Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
other

Iggy keeps it positive when Team debuts out of Top 40

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

Today on the BBH100, Azalea's new single, "Team", debuted at #42. While most artists would ignore that-and even stress, Iggy stayed away from the lessor levels and tweeted this:

Slay sis, show that ratĀ ***a*** ***k*, how to ****ing act šŸ‘šŸ˜³

DiscoHeaven23

Her management really screwed her over. Learn how to debut a lead single correctly! I love her and i only say this cuz i want her to succeed.Ā 

Ā 

BUT!Ā 

It debuted much higher than "Beg For It" did, which was the lead single to Reclassified, so thats good. Beg For It debuted in the 90's

kvnrp

What a great attitude from herĀ :nick:

I do hope that some take note of this and chill when their songs don't go straight to #1

*thinks of Katy crying when ET didn't go #1*

Paper Gangsta
15 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Her management really screwed her over. Learn how to debut a lead single correctly! I love her and i only say this cuz i want her to succeed.Ā 

Ā 

BUT!Ā 

It debuted much higher than "Beg For It" did, which was the lead single to Reclassified, so thats good. Beg For It debuted in the 90's

Well she just took different approach. Instead doing everything to increaseĀ debut sales week as much as possible as radio deals itunes banners and the rest of usual stuff lead single gets she decided to takeĀ buildup/growing approach like she allready stated before single was even released. They went by that approach and that is how they will promote it, if it is meant to be it will rise gradually as the airplay rises, just like the rest of her biggest hits

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Paper Gangsta said:

Well she just took different approach. Instead doing everything to increaseĀ debut sales week as much as possible as radio deals itunes banners and the rest of usual stuff lead single gets she decided to takeĀ buildup/growing approach like she allready stated before single was even released. They went by that approach and that is how they will promote it, if it is meant to be it will rise gradually as the airplay rises

its a marketing technique for up and coming artists though.

Established artists need that powerful entrance with their lead singlesĀ to assert that they still have what it takes, it obviously doesn't work out all the time, but i feel like theĀ approach they've taken with "Team" will just add fuel to the fire that she's over. I hope I'm wrong though.Ā 

Alexandre

Wow, I am really liking her attitude this era! Props to her for not giving up even throughĀ the hard times she faced and for coming back with a positive energy.Ā :nick:

Jewels n Drugs

Hopefully Gagz has this attitude when LG5 flops because shes over tbh :hor:

OT: slay iggy tho :hor:

Ā 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

mucinex

it's better than any other single of her's(excluding black widow because that was pretty decent) even though the bridge and racist jamaican parts were cringe worthy.

Paper Gangsta
5 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

its a marketing technique for up and coming artists though.

Established artists need that powerful entrance with their lead singlesĀ to assert that they still have what it takes, it obviously doesn't work out all the time, but i feel like theĀ approach they've taken with "Team" will just add fuel to the fire that she's over. I hope I'm wrong though.Ā 

well idk why they took that technique/approach but I guess they had reason for that.Ā 

Bloody

I'm sure with the vid, more radio support and more promo the song will go at least in the top 20.

She knows what she's doing.Ā 

shaneybaby

im not big fan of hers, but she seems like she grew up a lot and this song has the sickest beat I've heard in awhile. very early 2000 dance/rap music that i miss so much. propppsssss

OBEY
4 minutes ago, Bloody said:

I'm sure with the vid, more radio support and more promo the song will go at least in the top 20.

She knows what she's doing.Ā 

werent you going to bed :rip:Ā 

OTĀ : yaaas iggy iggs slĆ© me

Thomas P
26 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

What a great attitude from herĀ :nick:

I do hope that some take note of this and chill when their songs don't go straight to #1

*thinks of Katy crying when ET didn't go #1*

I was laughing watching that! Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*I do love Katy, but I mean come on*

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived