Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was ARTPOP Ahead or Behind Music Trends?

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

There is no question that ARTPOP has always been Gaga's most polarizing album for many reasons. One of the most discussed reasons is the fact that many people think that ARTPOP was behind the times with its EDM music, while many others say that ARTPOP was actually ahead of the music trends of the time? 

So was ARTPOP ahead, behind, on time, or even all of these when it comes to its music at the time of its release?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dannydevito

ARTPOP was not ahead nor behind it was ahind of its time. A true reverse timelian expedition.

Quark
Just now, Prismatic said:

Born This Way is way more polarizing.

ARTPOP is more polarizing specifically to Gaga fans. BTW was more polarizing the the GP.

Nicogly
3 minutes ago, dannydevito said:

ARTPOP was not ahead nor behind it was ahind of its time. A true reverse timelian expedition.

this. 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Seeka

Only chart people care.

It was a good album. No one can take it away from me.

Unless, you know, come to my house and murder me for my physical copy.

Prismatic
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

ARTPOP is more polarizing specifically to Gaga fans. BTW was more polarizing the the GP.

BTW separate "I'm here for RadioFriendlyGa (TF/M") to I will stan for everything Gaga will do stan. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Nicogly

I think it was bad. Legit I know people love it...but I just see unoriginal and dragged concepts. It felt like a long bad joke. Loved some moments of the album. Aura is undeniably amazing, just like MJH and DWUW, but the rest of the album is just too...pink? Wanna be high brow? Donatella? 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Quark
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

Only chart people care.

It was a good album. No one can take it away from me.

Unless, you know, come to my house and murder me for my physical copy.

This is not about the charts or whether or not it flopped. This is just a discussion on its music.

Quark
1 minute ago, Prismatic said:

I think BTW separate some "I'm here for RadioFriendlyGa (TF/M") to I will stan for everything Gaga will do stan. 

I understand what you are saying, but ARTPOP has alot of more polarizing aspects which include its sales, its meaning, its production, its promotion, ect. Anyways, this thread is more about how ARTPOP's music compares to the music of its time.

Quark
3 minutes ago, Nicogly said:

I think it was bad. Legit I know people love it...but I just see unoriginal and dragged concepts. It felt like a long bad joke. Loved some moments of the album. Aura is undeniably amazing, just like MJH and DWUW, but the rest of the album is just too...pink? Wanna be high brow? Donatella? 

How does "pink" equals bad?

Seeka
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

This is not about the charts or whether or not it flopped. This is just a discussion on its music.

Yes, and you want to know what tops the charts?

Trends.

Did you not think that through? While we are now in a very transient phase in music, what was happening in 2013/2014 is a different story.

Quark
Just now, Seeka said:

Yes, and you want to know what tops the charts?

Trends.

Did you not think that through? While we are now in a very transient phase in music, what was happening in 2013/2014 is a different story.

Yes, trends dictate the charts, but I am just talking about how ahead or behind ARTPOP's music was compared to the trends of its time. I don't really care about its commercial success.

JustAnotherDay

Topically I think it was ahead of it's time, I feel like many people weren't ready to talk openly about sex or weed or gender roles, but with the instrumentation I feel like as some points it does feel dated and cheesy, however I feel like there are many interesting and innovating parts that still sound new today.

was NickARTPOP

Archived