Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
other

Gwen Stefani "Misery" Music Video Concept

Reidstar

Featured Posts

Reidstar

Hey guys I'm also a huge Gwen Stefani fan and just had a vision for a video for her new song Misery. Listen to it with this in mind and let me know what you think :)

Gwen sits alone looking sad against a wall in a dark kind of filthy room with a hint of blood orange sunlight beaming on her face coming through from the blinds. She's wearing a loose fitting black tank - simple, casual, but kinda punky, with blue ripped skinny jeans and black heels, long straight hair all slicked back. Nude lipstick and sixtys cat eye make up. Understated gold braclets and necklaces. She starts singing "where'd you go"

Once the beat and the "drugs to me" part kicks in she starts to get up and move more, not quite dancing but just a chill groove in her body. And as it builds up to the chorus she throws open the drapes "put me out of my misery" and allows more of the orange and pink sun light from the smoggy Los Angeles sunrise into the room singing the chorus. She steps out onto a balcony to feel a breeze blow past her - trying to feel better breathing in the morning air. 

As the second verse starts she throws on a leather jacket and heads outside. It looks like 6am the sun is just rising and it's still kind of smoggy. She walks down the sidewalk into a grocery store and when the "drugs to me" part kicks in the second time the people in the grocery store slowly start doing chill choreography behind her in the aisles. By the time the second chorus kicks in she has a whole posse with her (think hollaback girl as more and more people join) walking down the street and it's starting to get lighter out and she looks even happier. 

Then she climbs a pyramid of hot dancer guys and gets in a convertible to drive down the highway to the "you're in so much trouble" part. she passes the ocean/beach on her drive. She ends up at a giant house party with a huge pool. Everyone has red solo cups. Everyone's drinking dancing and smoking joints as she walks through them looking for her lover singing the final chorus. 

She then sees an outline of a hot guy (a male model) in cowboy boots and brown leather jacket with his back facing her (to represent Blake) - but he's hotter than Blake haha. He turns around smiles at her - She smiles as the song finishes and the video ends.

:emma: at GGD conveniently cutting 'concept' from the title on the main page.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

NotAlice

I really like your concept for the video of this amazingly beautiful song :sara:

Especially I can imagine how the beginning in the dark room and the light would look like

Thank you for sharing 

Reidstar
12 hours ago, dUmb said:

I really like your concept for the video of this amazingly beautiful song :sara:

Especially I can imagine how the beginning in the dark room and the light would look like

Thank you for sharing 

Thank you :)

Reidstar
12 hours ago, gag said:

:emma: at GGD conveniently cutting 'concept' from the title on the main page.

misleading I know :saladga: sorry

Alphaz
1 hour ago, Reidstar said:

why?

because you created the thread in Gaga News

looks like it's moved to Entertainment Talk, so you are fine

Archived