Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
interview

Diane Warren talks about the Oscar's loss, Kesha and TIHTY

monketsharona

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Didn't expect her to be so open about expecting to win like that. She must have wanted this badly if she doesn't care about being brutally honest. But she's right. Gaga's song is actually starting something and caused some impact. In a few years, no one will even remember WOTW winning. I doubt they may even remember by next year. Not saying that TIHTY would be remembered either but my point is for a Bond theme, a rare song that people actually recognise in the Best Song nominations list, to be so forgettable to a lot of people means that its win was pretty meaningless. People remember Adele winning because Skyfall was a big hit with everyone. If anyone remembers Sam winning, it'll be for all the wrong reasons. I mean, I think even the academy realised after the fact that they'd made a massive mistake, considering they omitted Sam's performance from the next-day highlights, yet put in the losers performances. They know which ones were sung properly and got the good reception and which one was a vocal mess. They probably feel very embarrassed to have awarded it to someone who can't even sing it live.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

Wouldn't it be funny if Gaga was nominated and won the Oscar for her song in this movie. Lol 

I think Diane Warren would die. Lol

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JustinTrudeau

I admire her for getting up everything she fell. Hopefully she'll get it next time! 

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Economy
14 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

the grim feeling i have for Sam is still quite real, weeks after the ceremony. i don't think i can forgive him for stealing that Oscar from Gaga. ever. :saladga:

So ur gonna get mad at him for a decision the academy made???

mature :neyde: 

Economy
6 hours ago, George said:

This kinda made me sad. How long has it been since Gaga actually won a live announced award (as a musician)? Most of the awards she has had lately are honoring her, without competition (and she deserves them). But every time she is put to compete with her contemporaries, there's this cloud of not-being-the-popular-one that prevents her from winning. Its terrible that someone of her talent and impact has to go to these ceremonies with the mindset of practicing a "loser face" :( 

Anyway, she definitely stole and won that night, and brought to the table something way more important. I still think they were robbed tho

Yeah but remember 2009 to 2012 when she won like every award? Maybe its carma :green: 

I remember Katy Perry, Ke$ha and Rihanna looked like they tried so hard to look happy for Gaga when she scooped up every award

Especially the 2010 VMAs lmao. She won literally every award she was nominated for (exept 2 of the 5 proffesional categories which they didnt announce anyway)

good times :flutter: 

Ethan

When's the last time a song came out that got people talking? Oh Idk Dianne this album and song called Born This Way rings a bell. 

B4 u come for my weave I love Dianne. So so much. She's the best gift to this fanbase. She obviously meant other works not by GAGA that got people talking. 

9 hours ago, Ethan said:

When's the last time a song came out that got people talking? Oh Idk Dianne this album and song called Born This Way rings a bell. 

thank god someone pointed this out. I was scared I was the only hurt by that Dianne's comment :emma: 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

I still can't believe this happened.

It's disgusting.

I guess the Academy voters are not only racist, but also sexist. Most of their sons probably attend Ivy League schools and they didn't like the message of the movie. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Miel
1 hour ago, Pop said:

I still can't believe this happened.

It's disgusting.

I guess the Academy voters are not only racist, but also sexist. Most of their sons probably attend Ivy League schools and they didn't like the message of the movie. 

On one hand I want to say this is a reach, but on the other hand the worst part is that I don't doubt it lol

3 points in and ready for more

Archived