Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Gaga was supposed to release before everyone

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark
Just now, elijahfan said:

You guys will find absolutely ANYTHING to complain about at this point.... :toofunny:

I am not complaining. I just find it interesting how everyone is releasing ahead of her even though her album was confirmed to be released this year before album anyone.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alien Tulip
23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Like I said just find it kind of funny and interesting how everyone is basically releasing before Gaga even though Gaga began talking about LG5 way before these other artists. Just an opinion I wanted to share.

Britney and Bruno have talked and began working on their new albums since the beginning of 2014. Both artists have had their teams hint and confirm that new releases were to be expected in 2016

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Quark
1 minute ago, Alien Tulip said:

Britney and Bruno have talked and began working on their new albums since the beginning of 2014. Both artists have had their teams hint and confirm that new releases were to be expected in 2016

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Well, I did not know this.

Decodekid

if you think about the Intel Grammy performance before it was changed for the David Bowie tribute, it might've been new music, maybe she wanted to release some music before the performance, because i don't really think she was thinking about performing ARTPOP's singles or any cover for a Grammy performance.

Long Live Gretchen

elijahfan
19 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I am not complaining. I just find it interesting how everyone is releasing ahead of her even though her album was confirmed to be released this year before album anyone.

Like I said, she hardly announced anything, other than she would release something this year. She never said she would release something before anyone else. 2016 ends on December 31st darling.

Quark

Like I said, she hardly announced anything, other than she would release something this year. She never said she would release something before anyone else. 2016 ends on December 31st darling.

Yes. But An early confirmation of a release usually means the album is close to done. These lead to people speculating of an album release in February, March, or May. But as you know that is not how it works with Gaga.

sipthistea

Did she confirm a date?

Did she say she was releasing music the first period of the year?

From what I know, she said she was releasing the record this year. That's it. And 2016 is not over yet.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yes. But An early confirmation of a release usually means the album is close to done. These lead to people speculating of an album release in February, March, or May. But as you know that is not how it works with Gaga.

... like I said, she merely answered a question journalists asked her at the Golden Globes. She never planned to officially announced a record on Golden Globes day, so stop assuming this was an official announcement when it was not. And your personal assumptions are what they are: assumptions.

littlepotter
49 minutes ago, Roomingfree77 said:

A watched pot never comes to boil..

I've never heard that expression before and now it's my favorite!

chaeri pls

AlexanderLevi2

I think her management team is being smart. Don't just release music because the fans want it... Wait till it makes sense. Gaga, to me, is a winter artist. She makes music that is highly regarded and she is not a summer single type of artist. 

I just want her to do well so she can feel confident in her craft. I'm glad she's doing things she enjoys now and loves life!

Currently listening to Joanne

Quark

... like I said, she merely answered a question journalists asked her at the Golden Globes. She never planned to officially announced a record on Golden Globes day, so stop assuming this was an official announcement when it was not.

I am not assuming an official announcement. Nor am I complaining.

eifulien

That kind of thinking is so off to me. :huh: Imagine if  the music industry was just a single building where all the artists work and have their own projects. How would the others' work interfere so much with your own? I mean you'll be there doing your job, and so will the others. There would be collaborations, encounters with both freindly and unfiendly colleagues. But it's not always a freaking competition. I'm sure the labels and the managers monitor very well what's coming, who's coming in order to choose the optimal slot for their artists' work. (like April was just so barren because of Bey and May is stuffed with pop releases). But at the end of the day, when it's ready it will be put out in the wild, and that's it. :flop:

littlepotter

Will everyone get off this poor guy's ****?

All he did was point out something he noticed. He didn't make anything up, he didn't protest, all he did is state a fact. Yall reading him for filth and he did nothing wrong. Wtf :wtf:

chaeri pls

PopThatArt

That title is misleading, I don't think Lady Gaga intended to release an album early this year, but I do think people rushed to finish their albums when Gaga announced she's releasing one this year. For some reason though I think Gaga and her team are going to do what Madonna did with Rebel Heart, release it after everyone in the mainstream has released theirs. But I think rather than how Madonna followed trends and sounds, Gaga will do the opposite... 

The first album released in 2016, or near the end of 2015 (Adele last year? And maybe Bieber's Purpose? I find Beyonce's new album is kind of that reflective, inward reflection nature that Purpose tried to evoke and kind of similar to the tone of 25) I feel set the tone and sound for what everyone is going to do musically and then all releases by popular artists following it are pretty much along the same sound, following the trend, but I find Gaga is going to wait and come with a different sound because after everyone else releases albums that sound exactly the same,  they'll be ready for that something else, something different, and hopefully this year, Gaga will be that something else, and then the sound she comes with will pave the way and establish the sound for 2017. And maybe Gaga is observing what people are releasing, whats getting attention, what's not, and she's making sure her album doesn't contain those things, so to avoid comparison, and so the album can be truly unique rather than follow what everyone else did. 

Go see A Star is Born

Archived