Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

As I have said before, many legendary artists from the 50s, 60s and 70s transformed themselves in the 1980s. Bette Midler, Tina Turner, AC/DC, Cher, Diana Ross, Dolly Parton and Stevie Wonder all continued to serve out iconic hits. The 1980s was really the 50s, 60s and 70s coming together and having a massive party. Look at "We Are the World". How many legends were in that song? That could never happen today.

EDIT: But I agree that the four artists that defined the 80s are Michael Jackson, Prince, Whitney Houston and Madonna.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xaylan
2 hours ago, Snow said:

Ppl really didnt get this thread. Madonna is The last major superstar standing. Superstar as in The Beatles, Elvis, MJ and Madonna. Thats it. Surely there are other huge legenda and stars, but they are not that huge. Ppl need to truly realise and appreciate M and how truly truly huge Star she is. Cher, Springsteen, other rock gods, etc don't come even close to Madonna-MJ lvl. And thats a fact. And what sets them even further from others is their undeniable and huge impact on Entertainment history.

So yeah, absolutely Madonna is The last huge superstar standing and out selling even with albums every other legend. So there shes still going strong. Let's wish her many good years to come!

guns and roses says hi

DiscoHeaven23
43 minutes ago, boobtank said:

gif1.gif?w=768

Miss Janet says hello

Of anyone i left out, she deserves to be on there the most. In my head i just put her in the 90's. But if she's more 80's to you then totally understand

brizoda

people here obsessed with pop artists & musicians.

there's more life than POP!!!!!!!!!

boobtank
38 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Of anyone i left out, she deserves to be on there the most. In my head i just put her in the 90's. But if she's more 80's to you then totally understand

Hahaha, Control! Rhythm Nation! Both two of her most iconic records, both released in the 80s!

DiscoHeaven23
2 minutes ago, boobtank said:

Hahaha, Control! Rhythm Nation! Both two of her most iconic records, both released in the 80s!

Thee singles for rhythm nation were mostly released in 90/91 so that's where my head was at

boobtank
7 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Thee singles for rhythm nation were mostly released in 90/91 so that's where my head was at

Fair enough lol

TheBatman

Janet is an icon, but she never reached the status of her brother OR THE OTHER THREE MENTIONED sorry

1 hour ago, Xaylan said:

guns and roses says hi

Are you seriously suggesting that Guns'nRoses are on The same mega stardom and success level as M and MJ? Don't missunderstand my post though. I was talking about mega stars. I said there are plenty of big stars and legends of various genres, however none are at The lvl of M, MJ, Elvis etc. Though it doesnt diminish their status as legends. Just not quite The same and almost unique lvl of success as The forementioned.

I repeat, there are manysuccessfull legends from various genres as have been mentioned on this thread, but NONE compare to M & MJ lvl of success (not Prince either btw). Hence she is The last giant still standing. Still, not underplaying The role of other legends, especially rock legends.

Xaylan
39 minutes ago, Snow said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Guns'nRoses are on The same mega stardom and success level as M and MJ? Don't missunderstand my post though. I was talking about mega stars. I said there are plenty of big stars and legends of various genres, however none are at The lvl of M, MJ, Elvis etc. Though it doesnt diminish their status as legends. Just not quite The same and almost unique lvl of success as The forementioned.

I repeat, there are manysuccessfull legends from various genres as have been mentioned on this thread, but NONE compare to M & MJ lvl of success (not Prince either btw). Hence she is The last giant still standing. Still, not underplaying The role of other legends, especially rock legends.

They're going on a massive sold out tour. They're actually very successful. Prince isn't even as successful as them I'm sure

1 minute ago, Xaylan said:

They're going on a massive sold out tour. They're actually very successful. Prince isn't even as successful as them I'm sure

I know they are successfull?! Has anyone said anything else? No. But they are NOWHERE near M &MJ success. Jesus...

Archived