💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is a bigger Superstar? Gaga or Beyonce?

monstereo

Who is the bigger Superstar?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the bigger Superstar?

• Lady Gaga
    • Beyonce

Featured Posts

iCpro
47 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Don't even gurl :chica:

vs.

:unicorn:

So you compared a 2 minute performance that would have been rehearsed for months, with a 2+ hour show that had to be performed every night for a year. seems fair :emma:

EDIT: Try this one :hor:

EDIT 2: I just noticed chris martin's face in that thumbnail :toofunny::air:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ciccone Madonna

Album sales in Us since 2008(gaga debut)

The Fame:4,600,000

TFM:1,600,000

BTW:2,300,000

ARTPOP:750,000

CTC:730,000

Total:9,980,000

Beyonce sales in Us since 2008

Sasha Fierce:3,200,000

4:1,500,000

Beyonce:2,300,000

Lemonade 600,000(just released)

Total: 7,600,000(16,000,000 counting all main US album release since Dangerously in Love 2003)

You Tube Beyonce wins (5,157,000,000 views vs3,724,415,916 views)

Spotify Beyonce wins by a huge difference even though her latest release isn t available there.

Instagram Beyonce wins (70,000,000 millions followers vd 16,000,000 followers.)

Facebook Beyonce wins by a small number

Twitter Gaga wins(Beyonce doesn log in that. She used it only for Lemonade since 2013.)

CakeLikeLG

Bey, but Gaga can still repeak later in her career

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

at the moment, it's Beyonce. 

Gaga used to be bigger than her in 2010-2013 before self-titled album was released. in 2008-2009 they were kinda even. 

I don't mind good sis Beyonce having all the success in the world and slaying lessors, but I still want Gaga to rule pop music again :sis:

æœˆă«ă‹ă‚ăŁăŠă€ăŠă—ăŠăă‚ˆïŒđŸŒ™

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I don't get that. I know for a fact many people would've said Gaga was the bigger superstar (even non-fans) if someone asked them in 2008-09, maybe even 10. So it has nothing to do with who's in the business longer.

If you made this thread a year ago you'd get the exact same comments. Basically you'd get the same comments in every year since the BTW era. And don't give me the "no, in BTW she would succeed" 'cause in 2011-12 everyone here hated everything about that era while Bey was slaying with 4 (not album/single wise but live wise and in terms of people talking about her). The magical change of this forum's stance towards BTW is very amusing and worthy to talk about, but let's not get off-topic :unicorn:

To be considered a huge artist, I don't think your method of assessment is fair at all. You have to take into account what the artist has achieved overall in his/her entire career. Of course I would consider the achievements that Beyonce has garnered for decades and Gaga for her eight years in the business, the length of one's career does matter, and I don't get how you can render it unimportant. Just because Katy Perry's not releasing an album now doesn't mean she's irrelevant, artists take time to release music and the blackouts in between make these artists look 'irrelevant' when in fact they simply have different times of activity.

Lol I love 4 and Beyonce but no, don't call me biased, I'm trying very hard to be rational here but the Born This Way era was massively huge, 4 was no match for it. Born This Way garnered an Album of the Year (and Best Pop Vocal Album) nomination, 4 didn't. Born This Way was #3 on the YEAR END list chart of Billboard 200 and debuted with 1 million copies (yes it was discounted but still those were concrete copies sold) I mean yeah 4 had good performances, but why does GGD's opinion matter when we have the world's? How was Born This Way a heavily hated album generally speaking? Not to mention the live performances were praised too (how did you come to the conclusion that Gaga looks ridiculous on tour?), especially the Born This Way Ball.

Btw if we're talking about who's a bigger artist in 2011, 4's sales and success need to be taken into consideration. (you disregarded it)

Enhsa
17 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

I hate these threads, they're just used to talk **** about Gaga. :madge:

this, it's an opportunity for UGHs to to talk **** about Gaga

OT : Gaga had bigger impact, Beyonce has a bigger career.
Beyonce have an album out, at least wait for Gaga to have album out

M I M I Z

giphy.gif

QUEEN B of course 

I'm a Gaga fan but I'm gonna be honest gaga is no longer considered A listed singer

Ciccone Madonna
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

To be considered a huge artist, I don't think your method of assessment is fair at all. You have to take into account what the artist has achieved overall in his/her entire career. Of course I would consider the achievements that Beyonce has garnered for decades and Gaga for her eight years in the business, the length of one's career does matter, and I don't get how you can render it unimportant. Just because Katy Perry's not releasing an album now doesn't mean she's irrelevant, artists take time to release music and the blackouts in between make these artists look 'irrelevant' when in fact they simply have different times of activity.

Lol I love 4 and Beyonce but no, don't call me biased, I'm trying very hard to be rational here but the Born This Way era was massively huge, 4 was no match for it. Born This Way garnered an Album of the Year (and Best Pop Vocal Album) nomination, 4 didn't. Born This Way was #3 on the YEAR END list chart of Billboard 200 and debuted with 1 million copies (yes it was discounted but still those were concrete copies sold) I mean yeah 4 had good performances, but why does GGD's opinion matter when we have the world's? How was Born This Way a heavily hated album generally speaking? Not to mention the live performances were praised too (how did you come to the conclusion that Gaga looks ridiculous on tour?), especially the Born This Way Ball.

Btw if we're talking about who's a bigger artist in 2011, 4's sales and success need to be taken into consideration. (you disregarded it)

well, but we live almost in May 2016. Beyonce overall has more longevity in her career something that is rare for a female artist lately(Britney flopped big time even though came to the scene in the same time as Beyonce) and her albums are the definition of slow grower and are not frontloaded. 4 debuted with 300,000 first week and reached 1,500,000. It was a success. And her whole discography is multi-platinum expect 4 which is just platinum.

Bradley
14 minutes ago, M I M I Z said:

giphy.gif

QUEEN B of course 

I'm a Gaga fan but I'm gonna be honest gaga is no longer considered A listed singer

Beyonce is bigger, I agree but no Gaga is still A-list after 2015's reinvention. :air:

Are you guys only considering the commercial success of one artist when determining whether or not she's huge? I mean what about the awards Gaga won :rip:

not to mention the acclaim of her performances (Oscars, Grammys, Superbowl, etc.)

and diversity, Gaga's wonderful role in American Horror Story?

SlayGagaloo
1 hour ago, M I M I Z said:

giphy.gif

QUEEN B of course 

Are you fvcking stupid? 

Don't answer that... I will... YES 

Over.

SlayGagaloo

Another let's talk **** about Gaga thread lol right before her new album. 

OT: It's Bey, but that doesn't mean you have to talk **** about Gaga 

Over.

Ciccone Madonna
16 minutes ago, Tom Hardy said:

Beyonce is bigger, I agree but no Gaga is still A-list after 2015's reinvention. :air:

Are you guys only considering the commercial success of one artist when determining whether or not she's huge? I mean what about the awards Gaga won :rip:

not to mention the acclaim of her performances (Oscars, Grammys, Superbowl, etc.)

an A list artist is a popular artist. Christina Aguilera has more streams on Spotify than Gaga lately:emma:

Didymus
17 minutes ago, cpro said:

So you compared a 2 minute performance that would have been rehearsed for months, with a 2+ hour show that had to be performed every night for a year. seems fair :emma:

I don't get it.

Wasn't the Judas choreo rehearsed for months? :unicorn: It's the exact same one as she does in the video so technically she would've already rehearsed this for over a year if you want to get specific.

Have you not seen Bey's tours? I guess that's a possibility. But her dancing and singing stays phenomenal and energetic until the very end. I just used the Superbowl 'cause that was the first performance with impressive dancing that came to mind.

But I guess to properly respond: here's a video of the second to last performance of Beyoncé's 2009-10 tour.

Bey did 108 shows for this tour and performed this every night, among other dance-heavy numbers.

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

well, but we live almost in May 2016. Beyonce overall has more longevity in her career something that is rare for a female artist lately(Britney flopped big time even though came to the scene in the same time as Beyonce) and her albums are the definition of slow grower and are not frontloaded. 4 debuted with 300,000 first week and reached 1,500,000. It was a success. And her whole discography is multi-platinum expect 4 which is just platinum.

Yeah I never said 4 was a huge flop, 4 was still successful to a certain extent. I was just saying Born This Way was bigger than 4, don't get me wrong I'm not a Beyonce hater. :rip:

Like I said, Gaga has only been in the business for 8 years and Beyonce decades. Gaga doesn't seem to lack longevity though, I'm not saying she can be as successful as Beyonce is when Gaga's in her 15th year of career, that's something we don't know but she spent time in Cheek to Cheek (which outsells some pop artists' mainstream release), American Horror Story and performing at high profile award shows, so I wouldn't consider Gaga to lack longevity.

Archived