Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is a bigger Superstar? Gaga or Beyonce?

monstereo

Who is the bigger Superstar?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger Superstar?

• Lady Gaga
    • Beyonce

Featured Posts

Bradley
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

that's one hell of a reply, I'm going out and I haven't studied whole day. :air:

I'll reply you later. :chica:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
12 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

Are you really saying the 4 era slayed the Born This Way era? I don't know where do you live, but in 2011 you must have lived in a cave. Born This Way's era is light years ahead of the 4 era, popularity wise and impact wise.

No..

If you read my reply properly, I said that if you made this exact thread in 2011/12 on this forum, the results probably wouldn't have changed so much. That was in response to Tom Hardy's post specifically, so don't read it as a general statement.

Ciccone Madonna
4 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

So that means Mariah is B list singer compared to Madonna? :air:

no. I am just trying to point out that when someone is talking about A list artist he is talking about popularity overall. Go check You Tube Spotify etc. A list artists today are Rihanna(10 years of hits and longevity) Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift. Thats what the music industry calls A list artist. Gaga didn t debuted in the 80s or in 50s like Tony you know. She came to the scene in 2008, the same year or after some of today s A list artists.

luckythisway
1 hour ago, cpro said:

Gaga. At the moment it's bey but Gaga's peak of superstardom was unmatched by anyone in the last 2 decades, so overall I'd give it to Gaga

the thing is.... Bey doesn't have a peak. Sure, Gaga's was the biggest since Britney. But Bey's so consistent, even tho she follows trends and is not always the most talked about artist. She's always there even when she never is. The same can't be said for Gaga. 

CHROMATICA

Yanko
14 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Beyonce may be bigger, but Gaga is definitely more involved with her work. And that's why Gaga earns so much respect. A list queen superstar Lady Gaga. default_oprah133.gif

bey is 10x more respected than gaga

Hmm, there's ofly lot of unnecessary bashing going on here...

But to answer, hands down Beyonce. Not even a question. The true broad gp hasn't been ALL that interested in Gaga in years and basicly Gaga hasn't slayed in years either. Shes just kind of there fading... Lg5 May change that ofcourse. But easily Beyoncé is The bigger known Star out of them two who The public are interested in (even when not releasing) . 

RAMROD

It is unfair polling though.

Beyoncé have been around for a minute now, of course she is much more popular than Gaga.

Either people know Bey from DC or from her own solo works, doesn't matter, but they do know her, and her voice.

Gaga is famous on her own right, but she is have her own quality that to some people might be deterrent, things like this is not existant with Bey, so people liked her more, they way people did to Rihanna, plus they're hot to straight boys.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Didymus
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is unfair polling though.

Why do people keep bringing this up? It's just a term :air: The question is not about who's better. It's a very simple question. Fairness has nothing to do with it. You can be the biggest superstar without having the best music, just like you can be some random artist that will never be famous yet will have better quality of work compared to the biggest.

Y'all do the most not to admit that there are people who excel on certain irrelevant levels compared to Gaga.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Why do people keep bringing this up? It's just a term :air: The question is not about who's better. It's a very simple question. Fairness has nothing to do with it. You can be the biggest superstar without having the best music, just like you can be some random artist that will never be famous yet will have better quality of work compared to the biggest.

Y'all do the most not to admit that there are people who excel on certain irrelevant levels compared to Gaga.

Because generation gap, that's why. Someone who's in the business for a longer time will always be the first person in mind then the new comers by either telling themselves there's the young version of this senior singers, proving the fact it is unfair, it is like people comparing you with your more succesful older siblings. 

Also your second part of thebreply does not apply to me. So I don't have to respond to that.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Didymus
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Because generation gap, that's why. Someone who's in the business for a longer time will always be the first person in mind then the new comers by either telling themselves there's the young version of this senior singers, proving the fact it is unfair, it is like people comparing you with your more succesful older siblings. 

Don't agree with that at all. You don't think Gaga would have more chance at winning this poll if we were in 2009 or 2010? I reckon a lot of non-fans would think Gaga was the bigger superstar for various reasons, despite her being a new artist.

Just like I don't believe that Whitney Houston or even Madonna would come to mind first if you would ask someone random who the biggest superstar was. Madonna's even still making music, yet I know she would come to mind far later than Katy Perry and Taylor Swift rn.

Also: I don't like that argument because it dismisses the possibility that newer generations are enjoying Beyoncé as well. The idea that she's only getting mentioned because we have more memories of her (which is not even necessarily true) is just a lame denial of her enduring commercial relevance.

Like, imagine if Beyoncé came on the scene in 2008 with I Am... Sasha Fierce. You don't think she'd have an equal chance at winning this same poll in 2016 with everything she's done? Sure, she has her old hits with Destiny's Child, but you know damn well that the first songs that would come to mind to any teenager would be Single Ladies, Halo, Irreplaceable etc., all tracks from 2006 onwards with only a few hits like Crazy in Love from earlier. So no, I don't think that's a valid argument at all.

Hyperballad

Wow Beyonce is winning on GAGA daily 

GAGA 

GAGA 

GAGA 

GAGA 

GAAHHGGAAA 

GAAAHHGGAAA 

GGGAAAAAAAGGGGAAAAAAA! 

Archived