak to prove she's bigger than other artists, even though, quite frankly, she can't compete with them right now. And no, a Woman of the Year award that was given to her by Billboard for a couple of reasons among which was: "Because she got engaged to Taylor Kinney" is not a good counterargument, nor are achievements related to a single that was about charity and not about Gaga's relevance on a competitive level. And I don't give a **** about Grammy's either, and honestly, I'm surprised anyone still does after they almost crowned the worst pop album of 2010, Teenage Dream, as the Album of the Year.

If all you can do is count some awards to prove Gaga's still successful on the level her competition is reaching, well, go ahead, but I find that evasions of a very simple observation. Some of her competitors are enjoying rising commercial success on all levels while Gaga is not. The end.

We'll be able to talk again with LG5.

#musicnotthebling

keith ink
1 hour ago, Bloody said:

Longetivity is what matters the most in the long run.

Longevity means you're still here STILL waiting for her LGfcking5

keith ink
21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

You know what, I wrote an entire reply to that but what's the point. I recognize the dynamic from the other thread. Once again you zoomed in on a sentence and you didn't reply to the post as a whole. It wasn't about whether or not Gaga's successful right now, it's about a dynamic I see in here of people using Gaga's peak to prove she's bigger than other artists, even though, quite frankly, she can't compete with them right now. And no, a Woman of the Year award that was given to her by Billboard for a couple of reasons among which was: "Because she got engaged to Taylor Kinney" is not a good counterargument, nor are achievements related to a single that was about charity and not about Gaga's relevance on a competitive level. And I don't give a **** about Grammy's either, and honestly, I'm surprised anyone still does after they almost crowned the worst pop album of 2010, Teenage Dream, as the Album of the Year.

If all you can do is count some awards to prove Gaga's still successful on the level her competition is reaching, well, go ahead, but I find that evasions of a very simple observation. Some of her competitors are enjoying rising commercial success on all levels while Gaga is not. The end.

We'll be able to talk again with LG5.

#musicnotthebling

Thats because she hasnt released an album in the last three years and if she even did she would flop. She needed the long break to come up with a well thought of and cohesive pop album and to rebrand herself and to somehow gain new fans

Bradley
56 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I know my evidence of Gaga's success is irrelevant to the OP but the fact that you made a false statement irks me. Those were considered as success, whether or not I zoom in on one sentence or not, that statement of yours I underlined was falsely made.

You too zoomed in on one sentence - 'Taylor Kinney', when in fact Billboard gave her that award for other reasons as well. Oh no she is able to compete with them, 2015 and early 2016 happened without an album. And no THEY can't compete with Gaga in terms of vocal abilities and the raw acclaim given to her for her vocals, involvement in social issues and huge awards she garnered, she gave birth to that streak without a pop release. Lol sorry if this sounds harsh but your egotistical self thinks your opinion prevails over the Grammy voters' and ours. Teenage Dream deserves the nomination and I'm not even a Katy Perry fan. Your 'XXX are not good arguments' are quite subjective anyway, they come solely from your mind and not based on common grounds that people generally agree to. And I can't believe you just disregarded TIHTY's contribution towards the cause. Success comes in many forms, not just being able to compete on charts or radios, hell I wouldn't call those 'her success took a massive nosedive'.

She's just paving her path to an even greater legacy. And yes she is still successful. I doubt her rivals could achieve Gaga's 2015 and 2016 without a pop release.

keith ink
53 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't consider a Golden Globe a success. And before you start attacking me on that, I have never stopped dragging that award show for giving an award to Madonna for Evita, so I'm not being biased here. That award show is a laughing stock.

I don't see how Cheek to Cheek is relevant here tbh. It was a fantastic project with huge amounts of promo, but does it increase her competitive edge towards her competition? Nope. And competition is what this thread is about.

LMFAO do you really expect a jazz album to compete with a more modern, more gp relatable album of her contemporaries? You clearly do not understand the reason for C2C and her pop break since 2014

Didymus
6 minutes ago, keith ink said:

LMFAO do you really expect a jazz album to compete with a more modern, more gp relatable album of her contemporaries? You clearly do not understand the reason for C2C and her pop break since 2014

I don't, which is why I didn't include it in my reasonings and which is why I rejected the idea that it was relevant to begin with - the claim made by Tom Hardy.

Didymus
46 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

I know my evidence of Gaga's success is irrelevant to the OP but the fact that you made a false statement irks me. Those were considered as success, whether or not I zoom in on one sentence or not, that statement of yours I underlined was falsely made.

Who cares honestly. Every one should know what I meant with that statement. Her album sales sank like a brick and her tour couldn't even compete with Katy Perry. Sorry, but that's enough for me to qualify it as a nosedive and that's just final for me. She has done nothing in her C2C era to remedy that fall from global icon grace (nor did I EXPECT her to!!!!) indefinitely, which is why I don't find it relevant to mention. Everyone knows she has to prove herself again with LG5, which is why I won't call her a huge competitive force until we've seen her back in action in the field.

And no THEY can't compete with Gaga in terms of vocal abilities and the raw acclaim given to her for her vocals, involvement in social issues and huge awards she garnered, she gave birth to that streak without a pop release.

But.. :rip: Again, that's not what this thread is about. This isn't about subjective success, it's about quantifiable one. Which I don't even think is important, which you should know, so I don't get why you're pretending that I care about who has the most awards. You can conjure up a list of every one of Gaga's competitors like that, like how Rihanna broke a Michael Jackson's record with Work and the three Grammy's Beyoncé won in 2014 or how she won the Video Vanguard award for the album. It's true that Gaga didn't win an award with a pop release, but then again, she didn't get any pop-related awards either :flop: So what point does that prove exactly?

Lol sorry if this sounds harsh but your egotistical self thinks your opinion prevails over the Grammy voters' and ours. Teenage Dream deserves the nomination and I'm not even a Katy Perry fan. Your 'XXX are not good arguments' are quite subjective anyway, they come solely from your mind and not based on common grounds that people generally agree to.

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

You think Teenage Dream deserved a nomination as ALBUM OF THE YEAR? Read carefully: not even pop vocal album, but ALBUM of the year? :air: It was the worst reviewed mainstream pop album in like three years :air: I'm sorry but if you're gonna demand me to take that nomination seriously then I am officially not gonna care about any of your opinions from this point onwards. You just wanna give her that nomination because it was so successful? :rip: Ridiculous.

And I can't believe you just disregarded TIHTY's contribution towards the cause.

And actually I didn't. I implied it was disrespectful to mention her performance at the Oscars as if it meant little more than her having important screen time on tv. That single on this forum has been far too wedded to its commercial/awards performance and I'm sick of it. The cause was more important than the ****ing Oscar win.

Success comes in many forms, not just being able to compete on charts or radios, hell I wouldn't call those 'her success took a massive nosedive'.

Who cares, that's not the type of success we're talking about here. This isn't even about now, this is about Gaga's peak from 2008-2011 :rip: Compared to her level of success then, yeah, I do choose the word nosedive and I'm not gonna change my mind :emma: Sorry if that seems stubborn to you, but whatever, I don't think that's disrespectful towards Gaga (because indeed, there are more forms of success than commercial ones) so I don't feel the need to apologize for it.

You didn't ask what I meant with the term "success" so you can't start to attack me for it now either. You, again, assumed what I meant and are now calling me egotistic even though you didn't even try to get what I was saying before you went all Ramsay on my ass again.

So can you please end your series of off-topic attacks towards me it's getting really annoying. If next time you see something that's false in one of my posts that's not on-topic to reply to, don't reply to it or just do it somewhere else. Stop this madness.

Archived