celeb

Millennials find Madonna 'desperate', study finds

Pop

Featured Posts

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RockWithU said:

She doesn't look like a go-go dancer and she is neither inappropriate or gross. And yes, she is being denied being herself and doing things her way without getting unneccessary criticism and hate for it which is both sexist and ageist. End of story.

Good night for me! Good night/day to you!

I was talking about ageism in general + you're kind of twisting the definition of it to fit your agenda, but I'm happy to agree to disagree, cause I'm in a good mood and about to go out. lol So I, too, wish you a good night!:)

uo111

The only suprising thing is that it was only 3 out of 5 people.

Taylor is 100x more influential than Madonna right now. Madonna is chasing 5 year old trends.

TerrenceV2
1 hour ago, RockWithU said:

what desperate stunts are you even talking about?

This could really turn into an argument for hours but I have to go to sleep now. So bye.

WHAT DESPERATE STUNTS I'M I TALKING ABOUT?!

Are you seriously trying to make it seem like you DON'T KNOW? JpZXzi9.jpg

don't make a fool out of yourself, goodnight haha

playground love - josef salvat

Evan Peters
1 hour ago, RockWithU said:

I can't believe that people actually spend their time and energy on making a totally worthless and pointless research study (if it's even appropriate to call it that). 

People have different tastes. End of story.

:sick:

Tbh, they're basically being rude to her just because she's older than most pop girls but still is touring and keeps being as strong as they are. It's their own loss that they can't appreciate a cultural icon only because her age is a bit older.

you could easily say this about any study that you don't like, lol. And to imply that people of a younger generation don't like her because she's old is redundant. This study doesn't say Millennials find Madonna desperate because she's older, they find her desperate because of the attempts she makes (let's not act like Madonna is allowed to pull stunts out of her ass for publicity because she's Madonna and can get away with it) to appeal to the younger generation. and yeah, it is pretty appropriate to call this a research study since. you not liking it doesn't change the meaning behind this.

music taste has nothing to do with this, this isn't even mentioned in the research results. 

emma roberts is an abuser

Sizzily

lol at everyone crying sexism :tongue: You act they did this study just to be shady or whatever. I think it's good that they are studying how this generation views last generation's celebrities. But no, it must be  sexist.

One Banned Boi

darkwolf

What a joke, I'd like to know more about how they conducted this "study"

This part sums it up

"Professor Sehdev cited YouTube stars such as PewDiePie as figures who have supplanted Madonna among millennials due to their “unprecedented levels of transparency”, “sincerity and authenticity” :neyde: . Yet their legacy may not match Madonna’s global impact on popular culture over an extended period."

Knife

Madonna looked especially desperate at the Superbowl halftime show with LMFAO.

A pop legend...with those clowns on stage? Embarrassing.

TerrenceV2
10 minutes ago, QueenGadonna said:

The only thing that this topic proved is how desperate the GGD users are.

Bye.

It's not desperation, anyone that has gone to college simply knows the way a study research works.

playground love - josef salvat

16 minutes ago, QueenGadonna said:

The only thing that this topic proved is how desperate the GGD users are.

Bye.

Science doesn't lie. 

If you've learned the basics of statistics, you would know that 1000 people are enough to get a very realistic result.

Most studies for presidential elections are done on the base of 1000 people. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Katharine Hepburn

I think it's kinda true. In terms of music she hadn't done anything to the standard of her peak days since confessions and nothing revolutionary. If you look at other legends, it's much more effective to preserve your legacy by stepping back from the public eye (either by unfortunately circumstances or early retirement) eg Queen, Nevada, ABBA, Jimmy Hendrix. Or a legend can release music like they always have regardless of trends but be distant in terms of being a celebrity so that most people will remember your hay day but can enjoy making new music and fans can enjoy it too (eg Björk, Janet Jackson, David Bowie or Kate Bush). 

Madonna is trying to keep with current trends and is very active on social media. It would be a shame if 'Bitch I'm Madonna' Madge is remembered more than 'Express Yourself' Madge as her earlier works had more impact and have more artistry. But it's her legacy and her life.

xoxo Joanne

I agree, she should learn from Gaga how to be devoted to your art and not just money and fame in the first place

p.s.: not a hater

River

Cher is older but still can make mature music and look sexy...so all the ageism complains are bullshit..

Madonna simply needs to find this balance between age and sex... she can still look sexy without trying hard to look like a grandmother stripper..

The article is right, the BIM video and the song for example are awkward.. and kinda makes you feel sorry for her.. like after all the amazing things that she did in the past.. this is what she became?

I want the old Madonna back.. the one that I loved, that had influence on music and fashion and that changed the world.. thank you.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Supersonic

On one hand it is clear that a lot of the reasons why Madonna isn't popular with millenials are based on ingrained ageist and sexist beliefs.

But on the other hand, the study does have a point: I (a millenial as well) wouldn't pay attention to her or her recent music if she was 27, because her behaviour really does come off as really forced and inauthentic. The Bitch I'm Madonna video made me really uncomfortable, but not the "good" uncomfortable. It was the "ugly white boy who hasn't washed himself in 24 days is sitting next to me on a long busride and spreads his legs apart as if his nuts were basektballs" uncomfortable. :S

Archived