💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

Because you are annoying quoting everyone who doesn't agree with you and throwing temper tantrum. I don't have time for your ramblings. 

Besides you always throw first passive-aggressive jabs like "here comes the cult" and then act like a victim. I'd say there is another group here who acts like a cult. 

If it's so bad here, no one is keeping you.

This was never about agreeing, its about facing pure honest truth backed up with FACTS. And might I add, in quite clear form, not rambling. This is neither a tantrum of any sorts, however your attacks are. Please now move along. Truth does sometimes Hurt when reality hits, however fear not, You'll get over it, Im sure.

Oh and sence repetition is supposedly The Greatest form of learning; Elvis, The Beatles, MJ & M are The most succesful mega start of all time to whom noone as of yet compares. Not a matter of opinion.

That is different from liking or not liking them. As it also does not take away anyone else's success. The world is full of magnificent stars and artist.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego
2 hours ago, Snow said:

This was never about agreeing, its about facing pure honest truth backed up with FACTS. And might I add, in quite clear form, not rambling. This is neither a tantrum of any sorts, however your attacks are. Please now move along. Truth does sometimes Hurt when reality hits, however fear not, You'll get over it, Im sure.

Oh and sence repetition is supposedly The Greatest form of learning; Elvis, The Beatles, MJ & M are The most succesful mega start of all time to whom noone as of yet compares. Not a matter of opinion.

That is different from liking or not liking them. As it also does not take away anyone else's success. The world is full of magnificent stars and artist.

It was very clear from my first comment that I'm not interested in arguing with you.

Yet you had to quote me and 5 others to repeat same things over and over again.

Sorry, some of us listen to other music than pop.

Madonna was never on the level of Elvis or The Beatles, that was totally different time and has nothing to do with the 80s so you shouldn't put them always in the same sentence. 

Sorry, but U2, Guns, Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins and others are very much alive and still major/mega stars whatever you want to call them.

You can live in your own world where M is the only one, the first one, the last one, whatever - they will never be facts. Not everyone listens pop music, not everyone cares about her. So stop putting down other great artists and legends, join madonnanation if you want everyone to agree with your posts.

FreePalestine

28 minutes ago, YourSweet666 said:

It was very clear from my first comment that I'm not interesting in arguing with you. Yet you had to quote me and 5 others to repeat same things over and over again.

Sorry, some of us listen to other music than pop. Sorry, but Madonna was never on the level of Elvis or The Beatles, that was totally other time and has nothing to do with 80s so you don't need to put them always in the same sentence. 

Sorry, but U2, Guns, Pink Floyd, Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins and others are very much alive and still major/mega stars whatever you want to call them.

You can live in your own world where M is the only one, the first one, the last one, whatever - they will never be facts. Not everyone listens pop music, not everyone cares about her. So stop putting down other great artists and legends, join madonnanation if you want everyone to agree with your posts. 

Then go ahead and keep believing  the artist you mentioned are as successful and had The same impact as MJ and M. Beyond mere genre of pop, but The Entertainment  world as a whole. Considering matter globally, including all age groups etc. Sure.... However entertainment and culture history with receipts tells a different story. I don't understand why is this even a matter of discussion/argument when its quite easy to resolve.

And I am NOT saying artists mentioned here aren't successful or legends or havent contributed brilliant work to The industry regardless of genre . Just there is quite The difference in over all general success and impact. NOR do I even listen much pop music, just fyi. NOR is this just my opinion or preferance.

But this is just pointless. One day after studing Entertainment and Culture history, you will perhaps see things differently. But for now, let's stop this argument. 

Whispering
1 hour ago, YourSweet666 said:

Just **** OFF.

Are you this annoying in real life? No wonder M stans have bad reputation. I thought you left. 

They never leave. They throw their little fits and threaten to leave, but are too addicted to the high they get trying to cause disruption. 

Ciccone Madonna

Honorific nicknames given

The Queen

Queen of Pop(#1 all time record sales)

Queen of Videos

Queen of Concerts tours(#1 all time concert grosses)

Queen of MTV(Most awarded MTV VMA Awards musician of all time)

Queen of Reinvention

Queen of Billboard charts(38 Top 10 songs in Hot 100)

Queen of Marketing

Queen of all Media

Queen of Everything

Queen of Appropriation

Queen of the Obscene

Queen of Controversy

Queen of controversial music videos

Goddess of Pop

Sex Goddess(Erotica, Sex Book, Truth or Dare, Justify my Love)

Majesty

Dancing Queen

Material Girl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Madonna

i will stop here.

18 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:
5 minutes ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

Honorific nicknames given

The Queen

Queen of Pop

Queen of Videos

Queen of Concerts tours

Queen of MTV

Queen of Reinvention

Queen of Billboard charts

Queen of Marketing

Queen of all Media

Queen of Everything

Queen of Appropriation

Queen of the Obscene

Queen of Controversy

Queen of controversial music videos

Goddess of Pop

Sex Goddess

Majesty

Dancing Queen

Material Girl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Madonna

i will stop here.

You did forgot maybe two links that matter on this "argument". Link for Quiness World Records for whos The most succesful female artist of ALL time and The Billboard link that M is The #2 artist of BB history. :D

But no, we are here only to cause "disruption" whilst trying to tell politely some FACTS from reality. Though maybe some see it as bursting The buble of delusions and Don't Take it very well. 

Maybe we should just believe that Guns'nRoses and Roses are more successfull and impact full in The grand scheme of things. (Okey, that was a bit unnecessary...) 

Ciccone Madonna

In 1989, Madonna was awarded the MEGA Artist of the Decade by a poll of MTV viewers in recognizing her achievement during the 1980s. Biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli documented that fellow pop star Michael Jackson had become jealous when Madonna received that honor. He telephoned his attorney John Braca to complain that Madonna did not deserve such an honor. He said, "See, it makes me look bad. I'm the artist of the decade. Did she outsell Thriller?" In response to his client's agitation, Branca suggested that they approach MTV with the idea of a fictional award they could give to Jackson. They decided to name it as Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Artist of the Decade Award. Jackson liked the introduction of the award, and commented, "That'll sure teach that heifer", referring to Madonna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Madonna

Even Michael Jackson was pressed with Madonna s success:madge:

AquaFire Witch
On 4/21/2016 at 1:43 PM, GagaInTheZone said:

And do you know what's sad ? People will keep criticizing Madonna til she dead, only after her death will people realize how amazing she was and will give her credit for it, the same happened with MJ and DB, same will happen wit Prince in the next week, and Madonna won't be an exception... People should realize how some artists are amazing & treat them in a good way when they are still alive

So very true. Madonna gets so much flack and yeah she pisses me off sometimes, but I am so grateful we still have her. I am grateful we have her healthy and still performing and connecting with the fans. We shouldn't take any of it for granted!

PartySick
7 hours ago, Ciccone Madonna said:

In 1989, Madonna was awarded the MEGA Artist of the Decade by a poll of MTV viewers in recognizing her achievement during the 1980s. Biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli documented that fellow pop star Michael Jackson had become jealous when Madonna received that honor. He telephoned his attorney John Braca to complain that Madonna did not deserve such an honor. He said, "See, it makes me look bad. I'm the artist of the decade. Did she outsell Thriller?" In response to his client's agitation, Branca suggested that they approach MTV with the idea of a fictional award they could give to Jackson. They decided to name it as Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Artist of the Decade Award. Jackson liked the introduction of the award, and commented, "That'll sure teach that heifer", referring to Madonna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Madonna

Even Michael Jackson was pressed with Madonna s success:madge:

That was after she tried taking him to a strip joint (where the strippers were apparently cross dressers), broke his glasses, grabbed his hand and put it in her cleavage, and ditched him at the Oscars after party for her ex :emma: Michael was an introverted and conservative person and she was totally insensitive to that, coming onto him quite a few times and stepping over lines he wasn't comfortable with. Of course, that doesn't excuse the name calling but Michael was only human after all. Besides, considering all the "feuds" she's had...Michael, Prince, Janet, Mariah, Whitney, Arsenio Hall, David Letterman (?), Cher (?) Elton John, and Gaga (to an extent)...idk at some point you can't really say it's everyone being pressed or jealous :emma:

I don't like her at all, but it's undeniable that her impact on pop culture has been one of the biggest out of anyone. She has one of the most dedicated fanbases in existence that have made her tours some of the best selling in history so she had to've done something right.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Because I don't like Madge, I don't really care to look deep into things so her "feuds" could be anything from snide little remarks or decades of shade (from both sides). I just know she's had some kind of beef with them (and more) and isn't afraid to fire shots at people which, I personally find childish, but that's the "Material Girl" image she's crafted for herself I guess.

Michael wasn't pressed with her success, though. If anything, he knew her and didn't like her personally so he didn't approve of her getting the recognition she did. Also, considering he basically defined the 80's fashion wise, put out two record breaking albums, went on two record breaking world tours, got people enthusiastic about humanitarian work, met with politicians (including the president), visited sick people across the world, and don't forget the sequin glove and moonwalk, I mean the dude is the 1980's. Even now, if you look down the list of the best selling albums in history, you pass three of his (Thriller #1, Bad #11, Dangerous #17) before you get to hers (The Immaculate Collection #27...a greatest hits album). He didn't have anything to be jealous about :gaycat:

...though I'll admit I am personally pressed that Madonna's tours did better than his (Sticky and Sweet Tour #5, MDNA Tour #11, and the Bad Tour didn't make the top 15:grr: but it was the 2nd highest grossing tour of the 1980's so add that to the list of reasons why he was confused about the award).

Spoiler

Disclaimer #2: This isn't shade towards Madge :green: I just defending my idol is all :poot:

🖤

@PartySick

You absolutely raise valid points and perhaps mj wasnt really pressed. :) Though MJ was notoriously quite a diva himself too and quite demanding. However most of this is hear say and we don't really know what has really been said or done. Especially The "feuds" are mostly Media created, but ofcourse M is very outspoken.

I personally think they have "made up" after The early "drama" they might have had. And truly respected each other and were even maybe friends. At least I vaigly recall something about them being friendly and on contact in later years. But yeah, who knows. At least M respected MJ tremendesly. 

Still, they are The true pop royalty. :) And both of them truly defined The eighties and are The faces of it. And in any case world didnt end to 90' for either so we can also appreciate The bigger picture what also cemented their status.

Archived