💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Millennials find Madonna 'desperate', study finds

Pop

Featured Posts

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/madonna-has-now-become-toxic-figure-for-millennials-academics-say-a6952711.html

Madonna+Singer+Old+Now+Grille+Lame+Despe

The research, by Jeetendr Sehdev, marketing professor at the University of Southern California, found that Madonna’s desire to stay relevant with younger audiences has damaged the $1bn brand she has built over more than 30 years.

The study, based on interviews with 1,000 young adults, has been published during a difficult period for Madonna. The concluding Australian leg of her Rebel Heart tour was marred by erratic behaviour, including late starts, slurred lyrics and reports of drinking during shows.

Millennials are highly distrustful of Madonna, who is 17-times less influential than Taylor Swift and 15-times less influential than Adele, according to the poll of young Americans. Three in five people viewed an incident during a Brisbane show when she pulled down the top of a 17-year-old fan exposing her breast, as little more than a “desperate publicity stunt”.

Her continued efforts to remain sexually appealing were described as “desperate” and “inauthentic”. Three in five said her image was “embarrassing”.

Professor Sehdev said: “Madonna’s desperate attempts for attention have damaged her legacy.”

full article here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/madonna-has-now-become-toxic-figure-for-millennials-academics-say-a6952711.html

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that people actually spend their time and energy on making a totally worthless and pointless research study (if it's even appropriate to call it that). 

People have different tastes. End of story.

:sick:

Tbh, they're basically being rude to her just because she's older than most pop girls but still is touring and keeps being as strong as they are. It's their own loss that they can't appreciate a cultural icon only because her age is a bit older.

2 minutes ago, Pop said:

Madonna+Singer+Old+Now+Grille+Lame+Despe

The research, by Jeetendr Sehdev, marketing professor at the University of Southern California, found that Madonna’s desire to stay relevant with younger audiences has damaged the $1bn brand she has built over more than 30 years.

The study, based on interviews with 1,000 young adults, has been published during a difficult period for Madonna. The concluding Australian leg of her Rebel Heart tour was marred by erratic behaviour, including late starts, slurred lyrics and reports of drinking during shows.

Millennials are highly distrustful of Madonna, who is 17-times less influential than Taylor Swift and 15-times less influential than Adele, according to the poll of young Americans. Three in five people viewed an incident during a Brisbane show when she pulled down the top of a 17-year-old fan exposing her breast, as little more than a “desperate publicity stunt”.

Her continued efforts to remain sexually appealing were described as “desperate” and “inauthentic”. Three in five said her image was “embarrassing”.

Professor Sehdev said: “Madonna’s desperate attempts for attention have damaged her legacy.”

full article here:

she looks like a dodgy school dinnerlady

Iwontell

To me this study shows how ppl are very sexist, specially once women passes the mark of 40...
I do agree that she can be a bit much at times, but 17 times less influential than Taylor? C'mon...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Bonkers

I'd say it's not so much that they find Madonna desperate, I think it's more that they *noticed* she's desperate.

Been a Madonna fan, but when a Golden (material) Girl fangirls for Miley Cyrus, it's desparate.  But there are worse things than being desperate, right?

ov7rfj4flhpuoutgsgal.gif

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

1 minute ago, Iwontell said:

To me this study shows how ppl are very sexist, specially once women passes the mark of 40...

This is actually talked about in the article:

“1980s media manipulation tactics simply don’t work any more and turn off younger audiences. This is not about Madonna’s age and her sexual image but about her being perceived as inauthentic.”

darkchylde

the point is, just yesterday madonna sounded like every baby boomer around and nowadays she's tryna play it cool and she's doing too much.

adele, who is about the same age as her, is liked by 'millenials' too because she's authentic and true to herself

OmgSum1Actually

It's because they know they'll never be as successful as her

Shameless selfpromo

eifulien

Well, I think they have a point. I almost never discuss Madonna since I've got nothing good to say about her (nor bad for that matter) and I know it's a touchy subject on GGD.

But I think she is exaggerating with "it's okay to feel sexy after 50. People are sexist, showing ageism against me" etc.
I agree that thinking in that direction is rather old-fashioned and rigid, but she is using the argument to hide the fact that she has been lacking quality for years now. 

Just now, VenusOddity said:

the point is, just yesterday madonna sounded like every baby boomer around and nowadays she's tryna play it cool and she's doing too much.

adele, who is about the same age as her, is liked by 'millenials' too because she's authentic and true to herself

Adele is 27. :rip:

Thomas P

what the **** that picture.

Im 15, and I can honestly say that Madonna is one of my all tim fav singers!!

Im not a huge fan of the albums from after COADF, but she has been one of the most ground breaking singers ever!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived