question

Is Gaga a gay icon?

Logan

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I think BTW was an important time for her to stand up for the gay community and express her own identity but I feel she's trying to show different sides of her and not be a niche artist that only makes "gay music"

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Lord Temptation
43 minutes ago, Rino said:

Gaga is a gay icon to the new generation of gays :gaycat:

old ones (aka little medonsters) will never admit that she is :emma:

So true. It's always the younger gays who are protesting for marriage equality at the protests I've been to. The older gay men are nowhere to be seen - oh wait they're too busy visiting brothels and sex saunas. 

In fact I know so many older gay men who don't want gay marriage in Australia. They just want to deprive younger gay people a chance at something that they never even cared to fight for. All they care about is the lifestyle, not the rights.

Thank god for Gaga because I don't think there are any other singers in the current generation who are advocates for marriage equality.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, Logan said:

https://m.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/4bmvqo/real_talk_with_rupaul/d1beyrh?context=3

I was defending Gaga as a gay icon and activist and was told otherwise by this person. What do you guys think about their comment?

Someone (not you) is angry and pressed. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Chelseaaaaaa

Yes.

I actually wish she was considered a bi icon instead, or at least additionally, because she IS bisexual herself, and that always gets erased. She's treated like an outsider but she's just as much a member of the community as a lesbian or trans person. :/

Mikey Monster

I think she's an LGBT icon especially for our generation if Gaga wasn't here it would not be as ok to be gay as it is now. Ofc there are so many gay icons that we love but we shouldn't exclude people like hypocrites. Every time I mentioned Lady Gaga when she started out people would say it's so gay so to me she is an LGBT icon ❤️

Mikey McCampbell

boyerased

I've heard enough media personality and read so many papers here in my country—which is somehow conservative (The Philippines) that when citing gay pop icon, they line Lady Gaga with Madonna. For me that's enough to consider her a gay icon. 

Gagz4Gaga

no matter gay, straight or bi, SHE IS AN ICON.

nostalgia’s for geeks

En_Sabah_Nur
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

So true. It's always the younger gays who are protesting for marriage equality at the protests I've been to. The older gay men are nowhere to be seen - oh wait they're too busy visiting brothels and sex saunas. 

In fact I know so many older gay men who don't want gay marriage in Australia. They just want to deprive younger gay people a chance at something that they never even cared to fight for. All they care about is the lifestyle, not the rights.

Thank god for Gaga because I don't think there are any other singers in the current generation who are advocates for marriage equality.

While I understand all to well where you are coming from.  We can not negate all the LGBT activists of the past who were fighting for us.  Fighting to find a cure & medication for AIDS while 100 of 1,000s of LGBT people were dying from it in the 80's!  Some didn't even make it to this time to even be able to fight for Gay Marriage.  And the ones that did, are probably tired of fighting after decades of it.  Larry Kramer, Act UP, etc.  Heterosexual society for almost a decade didn't even care about AIDS, so LGBT people had to get out in the streets & fight & act like The Black Lives Matter Movement of today to MAKE them care!   Sorry for the rant.  We just can't negate or forget about our forebears is all...  👍

Egypt. W

Stephen

This is clearly just a hater trying to seem "intelligent". I could break apart their argument but I don't have the time. Maybe tomorrow I will if this thread is still active. 

Phlop

She's the only current pop star to actively address the gay community. She risked the beginning of her career bringing us up in every day award ceremony. Katy Perry, Britney, and Rihanna have yet to do anything for our community. Beyonce is a devote Christian who in all interviews seems turned off when it comes to gay rights. 

So yes, Gaga deserves to be a gay icon.

BYE

chromaticka

Lady Gaga used all that momentum and fame from The Fame and The Fame Monster to release an album focused on gay issues and accepting yourself and trying to tell the straights that we can't choose who we love. She could've release a whole other TF or TFM and gained even more success with. Lady Gaga IS a gay icon and will ALWAYS be one. She shined a light to soooo many minorities with Born This Way. I love so so so so much for that, she risked her entire career when she released BTW and she did it because of what she believed in.

I Met Lady Gaga On February 7th, 2016; Attended Superbowl 51 and Coachella 2017.

Only one of the biggest.:gaycat:Don't let some pressed Madona stan tell you otherwise on reddit of all places.:toofunny: The internet is filled with haters that make all kind of dumb statements the best thing to do is to ignore them.

gaga should distance away from the gay icon thing and just concentrate on her fanbase

no one cares about being a gay icon anymore, its 2016, she should just concentrate on maintaining her iconic status as a pop musician.

The only people who do care are the stuck up madonna fans who bash gaga regardless of what she does and the gay SJW. Its better to distance herself from them. 

And to those saying "MAdonna is a real gay icon!! she stood up for people when they were dying!"

No she did it to look edgy sorry

I dont want to get political, but the real gay icons/activists dont get enough recognition

Archived