Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga and Jamie Lee Curtis promote Hilary Clinton in a new photo

yASSsss

Featured Posts

LebaneseDude
41 minutes ago, Rising said:

You're so extra, dude. 

That's a round-about way to say "You're right", don't you think?

Just look at my responses to the more level-headed mature Bernie supporters. That's how a mature discussion works. Grow up, and keep the name-calling to a minimum. 

Edited just now by LebaneseDude.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
En_Sabah_Nur
4 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Do you think that this is always a positive though?

There's this quote I love to use. 

I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times - Everett Dickson

Bernie lacks flexibility. He sticks to his principles, which is admirable, but does not engage in diplomacy that's expected in the political world. It's why he hasn't managed to make many friends. Do you think someone who does not compromise to be someone fit for president, especially when global politics aren't always going to go your way?

I've said before that Hillary has messed up, but Sanders hasn't even done anything on a global scale to warrant mentioning. How would he mess up if he hasn't done anything?

Hillary has done accomplished many remarkable feats on the world scale, from human rights, to healthcare rights and women's rights. She fought for the rights of war veterans across the globe. She helped achieve ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. She helped bring Iran to the fold through her sanctions. Literally every foreign policy that has been a success in Obama's administration has been through Clinton. I can go on and on about the good things she has done.

She's been very prominent on the local and international stage, and clearly people all over the world have had over 40 years to form opinions about her. That can range from positive to outright hostile. The GOP has run the most elaborate smear campaign on her that I've ever seen. Even democrats have fallen for it. Even now Bernie supporters quote those smears as if they have a shred of truth in them. Who do you think went through all the trouble to indict her for emails and Benghazi? Look what happened. Nothing.

What has Sanders done in that field? Nothing. No one outside of the USA even heard of him and he has no experience in foreign policy, where the president in truth is very much involved when USA is expected to be a world superpower.

So yeah. I'm much more comfortable with Hillary because I know that she will do alright by people in and out of the USA. I fear Bernie has his sights only on the internal workings of the USA and even then, given the present state of Congress in Republican hands, one wonders if he'll ever get anything done.

OMG - You & I think so much a like @LebaneseDude!  Especially on politics & world affairs, etc.  I always seem to agree with the VAST majority of your posts & responses over time.  I mean know that we did not get off to a good start, but I hope that we can turn things around and be friends on here...  :hug:

Egypt. W

LebaneseDude
Just now, En_Sabah_Nur said:

OMG - You & I think so much a like @LebaneseDude!  Especially on politics & world affairs, etc.  I always seem to agree with the VAST majority of your posts & responses over time.  I mean know that we did not get off to a good start, but I hope that we can turn things around and be friends on here...  :hug:

I don't hold grudges. I don't even remember when we had a disagreement haha :emma:

En_Sabah_Nur
2 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

I don't hold grudges. I don't even remember when we had a disagreement haha :emma:

Lmao - nevermind then...   :poot::poot::poot:

Egypt. W

16 minutes ago, monstereo said:

As if the country isn't already ruined :gaycat:

Its actually not yet ruined.. America is holding on until the real big fall happens.. we can however make things that will make the fall less horrible.

TRILL MONSTER

Its so funny seeing the little politics go at it on this topic:stalkga:

LebaneseDude
56 minutes ago, mattwiththehat said:

"Get things done" That's so vague. She'd get things done, sure...but they would be for special interests and wall street first and foremost, not the working class american people.

It's funny that you always have to bring economy up, as if that's the only thing that the president has to handle.

She'll get **** done in all fields.

Assuming you are 100% correct and she's the boogieman out to support the evil rich white dudes, at worst the working class American people will stay the same. At best, things will get better.

What would Sanders do? Suddenly break up the entire American system overnight and everyone will be swimming in $$$$$?

Margaret Thatcher is a little too much but she has one quote which is always hilarious to use. I'll paraphrase:

You would prefer the poor be poorer, than the rich be richer. You'd rather the gap shrink downward on both sides, than the gap grow upward on both sides.

Bernie's policies would impose greater tax rates on all people. This would essentially **** over middle class workers who don't get aid but aren't rich enough. This would also **** over the poorer people who have no interest in wherever the money is going such as free education. You're basically saying: It's OK if you're poor. It's in the best interest of society for us to take your money and have it be used in the education of someone else who's more important (in our opinion).

You know who does this nowadays? The evil rich people are the ones who donate a significantly large amount of funds to universities to provide financial aid, such as people like myself. Almost ALL pharmaceutical advancements in the name of healthcare have been done by "Evil" big businesses. Sure there's corruption here and there. Big deal. Look at the good things that come out of these corporations, not just the shitty ones you're deadset on focusing on.

Of course, there are definitely benefits to everything Bernie is saying. Hell I honestly WISH things could work like Bernie says, but even those are in question. Just look at Sweden. They're starting to suffer under the weight of their own over-promising, just like Sanders is doing today. Of course, many Americans don't know this, since they only love to quote the good things about other nations while being totally oblivious to how the real world functions outside of Netflix and CNN.

24 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Do you think that this is always a positive though?

There's this quote I love to use. 

I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times - Everett Dickson

Bernie lacks flexibility. He sticks to his principles, which is admirable, but does not engage in diplomacy that's expected in the political world. It's why he hasn't managed to make many friends. Do you think someone who does not compromise to be someone fit for president, especially when global politics aren't always going to go your way?

I've said before that Hillary has messed up, but Sanders hasn't even done anything on a global scale to warrant mentioning. How would he mess up if he hasn't done anything? By what scale do you judge his competence? As a senator of Vermont, a relatively chill easy-going state?

Hillary has done accomplished many remarkable feats on the world scale, from human rights, to healthcare rights and women's rights. She fought for LGBT rights across the globe She fought for the rights of war veterans. She helped achieve ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. She helped bring Iran to the fold through her sanctions. Literally every foreign policy that has been a success in Obama's administration has been through Clinton. I can go on and on about the good things she has done.

She's been very prominent on the local and international stage, and clearly people all over the world have had over 40 years to form opinions about her. That can range from positive to outright hostile. The GOP has run the most elaborate smear campaign on her that I've ever seen. Even democrats have fallen for it. Even now Bernie supporters quote those smears as if they have a shred of truth in them. Who do you think went through all the trouble to indict her for emails and Benghazi? Look what happened. Nothing.

What has Sanders done in that field? Nothing. No one outside of the USA even heard of him and he has no experience in foreign policy, where the president in truth is very much involved when USA is expected to be a world superpower.

So yeah. I'm much more comfortable with Hillary because I know that she will do alright by people in and out of the USA. I fear Bernie has his sights only on the internal workings of the USA and even then, given the present state of Congress in Republican hands, one wonders if he'll ever get anything done.

Hillary has had more power in the Senate to be able to do global changes thanks to her husband being president and her connections. Bernie never had that luxury and I have no doubt that if he had the power that Clinton had, he would have done a lot more.

The change in political views that you're talking about does not apply to this scenario. Voting for the war in Iraq and then regretting it, then doing the Libya mess and then regretting it, and then signing NAFTA, DOMA, and DADT and then regretting it, doesn't seem like an organic political fluidity that one can slide under the table. These are things that have cost millions of people their lives. We can't have someone like that running the country, and that's why Bernie's principles resonate a lot more with me. 

I refuse to believe that people don't have the power to change a corrupt political system that is falling apart. Even if it takes years, I believe Sanders can take the country in the right direction. Hillary will only build on what Obama did, which is reinforce a very old building with some steel columns and hide its imperfections. The US and the world needs profound foundation changes.

Whispering
33 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I do agree with that, I think his ideas are good short term and might sound good but it will ruin the country

Yes I do understand that but none of us can have an argument with Gaga so we make up our opinion based on the information that is presented to us in public.. I personally do believe Gaga is voting for Hilary because shes a woman, I never said it was a fact but it seems that way to me and im sharig my thoughts here. What links are you talking about? 

But based on the fact that you haven't talked to her personally about her choice, you have declared her to be a hypocrite, contradicting herself (although you haven't talked to her) and voting for Hillary just because she is a woman. That last part is sexist and highly insulting to women. Did she vote for Obama just because he was black? Because he has many of the same policies as Hillary. Why did she support Bill Clinton? Because he plays the saxophone and she likes jazz music? 

I know you are sharing your thoughts, but in the process you are insulting Gaga. 

LebaneseDude
8 minutes ago, Fahs said:

Hillary has had more power in the Senate to be able to do global changes thanks to her husband being president and her connections. Bernie never had that luxury and I have no doubt that if he had the power that Clinton had, he would have done a lot more.

The change in political views that you're talking about does not apply to this scenario. Voting for the war in Iraq and then regretting it, then doing the Libya mess and then regretting it, and then signing NAFTA, DOMA, and DADT and then regretting it, doesn't seem like an organic political fluidity that one can slide under the table. These are things that have cost millions of people their lives. We can't have someone like that running the country, and that's why Bernie's principles resonate a lot more with me. 

I refuse to believe that people don't have the power to change a corrupt political system that is falling apart. Even if it takes years, I believe Sanders can take the country in the right direction. Hillary will only build on what Obama did, which is reinforce a very old building with some steel columns and hide its imperfections. The US and the world needs profound foundation changes.

I think you're vastly overestimating how much she can do through Bill. 

Also Bill Clinton did a lot of good things. That they didn't do more isn't a fault. It's simply circumstance.

Once again do you think Sanders has the skills to handle foreign diplomacy? The war in Iraq is regretted by most Americans, so singling out Hillary is unfair. The Libya mess is definitely a negative, but NAFTA isn't exactly one. She also does not regret DOMA and DADT. She believes they were necessary at the time, as do many LGBT folks who lived in the time. It's controversial, but it was something. What about all the good things I mentioned? Has Sanders done anything remotely comparable in scope and impact?

I don't disagree with your final paragraph. If Bernie becomes president, I sincerely hope he does exactly what you said. Perhaps, in an ideal scenario, he'll lay the groundwork needed for one final ideological shift of the American people. That's still an ideal though, one that has too many holes that can be patched. I'm simply in favor of pragmatism, so therein lies our differences in opinion. That's also where our argument ends. Opinions and stances are subjective after all. :D

LebaneseDude
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Did she vote for Obama just because he was black? 

I know you are sharing your thoughts, but in the process you are insulting Gaga. 

Isn't this what the GOP said about Obama though? People voting for him cause he is the cool black dude?

It's fascinating how that's being reciprocated on Hillary as a woman now. Hmm... 

En_Sabah_Nur
7 minutes ago, LebaneseDude said:

Isn't this what the GOP said about Obama though? People voting for him cause he is the cool black dude?

It's fascinating how that's being reciprocated on Hillary as a woman now. Hmm... 

Well we all (most of us) knew that was coming...  Just didn't expect to hear it from the Bernie Sanders supporters is all...  Smh

Egypt. W

17 minutes ago, Whispering said:

But based on the fact that you haven't talked to her personally about her choice, you have declared her to be a hypocrite, contradicting herself (although you haven't talked to her) and voting for Hillary just because she is a woman. That last part is sexist and highly insulting to women. Did she vote for Obama just because he was black? Because he has many of the same policies as Hillary. Why did she support Bill Clinton? Because he plays the saxophone and she likes jazz music? 

I did not insult all women! not every woman that votes for Hilary is voting for her because shes a woman, only women who disagree with Hilary yet still votes for her. Yes its true that I shouldnt accuse her of big things like Hypocrite but I was just annoyed by you and others telling me I shouldnt give my opinion and so I wanted to annoy you more. I still think we should give our thoughts and opinion on Gaga's choices specially ones that are made public.

En_Sabah_Nur
17 minutes ago, Fahs said:

17 minutes ago, Fahs said:

Ummmmm, Hillary became the senator of New York the same exact month that her husband was leaving the Presidency. So she did not have that luxury after all, unless you're trying to say it was through George W. Bush!  :rip:

Egypt. W

Whispering
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I did not insult all women! not every woman that votes for Hilary is voting for her because shes a woman, only women who disagree with Hilary yet still votes for her. Yes its true that I shouldnt accuse her of big things like Hypocrite but I was just annoyed by you and others telling me I shouldnt give my opinion and so I wanted to annoy you more. I still think we should give our thoughts and opinion on Gaga's choices specially ones that are made public.

So, you were annoyed and in striking back at those you were annoyed with, you thought insulting Gaga would be a way to get back at those people. You used her to strike back at those that you were upset with. 

Archived