💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG5 isn't getting that Grammy, girlies.

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

johnraphael

Keep calm cause Gaga will win the 2016 grammy for "best dance album" (at least Adele cant steal this one) :stalkga:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uo111

Do you remember when Beyonce was sure to win album of the year?

Do you remember when TIHTY was sure to win an Oscar?

Pepridge farm remembers. 

Riot Poof
16 hours ago, ROARyals said:

Why do y'all think LG5 will win a Grammy just because she releases it after the deadline? Don't ask her to push it back just so she can win a Grammy. That's an entire year of other releases that could potentially win the Grammy from LG5 too. Or are y'all gonna harass all those other artists to push back their albums past September 30, 2017 just so LG5 could win? 

I agree with this. Lady Gaga's goal with LG5 shouldn't be to win awards, especially an award as hard to obtain as AOTY. LG5 will face competition regardless of when it'll be released because musicians are always releasing music. There's not even a guarantee that LG5 will even be nominated for a Grammy! We still don't know much about the album, and yet people are already assuming a lot of things about it. Let's just hope that it's a great album and we'll take it from there once we listen to it! :)

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

Pacify Him

Adele is so overrated. I'm tired of her now. I can't believe it turned out this way. This never happens

I’m getting on your nerves

Katsuki Bakugo
15 hours ago, ROARyals said:

what does the pink circle on the top of this thread say, sweetie? :gaycat:

yeah, I know. That's the problem. Too many misguided opinions about things we haven't even heard yet. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

StrawberryBlond

We don't know what surprises will crop up. Another new artist could appear and have a runaway hit like 21. An artist who's been in the game for a while could have a big comeback. Or the Grammys will let a virtually unknown alternative album win over the big releases (hello, Beck). The Grammys are unpredictable and like it. If they give Adele the win, it'll be for her second album in a row, which is unlikely. It would also be another consecutive win for the most successful album of the year, like 1989. That will not happen 2 years in a row, mark my words. If you look back in history, the Grammys go for a 50/50 take as regards commercial success vs. alternative quality, especially in the last 6 years. I also notice that after letting an artist sweep in one night, the academy tend to cool off on them in a big way with their next album, sometimes even forgetting about them entirely (look up Christopher Cross - 5 time Grammy, Golden Globe and Oscar winner you've never heard of and has been totally erased from music history). Not saying this will happen to Adele, obviously, but expecting Grammy victory every time she releases an album from here on out is a big overestimation.

Quite frankly, once you've had a boatload of awards dropped on you in one night like Adele did with 21, it never happens again. Plus, she hasn't even released a music video for her second single, which will majorly count against her, along with it not going top ten in the US (the Grammys focus mostly on American success as opposed to worldwide impact). There's a large body of people who think 25 is a weak follow up. I've seen so many comments along the lines of "I bought 25 on the first day, played the hell out of it for a week and now I'm totally bored with it and don't think I'll ever listen to it again." It was such a instantly gratifying release of just 11 songs that boredom was inevitable unlike 21, which got bigger over time as more people became aware of it, which is why it sold as much as it did.

Miel

After this last Grammys, for now I have lost my respect for the voters lol

I'll care when Born This Way gets posthumous recognition as AOTY!!!

3 points in and ready for more

Archived