💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Millennials find Madonna 'desperate', study finds

Pop

Featured Posts

Juvelius

at least she is way more relevant than these 1,000 people being influenced by you tube stars  and all the irrelevant for music history haters like most people here.:tea:

When will your fave will reach 1,500,000,000,000$ in tours gross or 300,000,000 in records sales ???? Never, cause her latest tour grossed only 80,000,000$ and had attendence 0f 850,000 people while irrelevant Madonna had 1,050,000 people. GIRL BYE

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
23 hours ago, Pop said:

This is actually talked about in the article:

“1980s media manipulation tactics simply don’t work any more and turn off younger audiences. This is not about Madonna’s age and her sexual image but about her being perceived as inauthentic.”

SLAP ha reaching wrist yassss :gaycat:

Ferrer Zorola

YAAASS where are the lies, finally some FACTS about Madonna's current status.
I refuse to call this woman the queen of pop, that status should be earned with every album. It's not that her recent albums have been flops, it has nothing to do with that, actually. I don't consider her queen of anything because of the lack of quality her recent songs have. Bitch I'm Madonna is a bop but it's a generic song made for the radio, not something to be expected from a woman with almost 40 years in the game. Björk is making music with much more quality and artistic approach. Also her RH tour sucks and it's disrespectful to show up late AND drunk to your shows. "Rebel heart" is such a basic ass concept for an album, at least she could have taken more advantage of the duality theme like ARTPOP to offer better explanations but no, that album and any other album she has released isn't as consistent and round as a Lady Gaga album. 

LIFE IS GOOD

StrawberryBlond
9 hours ago, Snow said:

Now I have to say something. Most of you have completely and utterly missed The point of Madonna is doing. She isn't desperate to stay relevant or Young or popular or whatever she's accused of being.

You don't get that Bitch Im Madonna is total irony. Her rebelling agains Social norms, sexism, ageism etc. Its a show/video/performance etc. She does  so to rufle ppl feathers and raise conversation & attention to The problem. She has said numerous times she doesnt care IF she is ridiculed etc for her things. She even dresses as a Clown for that very reason. Her point is to fight against stupid rules, to REBEL. How is to say how a 50+ women should behave? Noone!

But she isn't reeeally trying to be Young or a teenager NOR give a **** about their opinion. She doesnt Dress that way in real Life NOR even on stage. It was a performance!  She dresses in casual wear in real Life. She just find it unfair how older women are treated versus older men. 

It really isn't all about sexism or ageism. I find it just as off-putting when older men act like this. The difference is that when men do it, it's because it's just what they've always done and don't want to change because there's a part of most men that never grows up. But the majority of women who act young when they're not are trying to prove something - their attractiveness, their fun-loving personality, their relevancy. It's a tough business to make it in as a woman, so many fall back on this for attention and potential sales even when they should really know better. If Madonna really is happier dressing casual, then she's not being herself by dressing raunchy on stage, right? If she's really happier making mature songs, why does she still make immature ones?

"She's just doing what men do." is a bizarre myth that a shocking amount of people believe in. I swear it's like men infiltrated feminism and brainwashed some women into spreading this false ideology. Men do not use sexuality in the same way women do. Straight males are in no hurry to pose naked in magazines like women do. You won't find half-naked images of men on page 3 of newspapers like you do women. Men don't parade around in their underwear as a means to attaining power like women do. Men don't feel the need to sexualise their dress sense and personas in music like women do. Male nudity is used differently to female nudity and there's different levels of acceptability. Telling women that being overtly sexual will make them powerful is one of the biggest, most dangerous myths that women have ever been fed. The problem is that a lot of people can't tell the difference between having fun and being powerful. Being sexual can be fun and can turn you on but it won't make you powerful. Power comes from your intelligence, your achievements, your choices. Don't get the two mixed up.

5 hours ago, Snow said:

Again, I doubt ppl have even really heard Rebel Heart if they so whole heartedly think there's no "quality" O.o its much better than many today's releases.

I thought it was her best album since American Life, but that's not saying much, because it's still only a 2/5 (close to a 2.5, though). I liked Devil Pray, HeartbreakCity, Wash All Over Me, Best Night and Messiah. Inside Out was ok. I don't count deluxe tracks towards a final score, so I only got 3 above average tracks on the standard album and everything else was bad or mediocre. What annoys me is that there is some of her best ever material on this album, but she lets herself down with too much cringey trend-hopping that doesn't work for her. If she wants to make modern music, she should make more stuff like Devil Pray, not Bitch I'm Madonna or Iconic. If she wants to make sexual music, she should make more stuff like Inside Out and Best Night, not Holy Water or S.E.X (although that one is the most borderline guilty pleasure track for several reasons, including that wonderfully rhymed list!). She's just trying too hard to be something she's not and some of this music simply doesn't sit well on an older woman. I mean, some of this, I'd be embarrassed to sing at the age of 26, never mind 57. Wisdom should come through your lyrics at this age, not immaturity.

Ferrer Zorola
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It really isn't all about sexism or ageism. I find it just as off-putting when older men act like this. The difference is that when men do it, it's because it's just what they've always done and don't want to change because there's a part of most men that never grows up. But the majority of women who act young when they're not are trying to prove something - their attractiveness, their fun-loving personality, their relevancy. It's a tough business to make it in as a woman, so many fall back on this for attention and potential sales even when they should really know better. If Madonna really is happier dressing casual, then she's not being herself by dressing raunchy on stage, right? If she's really happier making mature songs, why does she still make immature ones?

"She's just doing what men do." is a bizarre myth that a shocking amount of people believe in. I swear it's like men infiltrated feminism and brainwashed some women into spreading this false ideology. Men do not use sexuality in the same way women do. Straight males are in no hurry to pose naked in magazines like women do. You won't find half-naked images of men on page 3 of newspapers like you do women. Men don't parade around in their underwear as a means to attaining power like women do. Men don't feel the need to sexualise their dress sense and personas in music like women do. Male nudity is used differently to female nudity and there's different levels of acceptability. Telling women that being overtly sexual will make them powerful is one of the biggest, most dangerous myths that women have ever been fed. The problem is that a lot of people can't tell the difference between having fun and being powerful. Being sexual can be fun and can turn you on but it won't make you powerful. Power comes from your intelligence, your achievements, your choices. Don't get the two mixed up.

I thought it was her best album since American Life, but that's not saying much, because it's still only a 2/5 (close to a 2.5, though). I liked Devil Pray, HeartbreakCity, Wash All Over Me, Best Night and Messiah. Inside Out was ok. I don't count deluxe tracks towards a final score, so I only got 3 above average tracks on the standard album and everything else was bad or mediocre. What annoys me is that there is some of her best ever material on this album, but she lets herself down with too much cringey trend-hopping that doesn't work for her. If she wants to make modern music, she should make more stuff like Devil Pray, not Bitch I'm Madonna or Iconic. If she wants to make sexual music, she should make more stuff like Inside Out and Best Night, not Holy Water or S.E.X (although that one is the most borderline guilty pleasure track for several reasons, including that wonderfully rhymed list!). She's just trying too hard to be something she's not and some of this music simply doesn't sit well on an older woman. I mean, some of this, I'd be embarrassed to sing at the age of 26, never mind 57. Wisdom should come through your lyrics at this age, not immaturity.

don't waste your time with this delusional fan "you don't get the point, Bitch I'm Madonna is an irony" :toofunny:

LIFE IS GOOD

darkwolf
10 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I refuse to call this woman the queen of pop, that status should be earned with every album. It's not that her recent albums have been flops, it has nothing to do with that, actually. I don't consider her queen of anything because of the lack of quality her recent songs have. Bitch I'm Madonna is a bop but it's a generic song made for the radio, not something to be expected from a woman with almost 40 years in the game. Björk is making music with much more quality and artistic approach. Also her RH tour sucks and it's disrespectful to show up late AND drunk to your shows. "Rebel heart" is such a basic ass concept for an album, at least she could have taken more advantage of the duality theme like ARTPOP to offer better explanations but no, that album and any other album she has released isn't as consistent and round as a Lady Gaga album. 

As if it would make a difference....

MyQueen

Younger generacion are so conservative!

But at least they know her! That one step to get familiar with her work and becoming her fan!

JbGaga

I mean you dont have to be a millennial or blind to see the desperation all over Madonna.... :tea:

But she is the Queen of Pop.

11 hours ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Rolf :D:D

This thread is so full of ppl who just don't get it. But The most hilarious part is that someone actually thinks teenagers opinion matter at ALL in society. Its so funny when Kids think they rule The world :D

iCpro
On 26 March 2016 at 10:30 AM, RockWithU said:

Tbh, they're basically being rude to her just because she's older than most pop girls but still is touring and keeps being as strong as they are. It's their own loss that they can't appreciate a cultural icon only because her age is a bit older.

They're not being rude, they are expressing their frustration with how she is desperate to remain a part of contemporary pop culture and appeal to it's target demographic when that group is actively rejecting her. She needs to accept that the world is moving on from her.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

nikola

I kinda agree.......she is deaperate and thats really sad.....because she can be pooular without it.......

And also she is less influential than Adrle ane Taylor......i mean she might influential to us cuz we eare crazy pop stans,but go out on the street and ask young people what is the last song that madonna released and 90% wont know it.......tbh they wont know when was herlast album released...........but 90% of them will know about Adeles snd Taylors new album and music......

By the way to all of you saying that pewdiepie is not influential think about it for a second.........he has 40 million subscribers,everyone of his videos have more than one million views.he is the most warched youtube chanell on youtube......he moght not inspire you but he really does inspire a lot of people.........

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

1 hour ago, MANiKIWI said:

They're not being rude, they are expressing their frustration with how she is desperate to remain a part of contemporary pop culture and appeal to it's target demographic when that group is actively rejecting her. She needs to accept that the world is moving on from her.

Yet again one that has missunderstood everything. In what manner does Madonna try to appeal to teenagers? NONE! Her lyrics etc are not meant for teens and for teens to relate to. She is NOT trying to be a teen or anything even remotely like it. She is rebelling agains Social norms and trying to inspire older generation not to submit to ancient socal behaviour norms and live as everyone feels and pleases. Not Roll over and die once you hit fifthy.

Anyone who really think she's trying to apoeal for teens have clearly not listened her albums at ALL. 

And once AGAIN, Bitch Im Madonna is performance art andsarcasm, its not how she is NOR dresses. Its an expressin and exaggarated point of view of NOT caring of how you are supposed to be, but to validate yourself and do as you feel aka party at Clubs in you fifthies IF you please.

It IS ALL about sexism and ageism. 

Shes one of The most clever and intelligent ppl in The business and mother of teens. Does anyone think she is that delusional that she would think teens relate and listen to a sixty year old. No, she is not.

On March 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Son of ARTPOP said:

If you're 15 aren't you part of Gen. Z not the millenials tho? :huh: Not that this classification is relevant in this case cause in every generation there are fans of her. 

Gen Z are Millennials stupid 

Archived