💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Rihanna - Needed Me

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

The Child
1 hour ago, BlTCH said:

honestly even The Edge Of Glory music video is more interesting to watch. I'm not hating on Rihanna but she's too predictable and effortless in a bad way this era and she's almost like using her anti concept as an excuse to just mumble whatever into a microphone, record it and call it alternative and artistic.

Yeah I agree with you but other pop acts get it so bad here while Gaga does the same thing sometimes.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Ryan

I just want to add...

Bitch Better Have My Money - like bah, bah, blaw!
Needed Me - a song about getting a guy back that's on the hit list
Kiss It Better - a sex song
Work - a dance song & motivational song

You guys cannot be listening to the lyrics. What were you expecting to see? All of the songs are about drugs, sex, cash, and partying.

Looks like Work & Man Down had a baby. :green:  

Spoiler

and its ugly :neyde:

Spoiler

the mess on this thread is uglier tho :toofunny: 

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, BrianxRyan said:

Once again. You do not know what the hell you are talking about... and it does not take me an essay to explain it. Learn more about the criminal justice system, black culture, and ain't about that life is not hipster. My gawd. Stop acting like you know what goes on in black culture and the same **** Lana has done and whatever reason you think it's oh so different. Hooray for you. You repeat yourself over and over again in just a thousand same words.

If I have a lot to say, it's going to have to be a long post. If you have a short attention span, that's your problem, not mine. And I am educated on the justice system and black culture. Just because I choose to interpret it differently doesn't mean I don't understand. And "ain't about that life" is a problematic attitude because it relies on a "if you're not one of us, get out" motto. A hipster attitude isn't just concerning the hipster culture, it's an all-over attitude. Everyone's entitled to free speech. And you've repeated yourself many times in this thread in the thousand same words.

By the way, this video is very similar to Man Down, right down to a guy being shot. Look at that video and then tell me that Rihanna doesn't repeat herself.

13 hours ago, Haroon said:

Well yes, when people watch **** a lot they do get desensitised to it :laughga: No children being produced because nudity being commonplace? What about all those tribes that wear next to no clothing, how do they keep producing? :confused: Also before clothing was a thing, how did people keep producing? I feel like extrapolating showing nipples to saying that people would stop having sex because of it is very extreme :rip: People have sex whether nipples are on show or not, they aren't a make or break to the continuation of our species.

I'm not saying that women should have to go around topless, I'm saying that they should have the choice (in the same place men have permission to be shirtless) and not be frowned at for it :tongue: 

It's a different kind of densensitization. It's an "I've seen it all and now I need something more extreme to satisfy me" desensitization. The same way we become desensisitized to violent content. And that is not a positive development. It leads to us becoming colder, less emotional, more likely to accept unjust behaviour. Those tribes keep on producing because their culture has always been like that (plus, that traditional side is dying away now because of modern developments in these regions and decency laws). What you're proposing is a new law that will overnight change everything we've been expecting to think about nudity for centuries. And no, you can't just expect everyone to adapt especially not with multiculturalism and conservative religions playing a role in society. No one's offended if we keep wearing clothes. I think wanting to densensitize us to nudity is a weird thing. What's the purpose of that? it's not going to stop rape and assault, it'll only make it worse. And if we stop being turned on by it, again, why is that a good thing? Enjoying the naked form is a great, natural enjoyment, provided everyone's respected, of course. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Why would a woman want to be topless in public? The only women who want to do that are the ones who are in love with themselves and attention seekers. I even once talked about this to a woman on here who supported toplessness and in the end, she ended up agreeing with me. We don't stop to question what all this achieves. As a 38DD, I couldn't imagine anything worse than being topless in public. Support is key at my size and you'd feel sweaty and uncomfortable, not to mention the sun going on that sensitive area and what if the weather suddenly changes? Most women will choose not to go topless anyway because of the comments she'll get and how she might get molested. It's an absolutely ridiculous notion dreamed up by overly liberal people with too much time on their hands. Women get harassed enough for wearing clothes. Can you imagine how much worse it's going to be without them? Besides which, it's a matter of respecting other people. I'd be appalled if I saw a topless woman walking down the street, not because nudity's disgusting, but because it's inappropriate in a public situation. Would put me right off my dinner. Society isn't somewhere to lead a selfish lifestyle, unconcerned about what everyone else thinks. We're all part of this society together and have to respect one another.

12 hours ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

LOL BITCH the most white privilege thing ive ever seen is in here.

"lana uses violence and nudity for art and rihnna just does it to make money"

BITCH **** OUT OF HERE. 

yall are gonna make me go off on everybody.

anyways the video is good. she looks amazing. obviously theres a story. whether you or i get it doesnt really matter.

At least have the good grace to quote me. Lana's use of violence is very different - I'm not uncomfortable when I see it, it's so artistic. Rihanna's is sinister and makes me on edge. Even though BBHMM had its good points, the fact that there was so much gratuitous, problematic violence in it hindered my enjoyment of it. And by the way, I've always criticised anyone who uses guns in their art. Even Gaga. This isn't a black vs white issue, it's about how guns are treated in art. There's a right way and a wrong way.

SlayedForTheGod
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

If I have a lot to say, it's going to have to be a long post. If you have a short attention span, that's your problem, not mine. And I am educated on the justice system and black culture. Just because I choose to interpret it differently doesn't mean I don't understand. And "ain't about that life" is a problematic attitude because it relies on a "if you're not one of us, get out" motto. A hipster attitude isn't just concerning the hipster culture, it's an all-over attitude. Everyone's entitled to free speech. And you've repeated yourself many times in this thread in the thousand same words.

By the way, this video is very similar to Man Down, right down to a guy being shot. Look at that video and then tell me that Rihanna doesn't repeat herself.

It's a different kind of densensitization. It's an "I've seen it all and now I need something more extreme to satisfy me" desensitization. The same way we become desensisitized to violent content. And that is not a positive development. It leads to us becoming colder, less emotional, more likely to accept unjust behaviour. Those tribes keep on producing because their culture has always been like that (plus, that traditional side is dying away now because of modern developments in these regions and decency laws). What you're proposing is a new law that will overnight change everything we've been expecting to think about nudity for centuries. And no, you can't just expect everyone to adapt especially not with multiculturalism and conservative religions playing a role in society. No one's offended if we keep wearing clothes. I think wanting to densensitize us to nudity is a weird thing. What's the purpose of that? it's not going to stop rape and assault, it'll only make it worse. And if we stop being turned on by it, again, why is that a good thing? Enjoying the naked form is a great, natural enjoyment, provided everyone's respected, of course. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Why would a woman want to be topless in public? The only women who want to do that are the ones who are in love with themselves and attention seekers. I even once talked about this to a woman on here who supported toplessness and in the end, she ended up agreeing with me. We don't stop to question what all this achieves. As a 38DD, I couldn't imagine anything worse than being topless in public. Support is key at my size and you'd feel sweaty and uncomfortable, not to mention the sun going on that sensitive area and what if the weather suddenly changes? Most women will choose not to go topless anyway because of the comments she'll get and how she might get molested. It's an absolutely ridiculous notion dreamed up by overly liberal people with too much time on their hands. Women get harassed enough for wearing clothes. Can you imagine how much worse it's going to be without them? Besides which, it's a matter of respecting other people. I'd be appalled if I saw a topless woman walking down the street, not because nudity's disgusting, but because it's inappropriate in a public situation. Would put me right off my dinner. Society isn't somewhere to lead a selfish lifestyle, unconcerned about what everyone else thinks. We're all part of this society together and have to respect one another.

At least have the good grace to quote me. Lana's use of violence is very different - I'm not uncomfortable when I see it, it's so artistic. Rihanna's is sinister and makes me on edge. Even though BBHMM had its good points, the fact that there was so much gratuitous, problematic violence in it hindered my enjoyment of it. And by the way, I've always criticised anyone who uses guns in their art. Even Gaga. This isn't a black vs white issue, it's about how guns are treated in art. There's a right way and a wrong way.

had you said that instead of she uses it to make money i mightve been fine with your statement. but you didnt.

ItsTommyBitch
14 hours ago, Haroon said:

Well yes, when people watch **** a lot they do get desensitised to it :laughga: No children being produced because nudity being commonplace? What about all those tribes that wear next to no clothing, how do they keep producing? :confused: Also before clothing was a thing, how did people keep producing? I feel like extrapolating showing nipples to saying that people would stop having sex because of it is very extreme :rip: People have sex whether nipples are on show or not, they aren't a make or break to the continuation of our species.

I'm not saying that women should have to go around topless, I'm saying that they should have the choice (in the same place men have permission to be shirtless) and not be frowned at for it :tongue: 

Not to mention that the sexualization of female breasts and nipples is a relatively modern social construction that is not "innate" or "natural" in any way :emma: 

Haroon is right for once :neyde: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

had you said that instead of she uses it to make money i mightve been fine with your statement. but you didnt.

So, you agree a bit more, then? Artists know we have a thirst for violence, so they're starting to put it into their videos to satisfy a need. But a lot of them are doing it in an irresponsible way. Don't just do it to be edgy and cool, do it to tell a story. Without that, you reinforce stereotypes and send bad messages to impressionable youth. There's much to be made of context when it comes to guns. For example, a lot of bikers have tattoos depicting a gun, but a skeleton will be holding it, or it will be as part of a Guns n Roses logo. That's ok, it has context, it's just an artistic expression or a sign of devotion to a band's name. But having a tattoo of a gun and that's it...that's sinister. There's no other message to that than "I support violence." Rihanna has two such tattoos and I always think it's so odd for someone who isn't a gun loving criminal to want such a negative image on their body. And I don't think it sends a good message.

SlayedForTheGod
10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

So, you agree a bit more, then? Artists know we have a thirst for violence, so they're starting to put it into their videos to satisfy a need. But a lot of them are doing it in an irresponsible way. Don't just do it to be edgy and cool, do it to tell a story. Without that, you reinforce stereotypes and send bad messages to impressionable youth. There's much to be made of context when it comes to guns. For example, a lot of bikers have tattoos depicting a gun, but a skeleton will be holding it, or it will be as part of a Guns n Roses logo. That's ok, it has context, it's just an artistic expression or a sign of devotion to a band's name. But having a tattoo of a gun and that's it...that's sinister. There's no other message to that than "I support violence." Rihanna has two such tattoos and I always think it's so odd for someone who isn't a gun loving criminal to want such a negative image on their body. And I don't think it sends a good message.

i didnt say i agree. i just said i would be fine with your statement. this video is a story. she is telling a story through video. its an artform. its fiction. as for her tattoo honestly its probably just aesthetic. i like the way some guns look. and im not one of those people that believe celebrities have to be squeaky clean role models. we're all humans with brains and we know how to comprehend what is right and what is wrong. what to do and what we shouldnt do. and if you let any form of art influence you in a negative way they you should probably get some help.

Jenniferella
23 hours ago, BlTCH said:

honestly even The Edge Of Glory music video is more interesting to watch

In what world ? I couldn't disagree more.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

StrawberryBlond
11 hours ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

i didnt say i agree. i just said i would be fine with your statement. this video is a story. she is telling a story through video. its an artform. its fiction. as for her tattoo honestly its probably just aesthetic. i like the way some guns look. and im not one of those people that believe celebrities have to be squeaky clean role models. we're all humans with brains and we know how to comprehend what is right and what is wrong. what to do and what we shouldnt do. and if you let any form of art influence you in a negative way they you should probably get some help.

I know, I just pointed out that you're a bit better about my idea now. Yes, the video is a story, but a very basic one and one that relishes more in the dark side of things than telling a story. You can tell sometimes when a video just wants to show extreme imagery for the sake of it and to get views and this is one of them. A good example of this is how the dancers didn't have to be topless (I mean, the idea of strip clubs is that if you want to see more, you have to pay more, meaning dancers won't typically be topless in the main club, only in private booths), but she made it so anyway, for that extra bit of unneeded gratuity. Her BBHMM video was the same in the sense that there was no real story, just a girl being dragged about from pillar to post in various degrading ways, to show the full extent of gratuitous imagery. Violent art is still art but there are ways to do it that doesn't reinforce bad messages and is degrading. Just be aware that what might be aesthetic to you might mean something very different to someone else and I think Rihanna's tattoos are sinister. Notice how it's also modern guns she depicts - if it was an old fashioned gun, like I said, a lot of bikers have, I'd be a lot more open to it because those guns can look aesthetically pleasing. But no, these tattoos are of modern, plain, basic hand-guns, nothing special about them. So, why get them tattooed on her? Like I said, that gives no other message than "I think violence is cool." And I'm not saying that every artist has to be squeaky clean but someone like Rihanna, who has a lot of young fans, should take more responsibility. I'm not comfortable with such an adult artist being promoted to all age groups. Not everyone is influenced, but some will be. It's not just worrying that they'll copy anything they see, it's the way that they're slowly becoming desensitized to negative imagery and will slowly start to feel violence and the degradation of women is no big deal.

Koreku

The video is ok. I mean, I can't imagine the video being any other way. :laughga:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

SlayedForTheGod
9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I know, I just pointed out that you're a bit better about my idea now. Yes, the video is a story, but a very basic one and one that relishes more in the dark side of things than telling a story. You can tell sometimes when a video just wants to show extreme imagery for the sake of it and to get views and this is one of them. A good example of this is how the dancers didn't have to be topless (I mean, the idea of strip clubs is that if you want to see more, you have to pay more, meaning dancers won't typically be topless in the main club, only in private booths), but she made it so anyway, for that extra bit of unneeded gratuity. Her BBHMM video was the same in the sense that there was no real story, just a girl being dragged about from pillar to post in various degrading ways, to show the full extent of gratuitous imagery. Violent art is still art but there are ways to do it that doesn't reinforce bad messages and is degrading. Just be aware that what might be aesthetic to you might mean something very different to someone else and I think Rihanna's tattoos are sinister. Notice how it's also modern guns she depicts - if it was an old fashioned gun, like I said, a lot of bikers have, I'd be a lot more open to it because those guns can look aesthetically pleasing. But no, these tattoos are of modern, plain, basic hand-guns, nothing special about them. So, why get them tattooed on her? Like I said, that gives no other message than "I think violence is cool." And I'm not saying that every artist has to be squeaky clean but someone like Rihanna, who has a lot of young fans, should take more responsibility. I'm not comfortable with such an adult artist being promoted to all age groups. Not everyone is influenced, but some will be. It's not just worrying that they'll copy anything they see, it's the way that they're slowly becoming desensitized to negative imagery and will slowly start to feel violence and the degradation of women is no big deal.

ok im not continuing the coversation past this but my last thing to say is that there definitely is a story behind BBHMM. one that is rooted in actual events and them obviously embellished 

Brian Ryan
18 minutes ago, SlayedForTheGod said:

ok im not continuing the coversation past this but my last thing to say is that there definitely is a story behind BBHMM. one that is rooted in actual events and them obviously embellished 

It is so obvious. I appreciate you taking a lot of words out of my mouth. lol :S

Archived